Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 0:24:03

I'm going to lay down some feels in a concise message here. I have been in a debate with the mods for a while about homophobic attacks and libel about things I do in my personal life.

I think libelous attacks about my personal life, whether calling me a pedophile and a fag as someone was banned for today, or calling me a rioter for being liberal, are EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE. Per the forum rules, attacking someone's personal life repeatedly is OFFENSIVE and ban-able.

This is a game. You all need to get it together and attack me about the game, attack me about my politics, BUT DO NOT attack me for being a fag. DO NOT attack me for my personal life. DO NOT call me things I am in reality not. And do not reference my personal life if you are incapable of doing so. Stop making up lies about my personal life. And if you are speaking truth, do so in a non-deragatory way. Period.

It seems like someone got banned today because they didnt understand I had been talkjng with the mods to get people to quit calling me a fag in an extremely derogatory and bigoted way. I'm not fluffing ok with it. At all.

Further, actual repeated attacks on my personal life affect my DPD. I have used a 2nd character in my head to deal with the trauma of my best friend dying in a car wreck the same day my father died of cancer while I was raising myself as a 15 year old. Because of repeated attacks on my personality, my trauma center began to have issues again and I had to literally quit this game for 6 months to recenter my actual ass ego. I had to become myself again because the personal attacks became so viscous.

So let's try this again. Attack my countries, attack my politics, attack my name, but please do not attack my personal life in such an extreme way. Thanks.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 30th 2020, 0:30:00
See Original Post

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 0:35:36

++agree;
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

ebert00 Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 0:48:30

you ok man?

breeze Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 0:51:22

I agree as well.

daspheebsie Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 1:06:26

Holy Hera - people need to grow the hell up. This is a game. Leave the personal fluff out of it.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

Brigg Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 1:26:02

Serious question:

Why isn't "fag" filtered to "fluff" like a bunch of other words?
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 30th 2020, 1:52:54

maybe because its not the primary definition
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 2:30:52

Ahhh yeah you right LI, people generally mean "tedious" because people have totally used that word that way since the 1700s. /s Have you ever seen or heard anyone on these forums or in life use that word that way? Where the fluff is Rokkie? He lives in literally the only country that word is used that way, any other english peeps? Do y'all still say "wow, it's too much of a fag to go to the store imma eat chips." 40s British reference LI, well done.

The reason why it doesn't show up first as an informal/offensive term in oxford is because its root, the one with a GOT on the end, is actually the FULL VERSION of this informal/offensive word. So it is a slang abbreviation sense 1 of the noun fag***. Abbreviations and slang come after words in a dictionary.

Dont justify bigotry, its unbecoming of you.

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 2:44:24

Sorry Derrick to hear that you are being attacked in such a manner.

People need to keep RL separate from the game. FFS this is just game and a very old and outdated one if I may say.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 2:44:53

[quote poster=Celphi; 49431; 960524]
++agree;
[/quote]
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Suicidal Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 3:02:43

Derrick, it works both ways. No one wants to see repeated statements about your sex life nor your serious political bickering. Most do it as humor and you do it to stir it up. Stir it too hard and it will splash back on you.

I still recall the story of your sexipades with a female and then you posted her topless photo in a chat room. Had that been MY daughter, you would not be here.

Sounds like you do need therapy and I would suggest you give up this game unless you just need the attention and the feeling of significance. Please stop posting the nudes in EE common chat rooms.

Goofy Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 3:37:15

There's nudes in chat?!?!?!

*runs off to find these chats*

Take care of yourself first Derrick.

iScode Game profile

Sep 30th 2020, 4:40:03

lol

iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 6:05:40

Yeah I dont even know how to field that. Mental health is a serious issue, and I guess I posted about DPD in my intro which would sorta imply that i do actually seek professional guidance on it. Thanks for your completely unwarranted assessment of my mental health tho. Horrible tragedies have weird effects on people.

I do talk about my personal life tho yes. I may even be too friendly in that regard and kind of dont even mind it when someone calls me a fag or a looter in a fun joking manner. It can actually be a fun and enjoyable low-bar to troll around with old friends. There's a pretty vast difference between that and making libelous and disparaging claims about ones personal life, or attacking someone about it. It's like, here and there sui, and lines have been crossed recently that you dont even dare tread on. I say that with the utmost disrespect for some of the bigoted comments I've seen you make. You do actually (I know, shocking if you've never gotten there) have a limit that has absolutely been crossed.

As far as livening up the warchat goes. Idk. My bad. Perhaps the main thing is just knowing your audience not to say something publicly harmful or upsetting.

*doesn't turn this into an extremely successful recruiting post*

The main point is, I'd like everyone to turn their attention back to the game and start disparaging me for being a cheat and a looter with my countries again. That's what we're all here for right?

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 30th 2020, 6:15:38
See Original Post

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 6:18:28

Right on Derrick. Hooda thunk we'd still be dealing with dinosaurs two decades into the 21st century.

and btw phuck tRump and his death cult
👽

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 30th 2020, 11:30:30

Hi Cyref! Hope you doing alright! :)
---

Without writing an essay my take on this is:
1. A slur used once can be forgiven as a slip or whatever, but when it becomes a trend the mods should do something about it.
2. Libel like we saw yesterday on this forum; One and you're done. Ofc. ffs!

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 14:42:54

Derrick and I have not seen eye to eye often.

But I will gladly say, anyone who attacks another person on this forum, for who they are, who they love, for their race, religion, politics etc....I have no respect for.

I didn't see what happened, but as a community, we need to show we've been dealing with these issues for 20+ years online and how to have a positive, community full of differences of thoughts and opinions. UNlike the world around us, that just discovered this world the last few years.

Derrick, Im' sorry for what happened.
Please go stand for yourself and others. And anytime anyone on here attacks you for it, you have an ally.

Regards,

Servant
Z is #1

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 15:47:25

Who's libel?

/confused
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 18:45:07

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Without writing an essay

Man you better be careful you might just totally redeem yourself!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 30th 2020, 19:40:18

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Ahhh yeah you right LI, people generally mean "tedious" because people have totally used that word that way since the 1700s. /s Have you ever seen or heard anyone on these forums or in life use that word that way? Where the fluff is Rokkie? He lives in literally the only country that word is used that way, any other english peeps? Do y'all still say "wow, it's too much of a fag to go to the store imma eat chips." 40s British reference LI, well done.

The reason why it doesn't show up first as an informal/offensive term in oxford is because its root, the one with a GOT on the end, is actually the FULL VERSION of this informal/offensive word. So it is a slang abbreviation sense 1 of the noun fag***. Abbreviations and slang come after words in a dictionary.

Dont justify bigotry, its unbecoming of you.

I dunno man, I don't think its that far off for a foreigner to think other countries might still use fag as any other way in its primary definition. Thongs are flip flops in Australia for petes sake.

Also, you are too easy to troll.... it wasn't supposed to be taken as a serious answer to Brigg
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

En4cer Game profile

Oct 1st 2020, 3:17:22

Fag in Australia is a cigarette.... and you fart punchers :)

But seriously Derrick I stand with you 100% on this one.

and again on a less serious note: How do I get my wife to let me hit that sweet little chocolate starfish ??

iScode Game profile

Oct 1st 2020, 4:01:20

I thought Fag meant a person who annoyed you now, South park did a whole episode on it.

Homosexuals no longer have the right to claim Fag as their insult...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 1st 2020, 4:24:53

Let's stop dancing around the obvious and remember the rule to not personally attack players, especially with insults clearly intended to be vulgar, is not ok. Debating language and word origins are nitpick semantics to be purposefully obtuse.