Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 23rd 2024, 23:39:16

Change set #25 primarily makes quality of life improvements. These changes will be released on the standard roll out schedule. Change set #24 was deliberately skipped.

New Advanced Ingame Search:
* 28 different search parameters
* Pulls in data from saved spy ops
* Saves the parameters from the last search and uses those values as the defaults for the next search
* Displays up to 100 results in the specified sort order
* Players can click on a country name in the search results to easily attack it
* Players can click on the defense total in the search results to view the saved spy op

Bonus Systems:
* A country will be awarded 7 turns, 20 acres, and bonus points the first time a player logs into it per day. This replaces the 12 hour bonus, 18 hour bonus, and other similar systems.
* The switching government penalty will not be applied to previous bonus points purchases.
* A new bonus option to reduce earthquake damage will be available. This is a single purchase similar to free GDI.

Spy Operations:
* The regular spy operation will show the target's information in the two-column new advisor format. This means that tech percentages will be available in the op.
* A calculated value for the target's standard strike defense will be included in the spy op in the "Calc SS Def In Turrets" field. This will not include defensive allies but will include all other elements for defensive power. It does not factor in offensive modifiers for the country that is viewing the spy op.
* Saved spy ops should now perfectly match the information seen in the original op.
* Players will be able to see all spy ops done by their clan members, but ops are associated with clans now. That means that saved spy ops will be lost upon changing clans.
* Players cannot manually save spy ops but they are no longer automatically deleted after 72 hours.

Miscellaneous Balance Changes:
* The maximum standard benefit of medical tech is 50% instead of 66.6%.
* Military expenses per unit no longer change based on networth.
* The "restart bonus" is no longer available on non-clan servers.
* Earthquakes destroy fewer research labs than other non-cs buildings.
* On clan servers, countries with significantly fewer labs than their research allies will only receive 40% of the maximum ally benefit.
* NPC countries on the FFA server will change to the newer "Express" style and there will be about 3.5 NPC countries created per player country. This will result in fewer NPC countries than the current fixed amount of 2000. It is likely that we'll implement this change during the final few days of the current FFA round that ends on June 11, 2024.

New Standing Order Algorithm:
Standing orders are split between buyers to try to distribute goods evenly instead of prioritizing whoever submitted the order first. One example scenario:

Country 1 is a democracy with $20 M cash and a standing order for 1 million oil up a price of $103.
Country 2 has $1 B cash and 3 standing orders for 1 million oil up a price of $102.
1 million oil arrives on the market with a price of $100.

Behavior prior to change set 25: Oil is allocated based on timing of the creation of the standing orders. It is possible that country 2 would buy all of the oil and country 1 would get none of it.

Behavior after change set 25: Oil is evenly divided among orders when possible. Round 1 of buying:

Country 1 order 1 can buy up to 250k oil. It buys 200k oil and runs out of money.
Country 2 order 1 can buy up to 250k oil. It buys 250k oil.
Country 2 order 2 can buy up to 250k oil. It buys 250k oil.
Country 2 order 3 can buy up to 250k oil. It buys 250k oil.

Round 2 of buying:

Country 2 order 1 can buy up to 16667 oil. It buys 16667 oil.
Country 2 order 2 can buy up to 16667 oil. It buys 16667 oil.
Country 2 order 3 can buy up to 16666 oil. It buys 16666 oil.

"Standard roll out schedule" means that changes will be applied to servers as they reset. For this change set, the changes will first go live on the next round of each server that begins on or after June 1, 2024.

Thank you for playing Earth Empires. Questions, constructive criticism, and feedback made in good faith are welcome.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 27th 2024, 4:13:18
See Original Post

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2024, 1:52:40

Some pretty cool things in here, thanks for the continued effort. The non-penalty of bonuses for govt change will allow for a bit more creativity.

Will military expenses be fairly similar to the most recent change set at low acres?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 24th 2024, 18:48:30

Originally posted by Tertius:
Some pretty cool things in here, thanks for the continued effort. The non-penalty of bonuses for govt change will allow for a bit more creativity.

Will military expenses be fairly similar to the most recent change set at low acres?

The previous formula was =36/(24+ln(NW+100,000)). The new formula is =1. There's about a 10% change at the most common networths that players run their turns at.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2024, 19:16:00

The change to standing order algorithm was always included but I forgot to mention it in the initial announcement.

tazbot Game profile

May 27th 2024, 2:12:23

I love the spy operations updates, thank you!

TroyTiger Game profile

Jun 16th 2024, 14:31:03

I do not like this.... :-(

"* On clan servers, countries with significantly fewer labs than their research allies will only receive 40% of the maximum ally benefit."

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 0:35:23

perhaps its been around a bit, but I havent seen it before this set, what is the eq bonus lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 0:37:38

nm the ingame help was actually helpful :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Rasp Game profile

Jul 3rd 2024, 13:29:06

* Military expenses per unit no longer change based on networth.

What was this previously? It's hard to tell whether this is a nerf or a buff.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2024, 13:41:25

Looks like a buff to CI to me.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 3rd 2024, 14:06:28

It's a nerf. Military expenses per unit used to drop slightly as networth increased.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2024, 14:13:51

I financially support this game; what do you do?

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2024, 14:37:31

Originally posted by Requiem:
Looks like a buff to CI to me.

Depends on what you consider your baseline. It's a buff as NW goes up compared to a year plus ago, but a nerf overall compared to the last few sets.

Rasp Game profile

Jul 3rd 2024, 17:47:16

you guys are slowly killing commie. lol
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much