Verified:

BladeEWG Game profile

May 11th 2016, 12:32:24

Smoking.
Was going to be over the weekend, but I figured no sense waiting.
Threw away two full pacts and smushed them to make sure I wouldn't go dumpster diving. I have only six single smokes left here. My time line will start at noon or when I smoke these out. My wife wanted me to do a nonstop smoke fest to blow them out,but I don't think an overload of nicotine would help.
Cold turkey is the way for me. I'd rather just get it over with rather than do patches or gum that to me just prolongs the act.
Just doing the math of saving over 14 bucks a day is reason enuf. But I could add on the health benefits too I suppose LOL
And the cheaper insurence rate to boot.
So I'll quit. Started when it made me look cool when I wore leather jackets and ran hot cars.
Those days are long gone,now I wear flannel and drive a Kia Soul. Scary stuff thinking about how a life changes.
And why,you wonder ,do I bring this here?
Two reasons really
One, because I pretty much can do what I damn well want to here. And the second, just in case someone else is thinking of quitting maybe this will help knowing I'm going thru it too .
So bring on the withdrawals , the irritability,the cravings,the crazy coughing and anything else that's coming along
I'm done with you smokes.
P@ss on ya!

Marshal Game profile

May 11th 2016, 12:41:43

you wish.

health benefits come years later.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

May 11th 2016, 13:22:49

It has been exactly 2,700 days since I quit smoking. Havn't cheated once because I know I can't have just one. Still want one almost every day. Good luck!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

May 11th 2016, 13:24:51

Oh, and I used the patch. Crazy dreams while wearing that thing. Crazy indeed.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BladeEWG Game profile

May 11th 2016, 13:26:41

No doctor marshal ,some things improve quickly.
I think Mayo knows a bit about this.
Nicotine levels drop dramatically within 72 hours and by 2 weeks are negligible.
Oxygen levels increase within 72 hours.
Blood pressure begins to lower after 24 hours. Heart rate begins to lower at a similar rate.
Lung cilia begins to repair within 48 hours.
It will be years before many things get back to pre smoke levels and some never will.
Bottom line is things will be better than they are smoking. Can't ask for more than that.

BladeEWG Game profile

May 11th 2016, 13:29:09

Good for you Ford!
You feel better for it?
My Dad tried the patch but didn't help since he kept right on smoking. He never got cancer but his heart gave up.

mrford Game profile

May 11th 2016, 13:33:33

Sure I feel better. I can run much better now and my O2 lasts longer when diving. But the reason I quit was more important. I went out and got a box of the patches the day we knew my wife was perggers with our first.

You need a good reason. Hopefully you have one and lean on it. I avoided drinking and all my friends who smoked for a month atleast. It was rough, but worth it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Symbolic Game profile

May 11th 2016, 13:48:44

Its something only time can fix, I've been quit for 5 years now. hang in there! you'll stop wanting too kill everyone after a couple months :D

Dissident Game profile

May 11th 2016, 14:12:35

I tried quitting smoking with patches and gum... i couldnt do it esp in my line of work.

Vaping was the ticket.

Forgotten

May 11th 2016, 14:14:02

Blade, honestly, cold turkey may be tough, you should seek doctor's guidance on it.

if you see or feel symptoms, you should use a patch or gum. heck chewing regular gum may help curb the need for having fluff in your mouth.

I've seen people fail on cold turkey.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Dissident Game profile

May 11th 2016, 14:18:47

Srsly tho. I started vaping not even trying to quit smoking... just to cut down basically.

I havent bought a pack since. Vaping has replaced smoking for me and is about 15% the cost.

mrford Game profile

May 11th 2016, 15:02:58

We get it. You vape. Lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2016, 15:28:31

congratulations, Blade ! :)

Kia Soul tyres will replace smoking as your expensive habit haha ! ;)

you've got me beaten, ford
5-6 years
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2016, 15:29:28

Originally posted by Akula:

5-6 years

I tried the patches, but the fluffs started me coughing as soon as I lit them ;/

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 11th 2016, 15:55:09

Good luck!! I quit back in 2010 cold turkey when I had those two surgeries on my foot.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Symbolic Game profile

May 11th 2016, 16:52:17

5-6 years

I tried the patches, but the fluffs started me coughing as soon as I lit them ;/

You are just smoking the cheap ones :P

Ruthie

May 11th 2016, 16:55:31

Congrats!

I quit cold turkey years ago and have not had a cig since then :)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 11th 2016, 19:11:18

Good luck, my dad quit cold turkey, but replaced it with food

llaar Game profile

May 11th 2016, 19:25:54

good luck!

Heston Game profile

May 11th 2016, 21:02:42

Good luck blade. Dont pick up another self destructive habit to replace smoking.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2016, 21:31:51

^ as he said

Goofy Game profile

May 12th 2016, 0:15:41

I quit July 2009. Haven't looked back. Money saved let me buy a new car. Just make sure you stay busy and watch the snacks. Idle hands will make you fat.

GeneralofRome Game profile

May 12th 2016, 3:07:54

Buy a stress ball and gum...helped me. stress ball help me keep my hands occupied all day. Coworkers thought I was losing my sanity squeezing the damn thing all day but it really helped. I'm going on two months cold turkey.

Link Game profile

May 12th 2016, 3:11:40

good luck on the journey
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Heston Game profile

May 12th 2016, 3:14:54

The word journey is used by fat pigs losing weight on reality tv and the Kardashians describing bruce jenners mental illness.

drkprinc Game profile

May 12th 2016, 3:40:45

if you find a need to have a smoke dissident is right about vaping, it's been 18 months for me since I had a smoke, was only tough the first week after that I didn't even think about cig's, I started at high dosage too 24 mg/ml now down to 3 mg/ml and my flavored juices have 0 mg so it ranges between 0-3 when I mix it. Also I'm not using it even half as much as I did when I first stopped smoking cigs.

if your will power fails this is the best choice out of all other alternatives.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Rufus Game profile

May 13th 2016, 14:08:57

I tried gum, after a week or so I kinda liked them and started to chew them while smoking. Then I quit gum. I haven't tried patches but I guess it would have been the same scenario. Besides. Coffee doesn't taste the same without a cig, beer doesn't taste the same without a cig and I'll die anyway eventually, with or without cigarettes so why bother. That being said, good luck!
I am John Galt.

BladeEWG Game profile

May 13th 2016, 14:53:32

Day two and no smokes!
Have had boomers of headaches tho,guess that's part of it. I'm drinking water like crazy and that seems to help.
Weird thing tho is I am very very tired. That doesn't make sense to me.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2016, 16:18:33

I would also suggest avoiding any triggers while you are kicking the habbit. People, places, activities that remind you of smoking... Avoid at all costs until you're strong enough to resist :D

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2016, 16:22:07

Originally posted by Rufus:
I tried gum, after a week or so I kinda liked them and started to chew them while smoking. Then I quit gum. I haven't tried patches but I guess it would have been the same scenario. Besides. Coffee doesn't taste the same without a cig, beer doesn't taste the same without a cig and I'll die anyway eventually, with or without cigarettes so why bother. That being said, good luck!

It's not about dying or not dying... Everyone will die you are right but its more about quality of life. After seeing my grandpa's decline his quality of life was most definitely affected no matter what rational you want to throw at it.

I don't know you and thus don't care about you but don't believe your life will be as good with cigs than without.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

May 13th 2016, 22:22:39

It's the year 2016.. Why people still smoke cigs or inhale metals via vaping is beyond me. Just replacing one habbit with another :P

Good job Blade. All de-toxices are rough. My ex quit. Smoked 1/2 cig 3 weeks later and got a headache/disliked it. She was cig free for at least the rest of our relationship. Dunno if she still is.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Dissident Game profile

May 14th 2016, 0:18:53

LI... vaping makes you inhale metals?

How do you figure?

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 0:35:04

Originally posted by Dissident:

How do you figure?

The gawd damn coils. Made of home made fluff. Temp conrolled wire is nickel ..
Thats real good for you

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2016, 0:55:47

Originally posted by Heston:

How do you figure?

The gawd damn coils. Made of home made fluff. Temp conrolled wire is nickel ..
Thats real good for you

Not to mention the lovely cotton swab wick that they use...when that baby starts to get old it sure tastes like fluff!!!

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 0:59:33

fluffin kanthol fire proof wick lol. Its like a b-12 shot.

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 1:02:21

Also the Chinese 18650 batteries that are junk and vent constantly. Especially at .010 ohms and 15+ watts...

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

May 14th 2016, 1:50:09

How do you figure?

So you started vaping without researching? Metals aren't the only danger...

http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/122-a244/

https://student.societyforscience.org/...cle/vaping-may-harm-lungs

http://www.discountvapers.com/risks/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...-tobacco-scientists-warn/
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

drkprinc Game profile

May 14th 2016, 4:46:09

will take vaping any day over smoking or gums/patches/inhalers/pills without a second thought.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Symbolic Game profile

May 14th 2016, 5:02:44

Just don't smoke, its all in your head.

Dissident Game profile

May 14th 2016, 5:57:28

LI... please note that all the "research" is inconclusive. Vaping "may" do this and vaping "may" do that.

Ill tell you one thing... I went from a pack a day smoker to an ex smoker instantly. No willpower required.

i think youre on the wrong side of history on this one. In the next decade you will see heart and lung disease drop drastically as tobacco use falls like an anvil. Everyone will struggle to take credit... heart and lung associations etc will say its because of this campaign or that.

But, in the back of your mind you will remember... oh ya, Dissident said something like this that time on the forums. Vaping is very useful for quitting smoking and WORTH trying if you can't kick the analogs.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

May 14th 2016, 17:35:40

I agree vaping is "better" but its not the "best" solution. To me, blowing any smoke out of your mouth is unnatural, unattractive and can't possibly be healthy for anyone, no matter the source of the smoke.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Dissident Game profile

May 14th 2016, 18:10:20

Its not smoke tho. Theres nothing burning. No combustion.

Its vg (vegetable glycerin)70%, pg (propylene glycol) 30%, then pharma grade nicotine (im on lowest setting of that 3mg), and flavourings.

Now im aware of some companies that have dodgy flavouring ingredients... but there are communities that teat all the juices and publish those results for all vapers to see. Its a consumer regulated industry with little government and pharma and big tobacco oversight. Pharma and big tobacco hate that... and will spend billions of dollars to stop the whole thing. And governments want the tax dollars. Well screw that. A lot of the "research" and articles are put out by organizations funded by pharma and big tobacco. Even the heart and lung associations are funded in large part by big pharma. Do you think their opinions arent influenced by lobby?

Food for thought

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 18:14:32

The nicotine burns. Same as a cigarette..

mrford Game profile

May 14th 2016, 19:02:30

It doesn't burn anything? What is the coil for?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2016, 19:04:44

contraception ?

Scott Game profile

May 14th 2016, 19:08:05

contraception ?

Don't jam it in your pee hole... This isn't a proven form of contraception.

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 19:35:21

Man rule #1
Never drink out of a straw. Never put something round up to your mouth and suck. It makes you look like a flufftard and other stuff.

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 19:44:24

Never make eye contact in a public restroom. Its just asking for trouble.
(Needed to be said in blades thread)

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 19:46:09

The third and final rule for today is
Never fight a man with cauliflower ears. He got those for a reason. Turn and run away.

Dissident Game profile

May 14th 2016, 20:51:30

Originally posted by Heston:
The nicotine burns. Same as a cigarette..

A frying pan gets hot too... doesnt mean you always burn your food. The coil heats the juice up but theres no flame or burning. No combustion.