Verified:

Hardy Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 18:17:10

After how much time do we receive a 3 turn bonus and 6 turn bonus for not logging in ?

Cheers

Marshal Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 19:46:35

by out all-mighty qzod: which will now get them at 4h and 6h
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:06:33

0.2 mins ago
You have been granted 3 bonus turns!

0.2 mins ago
You were given a daily bonus of 20 extra acres.

2.1 hours ago
You have been granted 3 bonus turns!

That 2 hour spread there makes me question that, Marshal. I noticed it's not consistent though...for example I've noticed larger spreads. I'm not sure if there's an expected amount of bonus turns per set and the server tries to somewhat help you get there if you fall behind or what.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:29:15

you logged after you got 4 hr bonus but before 6 hr bonus so got 3 turns 2.1 hrs ago and 2.1 hrs later you got 6 hr bonus another 3 turns so total 6 turns, bonustimer doesn't get reseted if logs between 4/6 hr periods or before 4 hrs stamp.

no expected amount of bonusturns (besides if logins so often that collects all bonusturns available which I doubt any1 does) and no helping.

Hammer Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:34:44

Glad you guys started this discussion. I was under the impression that on the Express server you got the bonus automatically at "an interval" without having to be logged out for the required period.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:06:29

Originally posted by Marshal:
you logged after you got 4 hr bonus but before 6 hr bonus so got 3 turns 2.1 hrs ago and 2.1 hrs later you got 6 hr bonus another 3 turns so total 6 turns, bonustimer doesn't get reseted if logs between 4/6 hr periods or before 4 hrs stamp.

no expected amount of bonusturns (besides if logins so often that collects all bonusturns available which I doubt any1 does) and no helping.

Hmm..interesting...I was under the impression that you could not get a 6 hour bonus unless you missed the 4 hour bonus. Apparently they're separate, good to know. I'm used to the old days where if you logged in after 12 hours but before 18 you'd only get 3 bonus turns and would miss the other 3 for 18 :)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 1:17:41

You receive a bonus every 4 & 6hr interval. You no longer have to sign out. Simply refresh/open the main page screen on each interval to receive your bonus. The interval does not reset. So...

If your interval is from 1pm-5pm and you refresh your screen at 459pm and at 501pm, you would get bonus turns for both intervals.

4hrs: 3turns
6hrs: 6turns

Applies to EXPRESS only.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 13th 2016, 1:23:19. Reason: ir·rel·e·vant
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:27:28

Got it, thanks for sharing and not being Celphi-sh with that bit of public server knowledge.

Hammer Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:35:30

Thanks, Celphi! I was close in my understanding it sounds like, which is good for me as I can't remember much and don't have the focus to go read it.

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 1:42:17

its very weird. No idea why it's like this. Just injects extra turns into your country automatically. Everyone could just start with 100 turns or something instead or something. Or whatever. Just dont understand the point of it

Hammer Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:44:51

I think it is because of the speed of the game. Most strategies cannot afford for someone to log out for lengthy periods of time because of the turns they would accrue and maybe not be able to play (like a c/i).

Kingme Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:45:39

Back in the day, Mehul needed people off the server so it would have enough bandwidth and not crash.

These days it's the complete opposite. QZ and Pang want any activity they can get.

Hammer Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 2:03:22

lol.. but this is true. We didn't have Express back then so the log off period could be the same across the others.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 2:58:39

Lol if was same across all servers we would see some new high scores :P
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 3:38:30

lol@ssj4
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Hardy Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 4:22:00

Thanks all :)

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 10:43:13

Originally posted by drkprinc:

maybe, maybe not.

qz changed bonusturnsystem a while ago so that players would get bonusturns even if they logged in bef 12 or 18 hrs timer.

Edited By: Marshal on Aug 13th 2016, 10:45:38

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 7:01:29

Bonuses for logging out are a leftover relic from BBS games like Tradewars. I played that game in around 1990 to 1994. Since BBS games were set up by individuals and dialed up on local phone numbers they typically only had one or two 56k POTS lines for access.

Also, as an interesting note, the 3 turn bonuses at 4 and 6 hours are received at the next new turn after the 4 or 6 hour mark, so the actual maximum bonus is after either 6 hrs 4 min, or 6 hours 8 min. Probably after 6 hours 4 mins.

You can use an auto reloader to refresh the page every 5 minutes to maximize these bonus turns.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 7:34:34

Originally posted by Marshal:

maybe, maybe not.

qz changed bonusturnsystem a while ago so that players would get bonusturns even if they logged in bef 12 or 18 hrs timer.

was saying if express bonus turn system was same on other servers you would have few hundred extra turns more by end of set.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 7:36:40

Originally posted by Getafix:

You can use an auto reloader to refresh the page every 5 minutes to maximize these bonus turns.

Automated scripts, bots and macros
--->"Earth Empires does not allow players to use any form of script, program, macro or other software tool to perform user actions in an automated manner" <---. Scripts that enhance game play by helping users complete actions quicker, such as auto-form fill fields, are permitted. However, --->"these must not play the user's country without user input. "<---
In addition, players are not permitted to collect news, scores, or market data with scripts or bots. For players who wish to use such data, the Earth Empires team grants API keys to developers. These keys can be obtained by contacting Earth Empires Staff directly via e-mail or through live chat. API codes are given out on a case-by-case basis: applying for a key does not automatically mean a user will be granted one.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 8:28:20

O-o

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 9:23:10

I know its sucks I wanted to use an auto refresh to buy goods off market on FFA evenly through my countries as SO's don't do it that way they just run in sequence and grab whatever comes in in blocks of any size then moves to next.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 10:43:09

was saying if express bonus turn system was same on other servers you would have few hundred extra turns more by end of set.

yes we would get extra turns but also we would probably start de- and restock earlier than now.