Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 18:43:36

The only way you *fix* suiciding is to prevent self deleting and prevent land-dropping after ANY attacks, not just SS/PS. It's impossible to prevent suiciding.

I also believe suiciding is an important balance to the game. Not in the way as acting as a 6th clan member but as a way that a single player has some power against a larger body.

If you have a suicide issue then likely your PR with the players of that server has failed. Part of this game is diplomacy.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 18th 2015, 18:46:18
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Vamps Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 19:12:10

Force untagged players to tag up. At least then the suiciders can be easily controlled and killed.

...Though I know you will be against this since you enjoy being part of the problem, as opposed to coming up with solutions.

Dreckon Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 19:15:44

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 19:26:37

You were silent two sets ago with the blatant rule violations of 2clans v1. Now you're suddenly an advocate for rule enforcement.

I'm merely playing with their rules.

I'm not opposed to requiring all countries to tag up-- but that still doesn't stop one tag from suiciding, self-deletes, then another tag does same thing., deletes...

All your suggestion does is help prevent more than >2 clans vs 1 simultaneously---which actually addresses the very issue that I've been complaining about. But even-- that's still requires an active mod.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 18th 2015, 19:31:24

Vamps Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 19:34:28

2 sets ago there was an issue with 2 vs 1 and the offenders were promptly deleted. I'm a little confused why you are still fluffing about it...

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 19:43:12

Not a single post condemning their actions during that entire ordeal, but yet you discuss my actions on multiple threads as the destroyer of the server. I don't take you seriously because you don't call out all violations across the board.

Selfie

Aug 18th 2015, 19:44:06

Originally posted by Vamps:
2 sets ago there was an issue with 2 vs 1 and the offenders were promptly deleted. I'm a little confused why you are still fluffing about it...

Because he is an attention whoring fluff.

Vamps Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 19:57:39

I've always been against suiciding, that's why I take a stance against your actions. That's why I'm in a tag with like minded individuals who kill suiciders every set.

It's also ironic to see you talk about diplomacy when you had 3 tags (mine not included) knocking at your door last set because of the pompous (and often incorrect) statements you make on these boards.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 20:21:02

Yup-- 3 were knocking & 1 fell.

Vamps Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 20:48:37

That's funny, I see all 3 of those tags still here. Yours isn't.

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2015, 2:47:01

I absolutely can't stand the bots in their current iteration. In fact, I was happy when I found out that the bots didn't restart on FFA right when I decided to jump back into that server solo. If I am playing and you hit me, I reserve the right to do every fluffing thing I can to ruin you, even when I know it will be an ineffective, or even unsatisfying use of turns, for no other reason than you hit me when I'd had a bad day, or even no reason at all.

(EDIT: I want to clarify that I very rarely react like this anywhere except express on non-GDI countries or countries that have broken GDI on me, and I don't advocate it. I merely think that the little guy has a right to defend himself just as the big guy has the right to target helpless smaller countries for their own gain.)

I'm certain I'm not the only one who feels this way, so the fact that 0% of the bots will ever retal even a single hit makes this feel like a complete farce. I'm currently tasked with hitting bots as part of a strat since it's actually so easy to do, particularly because of their lack of allies and because there is absolutely zero risk involved.

It's literally as if you added a form on the explore page (similar to the private market with oil) that allows you to spend jets and oil on increasing your explored acres per turn (probably with some kind of exponential decay).

Honestly, frustration with the dominance of bot grabbing on 1a was probably the last straw when I stopped playing in January (though not by any means the main reason), and I am already feeling incredibly demotivated due to this. PLEASE don't bring the bots to this server. Though I guess if you ask me, I'd honestly prefer the bots gone for good until they retal, like, AT ALL.

TL;DR: Until you can dedicate at LEAST dozens, if not a couple hundred hours of someone's time to develop something more than pre-alpha code... Take the bots and shove them up your ass.

Edited By: Zorp on Aug 22nd 2015, 4:03:17. Reason: kneads MOOOOAAAAAARRRRR CLARIFYINGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
See Original Post

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2015, 16:31:03

=/

Well, it's easier to tweak them and dev them in a real environment, tbh; but I'll get there; right now they're almost inconsequential in alliance imho; Express they add a decent amount of land; and FFA they're significant.

I'll see what I can do soon though, I'm starting to feel motivated to get back into working on the API again.
Finally did the signature thing.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2015, 21:50:17

Well Zorp, you will be happy to know that we are working on bots which have more human like responses like retaling and farming back etc..

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 2:23:51

Originally posted by Bug:
Well Zorp, you will be happy to know that we are working on bots which have more human like responses like retaling and farming back etc..

What's their ETA like?

Edited By: Nerrus on Aug 26th 2015, 2:30:26
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

archaic Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 2:44:08

OK, lets look at last set. The set before, xBaDx topfed me late in the set, then killed me after I attempted a 2:1 L:L (which fell hilariously short). During the same set, celphi doxxed me for who knows why.

So,

I let Zorp have my spot in weedylar and I played untagged, ran a solid enough commmie that nobody grabbed me. As D-Day approached, I messaged celphi's spam clan (Rybka) that there would soon be land available. Then I suicided on xBadx and told them that I had been 'paid' to soften them up for another tag. It was utter BS, but it worked perfectly - especially after Rybka 2-stepped me.

I continued to hit xbadx for several days and continued to feed them false info about some silly conspiracy. My commie was so big that at this point xbadx could no longer defend themselves from me (yes, I was solo pwning their entire tag). Finally, Villianz stepped in and killed me.

Shortly thereafter, predictably, xBadx and Rybka end up at war late in the set. Both of them fared badly, xbadx lost ugly and Rybka fell apart. Celphi and xBaDx both came out looking like fluff, I had a good time and I did not have to drag any clan-mates into it. Actions had consequences, order was restored. Guys like me generally find a way to have fun.

When we try to plug in new rules, we don't expand the game, we shrink it. Don't make people tag up, don't add bots, don't keep trying to enforce 5v5 spirit rules, open Team server back up. If it reverts to multi-set coalitions, kill it. Seems pretty simple.

Sadly, I lost my spot in weedy and have to hide my stas again.

:'(
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dissident Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 3:08:43

Its encouraging to know that two people have already committed to being suiciders for next set. Bravo...

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2015, 3:35:09

There's more than two. From what I've heard, Villianz will be targeted next set too.

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 3:38:30

rybka did not fall apart... me likes suiciding Axis of Evil aka The Elders and company :P
^..^ Surren ^..^

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2015, 3:40:36

It makes them feel better, Nerrus. They're just mad they can't attack us with suiciders & with 4 different clans.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 3:44:00

you asshats could have invited me to the party >.>
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 4:02:31

Edited By: Nerrus on Aug 26th 2015, 4:22:26
^..^ Surren ^..^

Dissident Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 4:39:45

Make that three suiciders.

I guess yall were never part of the culture of this game so you dont really know the dishonour you bring on yourselves.

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 4:45:37

Originally posted by Dissident:
Make that three suiciders.

I guess yall were never part of the culture of this game so you dont really know the dishonour you bring on yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Edited By: Nerrus on Aug 26th 2015, 5:26:32
^..^ Surren ^..^

Link Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 6:00:49

rybka absolutely fell apart LOL was a sad excuse for a tag in the first place and we all KNOW celphie cannot maintain a real team here.

bots are fluff.. the new rules have fluffed us... working together is fun in moderation.. fluff these clowns.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 9:06:12

Originally posted by archaic:
OK, lets look at last set. The set before, xBaDx topfed me late in the set, then killed me after I attempted a 2:1 L:L (which fell hilariously short). During the same set, celphi doxxed me for who knows why.

So,

I let Zorp have my spot in weedylar and I played untagged, ran a solid enough commmie that nobody grabbed me. As D-Day approached, I messaged celphi's spam clan (Rybka) that there would soon be land available. Then I suicided on xBadx and told them that I had been 'paid' to soften them up for another tag. It was utter BS, but it worked perfectly - especially after Rybka 2-stepped me.

I continued to hit xbadx for several days and continued to feed them false info about some silly conspiracy. My commie was so big that at this point xbadx could no longer defend themselves from me (yes, I was solo pwning their entire tag). Finally, Villianz stepped in and killed me.

Shortly thereafter, predictably, xBadx and Rybka end up at war late in the set. Both of them fared badly, xbadx lost ugly and Rybka fell apart. Celphi and xBaDx both came out looking like fluff, I had a good time and I did not have to drag any clan-mates into it. Actions had consequences, order was restored. Guys like me generally find a way to have fun.

When we try to plug in new rules, we don't expand the game, we shrink it. Don't make people tag up, don't add bots, don't keep trying to enforce 5v5 spirit rules, open Team server back up. If it reverts to multi-set coalitions, kill it. Seems pretty simple.

Never realized how gullible xBadDx and their friends are... lol.
^..^ Surren ^..^

Dissident Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 4:05:32

who is nerrus again?

Dissident Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 4:08:01

Originally posted by Nerrus:

So,

k bud... if you wanna blow smoke go have a dart.

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 6:44:36

So,

Well you and your allies did accuse rybka of colluding and/or conspiring with the untags... which has been proven false over and over again.

Anyway I am not sure about my rybka mates, but I'll forgive you and your partners for wronging me.

And if I have wronged you and your allies, then I am truly sorry as well.
^..^ Surren ^..^

Dissident Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 18:28:08

Who is rybka? I dont see that tag anywhere here.

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 29th 2015, 7:28:49

Dissy-pooh, you're going ditzy daisy again :(
^..^ Surren ^..^

Dissident Game profile

Aug 29th 2015, 10:35:07

Well? I just changed the team list. Rybka aint on the list. One set wonder i guess

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 31st 2015, 7:41:38

So,

Well you and your allies did accuse rybka of colluding and/or conspiring with the untags... which has been proven false over and over again.

Anyway I am not sure about my rybka mates, but I'll forgive you and your partners for wronging me.

And if I have wronged you and your allies, then I am truly sorry as well.
Who is rybka? I dont see that tag anywhere here.
Dissy-pooh, you're going ditzy daisy again :(
Well? I just changed the team list. Rybka aint on the list. One set wonder i guess

http://m.earthempires.com/...er-problem-37354/2#679997

Gutless deflector... lolz.

Edited By: Nerrus on Aug 31st 2015, 7:56:12
^..^ Surren ^..^