Verified:

braden Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 15:43:34

and your arguement there is that if i say it others should be able to. we're establishing here that my using it isnt the benchmark for which civility is to be measured.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 16:03:31

No, my argument is not that if you say it others should be able to. This is less an analysis of the mod's standards than your consistency in what you claim is a deeply held moral belief.

And as for me, I don't appreciate anyone using derogatory or racial slang regardless of if it is about their own race/ethnicity/religion or not.

I also think personal attacks are "more ok" than stereotyping attacks. For example, saying someone is "miserly" is not as offensive to me as saying they are "as miserly as a Jew" (typical stereotyping). I'm not Jewish, but I can still see the application of a stereotype to their religion/people/culture.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2015, 16:32:11

I need to make +/- buttons that hide posts if they get too low of a vote, or something.
Finally did the signature thing.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 16:33:20

Originally posted by qzjul:
I need to make +/- buttons that hide posts if they get too low of a vote, or something.

+1

That may work, as long as the trolls don't outnumber the more mainstream readers. :)

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 17:06:05

Fixing the ignore feature would also make a "civility rule" mostly unnecessary. For the most part, its just s few posters who go out of their way to be offensive consistently.

Of course though, ignoring those 4 or 5 people would mean there would not be much to read here most of the time. :)

braden Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 17:15:04

+1

Trife Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 17:16:43

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

Fixing the ignore feature would also make a "civility rule" mostly unnecessary. For the most part, its just s few posters who go out of their way to be offensive consistently.

Of course though, ignoring those 4 or 5 people would mean there would not be much to read here most of the time. :)

+1

Heston Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 17:17:48

Yep
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

TAN Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 17:20:43

Actually an ignore button would pretty much solve everything.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Heston Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 17:33:13

Originally posted by TAN:

No it would not. I dont think that ignoring a mod was ever an option. I like the vote down or up a troll idea. It will allow the community to self police. How could i read stuff from you like "EVEN HESTON AGREES" or "wait what?" if im ignoring you?

Trife Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 18:31:52

Originally posted by Heston:

No it would not.

lol, yes it would. sounds like someone is worried that he'd be the most ignored poster :P

Heston Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 19:35:44

Originally posted by Trife:
Originally posted by Heston:

No it would not.

lol, yes it would. sounds like someone is worried that he'd be the most ignored poster :P

Youre right ignore would solve it esp if you could ignore a mod. I would be in the top 10 for sure. With the values my haters display, i wont be ashamed of it.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 19:50:15

we had ignore button (amongst other things) in previous incarnation of these forums.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Frybert Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 20:32:42

Originally posted by Atryn:

+1

braden Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 20:42:14

Originally posted by Marshal:
we had ignore button (amongst other things) in previous incarnation of these forums.

on point, as per usual.

id be high on the list of ignored posters, thats for sure. people cant handle how real i am or how right i am.

i dont blame them.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2015, 23:56:10

The internet is an amazing place, just full of people waiting to be offended by something, LOL

I found a picture on facebook not long ago which has a rainbow swastika theme, saying "Let's offend everybody". LOL
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

braden Game profile

Aug 25th 2015, 23:58:05

ban cerb. not my rule. enforce it against all or none..

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2015, 0:03:01

Originally posted by braden:
ban cerb. not my rule. enforce it against all or none..

I got a forum ban once before. LOL I made a simple post about "The Truth... PDM?" a long time ago and the thread went crazy. LOL Tirol made an image of a dog in jail to post up to "Free Cerberus". LOL

TAN Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 0:54:02

I hope it was a three-headed dog!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Goofy Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 1:01:09

Originally posted by braden:

+1

++1

*bonus*

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2015, 3:34:01

This could be a great way to get a more democratic reading on the view of the group towards posts, whether they are offensive or maybe just worthless. Would posts at -15 or something just be automatically deleted? Gotta wonder who would be down there, there are so many candidates, myself included. Personally, I think Marshall would get the overall lowest score.

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 4:35:38

The only opinion that really matters when it comes to bans is the owners of the game. Hell they can ban you just for fluffs and giggles if they want to. The point im trying to make is they make the choice and whoever they give that power to so you just have to deal with it.

Or you can always start your own forum boards and make your own rules if you want, its one of the many things you can do on the web :-)

tellarion Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 10:24:21

I think the difference is alcohol

braden Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 12:14:08

it was while i was at work, driving a forklift.. i assure you i wasnt the least bit drunk (up to about seven pm, at least)

Oceana Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 15:43:28

Oceana Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 15:46:03

but the +/- , I still have to read the BS to mark it

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2015, 15:52:54

I hope it was a three-headed dog!

Unfortunately, it was only a regular dog. Spotted though.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 22:44:14

So you're going to copy Reddit!!!

Taveren Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 2:15:43

Reading AT was a mistake. I immediately regret my decision.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

braden Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 2:21:45

dont worry, so does everybody who wishes marshal had posted instead.

En4cer Game profile

Aug 28th 2015, 10:20:48

Bonus