Verified:

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 21:37:21

I just noticed, while doing some repetitive BR attacks, that using the back-button via keyboard shortcut in my browser, the page with the "send attack" button does no longer have focus on that button, meaning I cannot just hit return/enter/space to launch the attack, but I have to click the button with my mouse.

Does anybody have any idea what caused this too break down - it used to work fine before the design changes :(

I'm running firefox 3.6.6 on ubuntu 10.04.
La Cosa Nostra

malykii Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 22:06:32

i would like to know if there is a way to make that work too. i run the exact same setup as you OS and browser, and can't speed hit for the life of me anymore. it is all about how fast i can go back and click on send attack now.

i know this is something minimal for the admins, but maybe some other players can chime in for this.
fear the turtles.

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 22:10:25

I'm not sure if it's browser/os related, but I'll give it a try on XP/IE8 tomorrow at work, and see if it works there.

Of course, other more fancy pancy players may have created sort of speed hit scripts (I suppose), so they may not see it as a problem, that us noobs can't hit as fast manually...
La Cosa Nostra

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2010, 23:09:51

F5+enter should always work.

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 23:52:34

ah, clever and better for fast hitting - thanks for that tip.

However, it doesn't change the fact, that going back in the browser, the game have forgotten where my cursor was on that previous page.

After doing say 4 hits, I may want to go back twice, to the attack screen, and send a lower number of jets. In the old days, the cursor would be ready in the jet field, so I could easily type in a new number, hit enter and send new attacks.

It's the same on a number of other pages as well, Building, spy ops, etc.

it just used to be there, now we've gotten the hang of it.. :(
La Cosa Nostra

llaar Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 3:48:20

always has worked in IE for me

when i used FF the one day that attacking news was broken for IE couple days ago, i noticed FF didnt have the attack selected when i hit back... that really sucked...

Forgotten1

Jul 21st 2010, 7:23:55

What's even faster is clicking the send button really fast many times, before it loads.

Downloading things always helps if you have a fast internet connection.

Spam click would send out the signals, but the receiving end is too busy while you download that it won't load the page as fast, but the attacking command will be sent.

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

snawdog Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 12:21:20

I could never get the spam click to work in FF,only IE
ICQ 364553524
msn

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2010, 12:25:47

spam click works fine for me in all browsers.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

mrford Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 15:28:49

I remember in the old game, some who spam clicked sent more attacks than turns they had

I was like, how the fluff did you send 32 hits as a tyr without regaining ready? WTF?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

snawdog Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 15:56:24

Originally posted by mrford:
I remember in the old game, some who spam clicked sent more attacks than turns they had

I was like, how the fluff did you send 32 hits as a tyr without regaining ready? WTF?

yea, i have ran readiness to either 2% or 3%..before spam clicking as a tyr
ICQ 364553524
msn

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2010, 19:32:32

i managed to get 0% readiness back in january !

wonder how someone killed me shortly afterwards >.>
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================