Verified:

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 24th 2010, 14:00:28

User List:
Maybe this shouldn't be viewable while not logged in because the only real information it supplies(a clickable link to send a message) can't be used while logged out anyway.

Also, put a basic search in (SELECT blah, blah2 FROM blahDB WHERE blahName LIKE '%$search%' or something) to find names. or, if not that, either make the links different letters of the alphabet or keep both letters of the alphabet, and then put those results into X number of pages. will make the list much easier to search.

Should consider rethinking how/what information is shown on this page.. at current, it's pointless(not a dig at DM who made it) because it can take quite a while to find the name you're looking for.

User Profiles / My Account / Register Page:
Originally posted by EE_Privacy_Policy:
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. Specific information provided to us is not shared unless you give us explicit permission to use it in another manner. Data may be shared anonymously in aggregate (such as overall demographic information) to third parties.

Taken from: http://www.earthempires.com/privacy

These really need to be edited a bit to take into account EE's privacy policy(which i notice there is no link for when on forums). I mean, when registering, you are required to input an email address, but there is nothing saying you are allowing EE to share your email(or other contact details) with the rest of the Forum Users.

According to the way I read your policy, there should be a box for us to opt IN to showing our contact details. or at least a message saying "by clicking on submit, you agree to sharing your contact details with all other forum users" but that could be seen as "bullying" to get users to "opt in" *shrug* a tick box(that needs to be unticked to remove consent) giving EE permission to share contact details would suffice and save possible trouble in the future.

Also, when looking at the register page in researching the privacy policy implications, i notice that there is a tick box you are required to click(red *) saying you agree to the forum rules, but there isn't actually a link to the forum rules you're agreeing to. I know each board generally has its own rules, but there should be some forum rules stickied(or made a static page for) somewhere in the forums that the registration page could link to.

The user profile shows the date that you joined, but it doesn't show the year. year would be awesome for knowing how long someone has been a member.

Finally, when it shows your status(like Member or Patron) on the user profile, there's a colon after the word like (Member: or Patron:) i understand that this colon is used for the Admin's like Admin: Game Development. perhaps the colon could be added in the descriptor variable instead of static. just a cosmetic issue, really.

Thanks.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 25th 2010, 1:23:33

K, iZarcon's suggestions:

1) "User List:
Maybe this shouldn't be viewable while not logged in because the only real information it supplies(a clickable link to send a message) can't be used while logged out anyway."

Done

2) "Also, put a basic search in (SELECT blah, blah2 FROM blahDB WHERE blahName LIKE '%$search%' or something) to find names. or, if not that, either make the links different letters of the alphabet or keep both letters of the alphabet, and then put those results into X number of pages. will make the list much easier to search."

Done

3) "Should consider rethinking how/what information is shown on this page.. at current, it's pointless(not a dig at DM who made it) because it can take quite a while to find the name you're looking for."

Think?

4) "These really need to be edited a bit to take into account EE's privacy policy(which i notice there is no link for when on forums). I mean, when registering, you are required to input an email address, but there is nothing saying you are allowing EE to share your email(or other contact details) with the rest of the Forum Users.

According to the way I read your policy, there should be a box for us to opt IN to showing our contact details. or at least a message saying "by clicking on submit, you agree to sharing your contact details with all other forum users" but that could be seen as "bullying" to get users to "opt in" *shrug* a tick box(that needs to be unticked to remove consent) giving EE permission to share contact details would suffice and save possible trouble in the future.

Also, when looking at the register page in researching the privacy policy implications, i notice that there is a tick box you are required to click(red *) saying you agree to the forum rules, but there isn't actually a link to the forum rules you're agreeing to. I know each board generally has its own rules, but there should be some forum rules stickied(or made a static page for) somewhere in the forums that the registration page could link to."

Done. Well, sort of...still got to make that Forum Rules page. I'll get to it when I can.

5) "The user profile shows the date that you joined, but it doesn't show the year. year would be awesome for knowing how long someone has been a member."

Done.

6) "Finally, when it shows your status(like Member or Patron) on the user profile, there's a colon after the word like (Member: or Patron:) i understand that this colon is used for the Admin's like Admin: Game Development. perhaps the colon could be added in the descriptor variable instead of static. just a cosmetic issue, really."

Done.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 25th 2010, 7:17:43

that was quick. thanks =)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 25th 2010, 7:28:05

o yea.. the userlist change is great! so much more usable and provides good information. good work!
-iZarcon
EE Developer

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 25th 2010, 13:32:29

When clicking on someone's name in online users or in a board listing, it takes you to the send mail page, but when you click on their name in a post or in the user list, it goes to their profile. Not sure if that is the desired effect.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 25th 2010, 13:36:16

also, your yellow smiley shows you as online, but there are 2 hidden users in the online list and u aren't listed.
-iZarcon
EE Developer