Verified:

Hardy Game profile

May 27th 2020, 17:30:25

As some of you may of seen, a country on Alliance server joined vacation mode during a CM rush on it. This has forced several countries to have a war dec on this country.

When a country goes into vacation mode, it should be permitted to declare peace as it can be used as an exploit to the game, IMO.

Cheers

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2020, 11:59:53

So a country was in GDI and went into vacation mode and people had declared and you wanted them to be able to drop the war dec yeah?

I guess it depends but given that they will be kicked from vacation before peace can be declared..

Hardy Game profile

May 28th 2020, 12:56:30

Sure.

This war started right near the 14 day cut-off.

Exploit if it wasn't so close to 14 day cut off, yeah ?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 28th 2020, 19:31:14

There are so many exploits in this game if you call this an exploit. I would agree only that the mechanism could function better.

I'd say dropping land to raise spals is an exploit that is used far more these days than the vacation exploit. It is clearly overpowered because everyone is doing it. There is even a built in mechanic in the game to prevent it but since circa 2014 that mechanism is too weak so it doesn't prevent it at all. In this case its a legit issue that the devs have identified and tried but failed to solve. And not only that it is actively exploited every reset by many. In the case of the vacationers this happens once every few sets.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 28th 2020, 19:37:32

If anything it adds flair to an otherwise very binary war game. Its CM kills and CD/GS-kills, but now 'Someone did something different, thats so unfair!'.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2020, 22:34:19

I encouraged and support that game play; its funny AF and this is a game!

CM FS kills are lame, especially in an end of set war where you've been stacking them up for thousands of turns.

I'd rather see missiles nerfed first.

Hardy Game profile

May 29th 2020, 2:05:26

Originally posted by Gerdler:
If anything it adds flair to an otherwise very binary war game. Its CM kills and CD/GS-kills, but now 'Someone did something different, thats so unfair!'.

I never claimed it was unfair, I merely stated it could be exploited.

Spying out countries in same clan, AB at the end of the reset are other examples I find poopy but i am glad we engaged in dialogue and agree that other aspects could be looked at before this :)

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 29th 2020, 2:14:40

yeah i agree its a bit sneeky, but at this point if someone wants to use that to their advantage i think they should be allowed until we decide to stop it from happening..

Brigg Game profile

May 29th 2020, 10:00:45

Or make it so where you can't enter vacation mode if your country is under attack.

Just another angle.
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

The_Hawk

May 29th 2020, 10:42:06

To fix the spy one mods can nerf dropping land. That might go over well with some netters.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 29th 2020, 15:01:04

That attitude is amazingly persistent despite it being based so totally on lies... I am a netter and I think the land dropping oil destock, WHILE COMPLETELY fluffING NECESSARY (in some shape), ruins the best part of the game, which is the art of destocking, in those servers which it is mainstream in. I am not alone in this.
Who are these netters who can only oil destock? It was invented by people who dominated netting before the oil destocking, and many of those who use it in 1a or team have won primary, Tournament and express without it as well.

You can't have a functional market with only oil destockers, and you cant have a functional market without oil burning of some sort.

I have already given two very good ways to nerf oil destocking which you can look up on your own. Yes that is right, a netter suggesting a nerf to netting (and other netters agreeing).

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 29th 2020, 18:14:37

The current meta is good for lazy people though!

It is still possible to get over 1b NW without oil destock one country did it, although I think he took advantage of high oil prices to do so.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 29th 2020, 18:35:32

Thats why my propositions both still include the possibility of oil destocking, just not being as effective. If two different modes of destocking can compete on decently equal terms and the market decides which is better it would be ideal, yes?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2020, 1:22:42

For sure give more variance to the game and more opportunities to make choices.

Chevs

Jun 3rd 2020, 17:31:49

Nerf FFO

nerf CD

Buff SDI

Don’t schedule FS 0.5 days before the 14 day cutoff and then it’s more of a risk/reward to use the original mechanic, I don’t see anything wrong with it
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 3rd 2020, 18:12:45

I agree with all of that.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2020, 19:05:40

I particularly like the buff SDI part!