Verified:

W Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 15:55:31

sorry to bring this up again, but it would be really nice to put a cap on standing order spending.

say i have $500 million cash and want to place a number of different standing orders. most likely i will not get them all, but if i did it would spend all my cash. i'd like to be able to specify an amount that that $500 million would spend down to so that i would still have some flexible cash when logging in if all the orders went.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

llaar Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 16:15:41

just do the math and pick certain amounts

i just put like 2b of fluff when i want to use all cash

otherwise i divide my cash in half and then by the price so that half my money is left... if two things, just use a quarter of your cash on each...

for a cap, spending orders would have to know when they're placed and when the cap was instituted, when it should expire... it just makes it a little more obtuse as to know what they should do

W Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 17:27:16

Originally posted by llaar:
for a cap, spending orders would have to know when they're placed and when the cap was instituted, when it should expire... it just makes it a little more obtuse as to know what they should do

this wouldn't have to be any 'smarter' than an input box with an amount in it. your standing orders would treat this the same as if you had spent all your cash, "your standing order was canceled due to lack of cash" but instead of when it reached zero, when it reached $100 million or whatever other amount you wanted.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 14th 2010, 17:38:24

that makes sense if you're only making 1 standing order. if you're making multiple standing orders, yes you could have a simple box for the user to input how much they want to spend down to, but actually coding that in seems a bit unwarranted.

basically lazy buying.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

llaar Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 17:43:16

^^ what he said

*humps W for good measure*

W Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 17:49:50

ENABLE MY LAZINESS!

*runs shiggle train on llaar*

*still thinks it's a good idea*

*runs away and never comes back*

:)