Verified:

morwen Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 19:53:06

in alliance...

Your nuclear missile attack on *lame country name* (#X) was stopped by *lame country name* (#X)'s defenses!

it's kind of unnecessary to have it display the country name twice, whose other defenses could possibly be stopping a missile for it? just a thought.

Also, those new columns are all nice and fancy but while walling I personally felt they were a little confusing. Attacks, where land gains are of the most interest, for me anyway, are done in the same format, which is nice but this way the land gain doesn't exactly stick out.

I'd love to see preferences to change to old or modern view, but I can understand if that would be a lot of work etc... so can you at least think of a way to make the attacks look a bit more logical again? Dunno, if I'm the only one, never-mind me, but it might look nicer if the gains (or losses) were listed on top of the military losses.... Or something.

Also, posting attacks takes up quite some space now, compared to how it used to be. Change for the sake of change is never good change, and to me, shorter is better, I also think this might look more confusing to nublets than what we had before. Besides its just really makes the game all numbers and even less roleplaying, it's all turning into tables and lists, not so much the "I click a button and my country attacks"-idea.

Your forces invaded *lame country name* (#X)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
They took:
X Acres (X Gained)
X Buildings (X Destroyed)
X Bushels
$X
X Technology Points

Your military lost:
X Troops
X Jets

Your enemy lost:
X Troops
X Turrets

I know it's quite a rant, I don't have a big problem with it at all, but I just felt like sharing how I feel it looks. Kudo's to the new background and front page though, very nice!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 20:05:22

lol... i didn't even notice that

i can stack them however you want, but in the interest of saving vertical space i put them side by side.....

Hmm I liked the idea of tabular simply because i never read through the endless string of numbers and words.... and this way i can more quickly see what actually happened.
Finally did the signature thing.

morwen Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 20:13:06

no one did, because we all knew where to look to find what we wanted to know. I know vertical space is valuable, that's why the sentence structure actually saved space, lol.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 20:16:20

yea, the sentence structure was unfortunately complicated.... but if it's something that's in demand, i could whip something up (with a preference option) a little bit more simply now i think....
Finally did the signature thing.