Verified:

Academus Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 15:17:18

well played sov

MauricXe Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 13:53:22

SoF's DICT/spy strategy was excellent. imo, their countries were better prepared for war and they had more than enough stock and breaking power to win. So what happened?

Relatively poor activity and poor walling was the cause. Half of SoF didn't show up to the FS and activity was spotty in most chats.

I have never seen so much bad luck wrt walling from our best wallers. It also didn't help that the sms bot went wonky.

MD/SoL were more active than SoF and that led them to victory (and the member advantage didn't hurt either).

On one hand, you have higher production. This allows you to buy and sustain more troops but lower SPAL. On the other, you have larger stock, higher SPAL, and better tech percentages but replenishing resources can be a problem if not managed properly. Which is better? At the end of the day, all that matters is IF you can break. Both sides were able to break the opposing countries (without massive lemmings). It came down to activity and walling. SoF ran out of steam when their originals were knocked off and it worsened when their activity began to dropped off a cliff.

Edited By: MauricXe on Aug 14th 2016, 17:35:08

mdevol Game profile

Aug 15th 2016, 16:30:55

Originally posted by MauricXe:
SoF's DICT/spy strategy was excellent. imo, their countries were better prepared for war and they had more than enough stock and breaking power to win. So what happened?

Relatively poor activity and poor walling was the cause. Half of SoF didn't show up to the FS and activity was spotty in most chats.

I have never seen so much bad luck wrt walling from our best wallers. It also didn't help that the sms bot went wonky.

MD/SoL were more active than SoF and that led them to victory (and the member advantage didn't hurt either).

On one hand, you have higher production. This allows you to buy and sustain more troops but lower SPAL. On the other, you have larger stock, higher SPAL, and better tech percentages but replenishing resources can be a problem if not managed properly. Which is better? At the end of the day, all that matters is IF you can break. Both sides were able to break the opposing countries (without massive lemmings). It came down to activity and walling. SoF ran out of steam when their originals were knocked off and it worsened when their activity began to dropped off a cliff.

the dict/spy strat is what eventually did them in. at the beginning of the war when they were running 14-15k countries it was sustainable, we strategically planned to knock every SoF country to 8.5k land or lower to kill thier production and make it unsustanable to turn it into a war of attrition. once the stock was blown only 1 side was still able to grow instead of tread water. i think it was like day 5 of the war SoF didnt have a single country over 10k land until a restart hit it for a couple hours near the end of the war. warrior got close a few times but then was nuked back to 8k

doesnt matter your govt, when you are holding 3-4m troops/turrets and 2m spies you cant afford to continue breaking/mid hitting with only 8k land
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Thore Game profile

Aug 15th 2016, 17:14:49

mdevol you seem awfully over confident in your tactics, we'd be happy to 1v1 you - or have you forgotten the 3 sets prior to your "overwhelmingly strategical" win?
Sof.earthgraphs.com

Kat Game profile

Aug 15th 2016, 21:07:26

Originally posted by mdevol:
doesnt matter your govt, when you are holding 3-4m troops/turrets and 2m spies you cant afford to continue breaking/mid hitting with only 8k land

Originally posted by Thore:
mdevol you seem awfully over confident in your tactics, we'd be happy to 1v1 you - or have you forgotten the 3 sets prior to your "overwhelmingly strategical" win?

The confidence level does not diminish the fact that he's right. That many expenses are unsustainable on less than 10k acres. The country simply isn't producing enough.

Xintros Game profile

Aug 16th 2016, 4:37:12

Originally posted by Kat:
Originally posted by mdevol:

Originally posted by Thore:

The confidence level does not diminish the fact that he's right. That many expenses are unsustainable on less than 10k acres. The country simply isn't producing enough.

Hi Kat and our MD/SoL rivals and compadres,

I and other SoF'ers have already given you kudo's for the win. I understand we were out numbered and outplayed. I noticed many of your countries emulated us as far as spal was concerned this reset (which I consider a complement). It is a new era in the game when 35 second kills are considered too long.
I have fought many times in SoF and can tell you unequivocally last resets war was our worst performance and most lackluster activity I've personally seen.
Our countries would have been "sustainable" if we had been more active, organized, walled better, etc.
Believe it or not, one man can make a difference. Our leadership had to step up due to the absence many times of the best WCL in the game. They did a great job, but had big shoes to fill.
We relied on leaders (and members, even newley back to the game) leading chats. They got us some great kills and kept us close to you in the tag kill race.
I apologize for not giving you a better run for your money. It was at times chaotic, senseless and laughable in our war room. But when we did pull ourselves together for a successful crucial kill, we were ecstatic, not because we got the kill, but because we got the kill with the limited turns and braking power in the room at that moment (again, lack of activity).
Bottom line, is you were online more to wall, so died less than we wanted. You had more originals, ergo we killed more originals before you did. No one can say our country strategy being dict/spy strategy "did us in". All we needed was more active members as we have had in past wars (including myself).

Congratulations once again on a war well fought. You beat us fair and square due to better ACTIVITY, more striking turns and a crucial leader of SoF who was able to wall you to the end, but was unavailable to lead for much of the war.
I have thanked the Leaders and Members who stepped up privately, but would now like to thank them publicly.
They know who you are.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

OrderofBleh Game profile

Aug 16th 2016, 23:04:10

i was close to 10k an awful lot as well.... but i made due and was able to keep my country at a mid break and keep a lot of spies as well... It did suck to be a nuke target 4 hours after you get your target land again lol..

Good War guys...lets do it again some time when i dont get screwed out of walling on my original or there would have been two to kill at the end lol

Suicidal Game profile

Aug 16th 2016, 23:26:59

bonus

MauricXe Game profile

Aug 17th 2016, 15:06:31

Xin and Thore hit most of it with their replies.

Speaking from experience, expenses and replenishing resources (after breaking and high midbreaking) wasn't an issue. Breaking ANY of SoL/MD's country wasn't an issue (hello superior SPAL and DICT bonuses). I'm not going to explain how/why SoF's country makeup is sufficient...I'll just point to Thore's post and urge you to PM Xyle to explain the fine points of how it's done.

The problem was low turnout, slower KRs because of lower turnout, and bad walling. It's not often SoF has a lackluster FS. That alone shows you had bad it was.

Edited By: MauricXe on Aug 17th 2016, 15:14:36

justtaint

Aug 21st 2016, 5:18:34

Either way, no matter the reason, no matter the tactics, it was a fun war.
SlashMD

DotTC1 Game profile

Aug 21st 2016, 12:42:56

It was fun.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2016, 13:02:35

Shout out Oob! :p Tokyo, you're still crazy if you doubt Warriors! Imo it was our crap FS and activity that did us in. We still came close to tag killing both you chumps :p
Catch me on ir c

Thore Game profile

Aug 22nd 2016, 14:01:51

Just FS us already!
Sof.earthgraphs.com

Thore Game profile

Aug 22nd 2016, 14:02:01

Sof.earthgraphs.com

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 22nd 2016, 20:34:01