Verified:

MrTan1

Jul 3rd 2024, 18:20:59

From Solaria to now, I've never understood why a spy operation wouldn't tell you the military readiness of the target country. The idea of having to do a secondary spy op for a military spy operation to verify the readiness is a waste of turns.
iScode> thats ok mrford i know when im not welcome!! :(
* iScode cries

Leto Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 4th 2024, 20:29:56

Agreed, this is a great idea
Need additional support or have questions?

Text me or Email me at:

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 5th 2024, 12:35:51

I agree. I wish it would tell you who they were op-ed too as well.
Mercs Unofficial Head Griefer
—————————————
http://mercs.ghqnet.com
—————————————
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com
—————————————

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 5th 2024, 14:28:06

I understand the intent here, but at some point, every op will just be rolled into it!

I think the point was to require more turns being spent to obtain various information about a country.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

VicRattlehead Game profile

Jul 5th 2024, 16:24:13

Yeah this is more about warring than grabbing. Fine the way it is.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 6th 2024, 2:51:42

Originally posted by Requiem:
I understand the intent here, but at some point, every op will just be rolled into it!

I think the point was to require more turns being spent to obtain various information about a country.

I agree, I just wanted to add stuff since we were talking about things that should be left alone anyway 😂
Mercs Unofficial Head Griefer
—————————————
http://mercs.ghqnet.com
—————————————
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com
—————————————

MrTan1

Jul 17th 2024, 15:29:49

Who really uses the military op outside of readiness? It's wasted turns unless some idiot PSes all of their troops away for an easy GS kill run. There is no functionality behind it now. We farm bots and not have to do full calculations for land grabs unlike during Solaria/Swirve times. Technically speaking the spy op already tells us their military forces that the country has outside of PSed brigades. One could do a 1k troop GS to verify the forces are at home or not. Thusly, there is no need for military ops besides readiness and it would be vastly superior to have the readiness be parsed into spy ops than to waste time.
* iScode cries

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2024, 15:57:10

If you’re just farming bots can’t you just assume they are always 100% as they do not attack?

I suppose if we want to go down this line of thought we could wrap up all info ops into one.

MrTan1

Jul 19th 2024, 22:06:42

This isn't for bots. This is for warring. The other spy ops are fine as they serve a purpose, but having a military spy op that isn't used much anymore outside of readiness checks or the potential of an idiot PSing away all their troops for a quick kill or an AB is the extent of the other factor for this spy operation. I don't get why it can't just be sent as a column feed to our spyop databases as that's a critical part.
* iScode cries

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 20th 2024, 1:02:03

Originally posted by Requiem:

^ This

Originally posted by MrTan1:
... One could do a 1k troop GS to verify the forces are at home or not. ...

That would require a turn as well. More if you're not tyranny

Edited By: Primeval on Jul 20th 2024, 1:06:23

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 20th 2024, 6:54:34

20 millions jets will never fail and you can forget spy op'ing :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

MrTan1

Jul 20th 2024, 16:34:52

... One could do a 1k troop GS to verify the forces are at home or not. ...

That would require a turn as well. More if you're not tyranny

Not if you get the error message, noob. "Your forces refuse to attack as it would slaughter them!"

Next point?
* iScode cries

Prime

Jul 20th 2024, 22:26:47

Next point?

I think the first one was sufficient.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2024, 15:42:16

...We farm bots and not have to do full calculations for land grabs unlike during Solaria/Swirve times...

This is what I was posing about ^

This isn't for bots. This is for warring.

It seems you want this to make your bot easier, which is fine by me. You need Daddy Slag Pit to weigh in.

MrTan1

Jul 21st 2024, 16:25:49

I think the point was to require more turns being spent to obtain various information about a country. [/quote]

Still an irrelevant operation to this day. Only real useful use for it is readiness and using 1 extra turn is stupid. For 1 percentage? BUT! We have an in-game search function that anyone can use for land grabbing. Are we leaning towards more PvE and not for killing purposes? Gtfo with that trash can logic.

Edited By: MrTan1 on Jul 21st 2024, 16:29:13
See Original Post
* iScode cries

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2024, 16:31:25

Thats not true.

It's also useful for how many of the total units are at home. It's not a binary where either all are at home or none are.

Sending 1k troops to test for 50% of their military at home still wouldn't work.