Verified:

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 13th 2010, 10:28:26

was started by members of LaF(maybe evo too :o/) and i realise that it has no bearing now that LaF/Evo run EE but i just want to discuss it =)

i was bored, so i decided to read some of LaF's history posted on their website. from this section:

[quote poster=http://www.lafamiglia.org/]LaF had some controversies regarding to them this reset, one was the delay of our assistant to our ally MD, the second was the Gaurdian program, which was a program which an LaF all-jetter would go and grab an alliance and our netgainers would farm him off (which kinda pissed ppl off heh). [/quote]

it seems that LaF wouldn't be the alliance it is today if they hadn't resorted to "suicide" themselves at a very early stage in their alliance. we in iMag didn't exactly call ours the "guardian program" but we did something of the same near the beginning of our alliance.

reading that, and thinking about other big clans still around. I say that there is a very real place for "suicide" as we call it in Earth Empires. why spend so much time and effort trying to rid the game of it?

discuss =)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

SolidSnake Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 10:37:06

discuss your inability to distinguish between two stepping and suiciding? really?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 13th 2010, 10:51:24

meh.. that's just merely choice of words. taking what you can and getting rid of it..

come on.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 12:14:22

*Someone* needs to update their public history...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

torment Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 13:01:38

hlw was always a hopelessly lost wanker...

once he got lost there was no one to keep writing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 13th 2010, 14:51:54

two-stepping != suiciding

2004 != 2010

oh, and Earth:2025 != EE :p

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 15:07:59

BUT

Pangaea = Pang = LaF leader = 1 != .999...

ZING!

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 15:39:00

I know I am on the wrong board, but two-stepping == suiciding in FFA :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 15:42:24

...in which two-stepping often results in death.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 15:44:55

Suiciding is a complete misnomer.

Jelly

Sep 13th 2010, 17:44:06

So some history that was written by someone who doesn't even play now, is being used to target LaF?

*Goes look in AT archive for Mickster posts*

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 13th 2010, 17:52:23

posts?
pfft
drunk chat logs are better
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 13th 2010, 18:22:33

I have no problem with "suiciding" if it doesn't involve "Land leaving the game"

Because as long as the acres are there, there will be some available form of recourse for the "suicided"
Finally did the signature thing.

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 19:34:47

Originally posted by qzjul:
I have no problem with "suiciding" if it doesn't involve "Land leaving the game"

Because as long as the acres are there, there will be some available form of recourse for the "suicided"

Speaking of that issue: http://forums.earthempires.com/...ggestion-re-dropped-acres

-Foglmog
Guy with no clue.

ponderer Game profile

Sep 13th 2010, 21:17:53

As I recall, the problem with the guardians was the no-landgrab policy far more than the two-stepping on retals. Well that, and RoCK was looking for a reason to attack LaF.

Edited By: ponderer on Sep 13th 2010, 21:24:18
See Original Post
m0m0rific

gwagers Game profile

Sep 14th 2010, 23:19:52

Originally posted by Pang:
two-stepping != suiciding

2004 != 2010

oh, and Earth:2025 != EE :p

While I'm too new to really have any insight into the policies being discussed, and I agree that changing times (and more importantly, changing circumstances) require a change in etiquette or gaming attitude, I would like to ask Pang why he says that this game isn't another (or rather, doesn't equal) 2025 if 1) it's the same game in everything but name and superficial regulation changes and 2) it's full of people that came from 2025 and, as far as I can tell, play the game the same way I remember them playing from my 2025 sets. To say that this is a different game is, in my opinion, like saying that Obama is president of a different country than Bush was, considering that the real difference between the two games is simply administrative involvement.

Serious question: Why should we view this game so much differently than 2025?
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 15th 2010, 2:27:14

It's not just administrative changes, it's the actual changes we've made to the game mechanics, playing experience and interaction with the player community. I can't really point to one thing that makes the games different because we've just done so much differently as we've undertaken the task of creating the game.

Administration is an important part that differentiates us in this kind of genre, but it's more about our style of administration not so much that we run a similar game. :p

No one ever comes to me and says "wow, I love how accurate this is compared to Earth 2025!" but lots of folks say "I love the changes." Some also hate the changes as well :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 15th 2010, 2:40:42

mmm also we have half as many people in Alliance as E2025 did when it finished, and it had many times more than that in the past when many of these things were set... i'm sure we'll have to tweak things if we do get back to 10k countries...

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 15th 2010, 5:49:28

I didnt read anything here, but ill start a new petition, the pro-suicider petition.

gwagers Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 8:51:33

I understand that we have fewer players (as I said, changing circumstances), but those kinds of changes would have been necessary if we were still playing in 2025 with these circumstances, as well. I mean to say that the game itself isn't any different, just the circumstances we find ourselves in; if it were 2025, we'd still have to change our playing style to fit the situation we're in.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 15th 2010, 12:30:07

ah, so from a purely philosophical pov? E2025 != EE because um copyright? yes that's it ;)

more seriously though, the formulae are as close as we could get them, which is i'd say 99% accurate for 95% of formulae... but the game has diverged quite a bit since then.

1 - we have actual active moderation with decent mod tools
2 - unified accounts make people more... hehe accountable ;)
3 - we're doing our best to reverse the decreasing player base trend and grow the game; so far we've halted the decrease -- and even have new accounts -- but haven't gotten it really ramping up yet; this I think is one of the biggest things, the fact that our emphasis is on trying to make the game more friendly to players, especially new players, as we'd ideally have more new players than old players in the not too distant future...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 15th 2010, 15:13:51

I can't speak for all players, but I play EE very differently than I played E2025 both in terms of fighting and netting.

I use different strategies for each... if I was to go over to Mars2025 or something, it would be very foreign :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 15th 2010, 15:48:00

and most importantly fluff has it's own colour on these boards:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

gwagers Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:59:29

The all-important fluff. So much for everything I've just said.