Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 8:03:01

I don't agree with all his viewpoints, but he's one of the most knowledable players of the game & is fair.
I know he volunteered one year ago, but I'm not sure if he'd still be interested in doing it now-- where you @ blid?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Dissident Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 10:15:46

What made you think that they are accepting nominations? This isnt a high school election little guy.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 11:11:51

If people are interested in becoming moderators, please send a message to qzjul and pang.

braden Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 13:09:30

*messages tella about being a mod

ZDH Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 13:16:28

If I was mod...i'd ban Celphi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0H6R7xRytk

Edited By: ZDH on Aug 18th 2015, 13:20:26
See Original Post
-BigZ

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 14:02:36

Originally posted by ZDH:
If I was mod...i'd ban Celphi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0H6R7xRytk

If I was mod I would not ban ZDH for being a fluff.

I would ban him/her only if he/she was an uncooperative multiple offender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYTxIcandik
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

ZDH Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 14:12:34

Nerrus this song is you bro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
-BigZ

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 14:35:02

My purpose of making this thread is to get community feedback on the players who want to mod TEAM.

As Tella has posted before, the step required to make mod is to contact Pang or Qzjul.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 14:35:50

I'd still be willing to help mod team if desired but I don't know if there's a lot of people looking for my help, haha.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 14:57:24

i would welcome it. as would many others.

the question is, do you really want to deal with all of the fluff youd be subjected to?

(if i were mod.. subjunctive, come now, folks)

Nerrus Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 15:10:27

Originally posted by ZDH:
Nerrus this song is you bro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo

Whatever t w a t.

Edited By: Nerrus on Aug 18th 2015, 15:22:37
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Vamps Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 19:31:12

Others (like BStrong) came in with lots of optimism and energy. The bottom line is that the mods of this server were doomed to fail when tella and red x forced a bunch of vague rules changes down players throats and then did not consistently enforce them.

Half of the problems would be solved by an active mod, but it would also need to be someone who was willing to provide clarity on all of the grey area.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2015, 19:44:27

I've posted this on a different thread-- but this is what needs to happen:

Originally posted by Celphi:
If TEAM is to be saved (in my opinion) there's some obvious things that have to happen:

Discussion Phase:
In a single thread, all available players discuss possible rules which address the current problems of the TEAM server. Some players can offer solutions while others can point out the weaknesses of those solutions. The main idea is to develop a strong set of base rules. Just as there are laws, each rule should state the violation and the punishment. The purpose of this phase is to brainstorm possible rules.

Creation of Rule Phase:
In a separate thread (a Rules Thread), a moderator should collect all the rules in which have passed the scrutiny test of the Discussion Phase and itemize each one with their consequence. Unless a rule from the Rules Thread is violated, no action would be taken. In situations which occur which are not addressed in the Rules Thread, those problems are then recycled through the Discussion Phase as before. If they pass the scrutiny of the discussion phase, then that new rule is then amended to the Rules Thread. The purpose of this phase is to itemize each rule with *clarity* and their consequence for violating it.

Moderator requirements:
A moderator should be available at least once every 24hrs. The moderator should enforce the rules regardless of the violator's status. The moderator should be able to moderate the discussions in the Discussion Phase and update accordingly the Rules Thread as new situations occur. *The moderator may not play on the same server in which they moderate*.

These are some of the basics. To me, there shouldn't be any difficulty of moderating when all you have to do is enforce and adapt to the rules made by the community.

* - added

Right now you have a bunch of rules which don't represent the current player base-- only one person truly knows what they mean-- and you have to go to court to get them enforced (randomly enforced).

tellarion Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 2:05:35

The rules are pretty fluffing clear. No more than 5v5. That's it. This is team server, not alliance.

If you guys have better ideas on how to achieve that goal, then please suggest them. All of these rules were refined WITH the participation of the community, and a lot of effort was put in to refine them and make them as clear as possible. Yes, the initial implementation was vague as hell, which is why I spent hours and hours talking with many of you to refine them and make them more clear.

As far as the moderator team is concerned, we don't want more than 5v5. We will not budge on that. So, again, if you have a better idea on how to maintain that standard, please let us know.

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 2:41:26

Tella, if you think the rules are clear then . . . honestly, I have no flipping idea what to say to you.

I went to grad school, I write geologic logging macros in AutoCAD, I hand craft custom knives out of old saw blades and cow bones, I actually understand all of the EPA lab QA/QC standards - and I have NO clue what is and is not allowed on this server.

You guys have applied the 'rules' inequitably and arbitrarily, you have second guess yourselves repeatedly, sent mixed and confusing messages, and you have stickied 10 (TEN!) fluffing threads trying to clarify the rules. If everybody on the server thinks its unclear, and you keep standing on Tella Island asserting that it is clear, maybe you need to reassess.

There was one problem, TSO refused to make peace with netters and locked down the server for a few months. It sucked, I hated it, but bolty and scode both left, and elves is reformed. The problem solved itself. Lets drop the BS and go back to the way things were. I don't think there is any traction to reform a giant bully coalition that kills all netting tags for months on end, lets ween Team off of the chemo and see if it stays cancer free for a while. 18 months of therapy with all of it blood draining side effects is probably enough.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

tellarion Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 2:58:01

The one that matters is the Updated Spirit of the Server thread. I just removed the rest of them, which were only there for reference purposes(hence why they were locked). People who have been following the issue should know which thread is the valid one, but you're right, it was confusing. Confusion gone now.

Reread just that one thread and tell me it's not clear.

mrford Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:02:01

what is your stance on immigration?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Vamps Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:03:17

Let's start with the biggest complaint as of late:

Tag A is beating Tag B in a war. Tag C grabs Tag B while Tag A is killing/farming them.

Tag A then grabs Tag C. Is this breaking the rules?

ZDH Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:03:42

Originally posted by mrford:
what is your stance on immigration?

Deport everything that's not legal. And nuke Mexico DUH!
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:05:44

so we can finally deport obama?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:10:02

@Tella:
After you answer that:

Add onto Vamps scenario:

May Tag A grab Tag C with 4PS & 20 negative spy ops (demoralize) while Tag C & Tag D are at war?

tellarion Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:14:44

Grabbing is not considered an act of war. This is definitely a gray area, though, since a few grabs aren't a huge deal, but a ton of grabs is not ok. We generally don't like to set a hard limit, because some people take that as a sign to go up to that limit every single time just to push it. What do you think we should do?

Although I'm not sure why Tag A grabbing Tag C would be even remotely a violation...

Celphi, personally I consider Demos out of bounds and more or less a war activity. I'd say it's not ok, but that may just be my alliance roots showing.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:18:38

Exactly. And last set that's what happened and those two DS players didn't get deleted.

I won't harp on past if we are moving forward to make changes now to make server better. I just want clarity and assurance that future violations will be punished and what exactly are violations.

I personally believe we should set that grabbing # to a number.
Why not make it 2?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:20:02

GDI allows only 1 on solo servers, I think 2 is reasonable, but 3+ seems like excessive in my opinion.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:22:22

2 per country? 2 per team?

Country A in Tag A can grab Tag B twice. Per day? Or each country in Tag B twice? Per day?

Celphi, as you yourself have found out, sending messages and making sure to report increase the chances of something being dealt with. I'm sorry if it wasn't taken care of satisfactorily, but that's definitely why we need more mods.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:24:12

Actually 2 is flawed. Perhaps 1:1 is better. So for each time C grabbed B in Vamps scenario then A should get 1:1 on C even in war.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:26:28

It wouldn't matter who did the recovering - so long as it was 1:1.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:31:15

Also--

Another subject that should be clarified.
If Tag A is at war with Tag B, can Tag C deem that war phoney and attack Tag A anyways?

When does a war end? As a player I cannot see spy ops., so how do I know if two tags are still at war or not? I think this should be clarified.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 19th 2015, 3:35:27

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:32:59

My suggestion is 1 special attack is required per 24hrs (successful or not is irrelevent) If nothing occurs within those 24hrs from either tag then both tags should be valid targets.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 19th 2015, 3:36:20

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 3:40:19

excessive grabbing of countries at war reduces their military that's harmful enough.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:43:24

The other issue are clans blantaly violating rules during final days of set--- there needs to be a greater punishment than deletion since a clan has nothing to lose once the set is almost over.

Also, all members should be required to join a clan by day 5.

Also, there needs to be clarity that 1 man tags are still tags, so even if that player is identified as a suicider or thought to be one, multiple clans shouldn't be able to attack that player at the same time.

No clan regardless of size (including size of 1) should be able to attack same clan. [yes, im guilty of this on this set]

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 3:45:42

@dark:
that's why I recommended 1:1. Ebert grabbed one of their targets 2x during their war. Equal would have been 2:2 (1:1), not 4:2(2:1) plus 20 demos.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 19th 2015, 3:48:50

Colo Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 4:05:30

Who the fluff are you to tell me how I can grab my fluffing land?? You shouldn't have entered our war. Period.

Dissident Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 4:37:33

Celphi clearly wants to be a mod.

the day that happens is the day i quit this game.

How about this... mods need to have at least 5 years of experience with this game and is in good standing with the general population of the servers.

And at THAT point, you can start to introduce rules you want to see for this server.

For instance:
"My suggestion is 1 special attack is required per 24hrs (successful or not is irrelevent) If nothing occurs within those 24hrs from either tag then both tags should be valid targets."
-This idea is undercooked. My team, while at war, frequently saves turns for over 24 hours... does that mean the war is over? 72 hours... that i can see.

"The other issue are clans blantaly (sp) violating rules during final days of set--- there needs to be a greater punishment than deletion since a clan has nothing to lose once the set is almost over."
-The only thing left after a deletion is a ban. If you ban anyone, you're basically losing a player forever. With under 100 players left, you gotta count your blessings.

"Also, there needs to be clarity that 1 man tags are still tags, so even if that player is identified as a suicider or thought to be one, multiple clans shouldn't be able to attack that player at the same time."
-suiciders have no rights.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 4:46:15

suiciders have the right to suicide? that could count lol

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 4:48:59

Where have I ever posted that I wanted to be a mod? The freaking OP says I'm recommending Blid.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 4:57:20

You're over-reacting. I'm giving suggestions, not what it must be.

My suggestion:
"My suggestion is 1 special attack is required per 24hrs (successful or not is irrelevent) If nothing occurs within those 24hrs from either tag then both tags should be valid targets."

Your disagreement:
-This idea is undercooked. My team, while at war, frequently saves turns for over 24 hours... does that mean the war is over? 72 hours... that i can see.

My Solution:
You can still save turns for over 24hrs and still do 1 special attack. One attack isn't going to set you that far back in saving turns. But- 72hrs works too.

Problem:
"The other issue are clans blantaly (sp) violating rules during final days of set--- there needs to be a greater punishment than deletion since a clan has nothing to lose once the set is almost over."

Your answer:
-The only thing left after a deletion is a ban. If you ban anyone, you're basically losing a player forever. With under 100 players left, you gotta count your blessings.

Solution:
A ban doesnt have to be the next step-- but a random deletion of your next set would seem fair.
========================================================================

tellarion Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 4:59:06

Actually 2 is flawed. Perhaps 1:1 is better. So for each time C grabbed B in Vamps scenario then A should get 1:1 on C even in war.

This makes no sense to me. So A gets free retals on C because they were at war with B? If anything, C is doing A a favor and weakening B. I don't understand the logic behind this.

The other issue are clans blantaly violating rules during final days of set--- there needs to be a greater punishment than deletion since a clan has nothing to lose once the set is almost over.

End of set violations are hard for mods to enforce without admin support. But I agree, I'd like to punish people for doing this.

Also, all members should be required to join a clan by day 5.

Agreed, but this is for qz, and has little to do with rules/moderation.

Also, there needs to be clarity that 1 man tags are still tags, so even if that player is identified as a suicider or thought to be one, multiple clans shouldn't be able to attack that player at the same time.

This has already been made abundantly clear. Please reread my spirit of the rules thread.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 5:00:04

"Also, there needs to be clarity that 1 man tags are still tags, so even if that player is identified as a suicider or thought to be one, multiple clans shouldn't be able to attack that player at the same time."

-suiciders have no rights.

Question:
If a single player wants to war a clan of 5, are you saying they have no right to do that?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 5:08:17

@Tella:

Originally posted by tellarion:

This makes no sense to me. So A gets free retals on C because they were at war with B? If anything, C is doing A a favor and weakening B. I don't understand the logic behind this.

Dude I completely agree with you! But Drunksex's agrument is this:
Tag B grabs Tag A land.
Tag A wars Tag B.
Tag C grabs B.
Tag A doesn't like that Tag C grabbed their war target's land. So they grab C 4x and did 20 demos while C was at war with Tag D.

If the argument is to recover Tag A's land then it should be 1:1. No greater than that. I totally agree that it's dumb that they wanted to LG C in the first place, because if anything it's helping them. But that's the excuse they're using and I guess it could be used as 2-stepping.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 19th 2015, 5:10:20

Colo Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 5:12:09

You entered a war you didn't belong in. Everyone knows that is a douche move. However, I do understand why you will never be able to understand that.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 5:18:59

We didn't enter a war. We LG a target x2 on an opposing clan which you were at war with.

Your clan on the otherhand did 4 LGs and 20 demos on our clan while we were at war.

I understand the difference. Do you?

Colo Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 5:20:35

Thinking is hard

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 5:28:33

Originally posted by tellarion:
This is definitely a gray area, though, since a few grabs aren't a huge deal, but a ton of grabs is not ok. We generally don't like to set a hard limit, because some people take that as a sign to go up to that limit every single time just to push it. What do you think we should do?

Celphi, personally I consider Demos out of bounds and more or less a war activity. I'd say it's not ok, but that may just be my alliance roots showing.

^^^^^^^^^

Do you not see how this is exactly what i meant. You said its all very simple and clear - then you turn around and post that. All of the gray areas and 'more or less', and 'generally'. You just handed me my point, nothing us clear at all on Team.

Celphi, FFS, STFU. Seriously, all you are doing is deliberately adding to the confusion. The 3-4 sets since you started playing team have been the low point of an already abysmal server experience. Just stop man, burn one and let it go.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 5:39:03

Uhm I'm adding to the confusion?? Plz...

What about your offer to 2-step xBaDx last set and I declined?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 5:41:19

Jul 14, 2015
To: Celphi
I may have some land available tomorrow evening if you are quick.

Jul 14, 2015
To: archaic
I really appreciate you offerring me man, but I don't want to risk getting deleted or labeled as a cheater. I really do try to follow the rules.

Jul 15, 2015
It's basically going to be what's called two stepping, where one guy does the grabs and another guy takes the land off of him before the retals can occur. It's as old as the game and not against the rules, as I am untagged. Actually, even if I was tagged it would be legal.

Jul 15, 2015
Yeah., a similar thing happened to me on ALLIANCE. It sounds ultra appealing for sure., but I'd rather not play that way. Again., I really appreciate you offering to help me.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 9:30:35

why not take it farther and 3 step it! create a circle jerk of ghost acres if nobody is aware of it not collaborating :P

B hits A, C hits B then A hits C

it would really just be A taking back land from B in first place and everyone would benefit from what would most likely just actually happen anyways like RoR's

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 10:58:52

Jul 14, 2015
I may have some land available tomorrow evening if you are quick.

Jul 14, 2015
I really appreciate you offerring me man, but I don't want to risk getting deleted or labeled as a cheater. I really do try to follow the rules.

Jul 15, 2015
It's basically going to be what's called two stepping, where one guy does the grabs and another guy takes the land off of him before the retals can occur. It's as old as the game and not against the rules, as I am untagged. Actually, even if I was tagged it would be legal.

Jul 15, 2015
Yeah., a similar thing happened to me on ALLIANCE. It sounds ultra appealing for sure., but I'd rather not play that way. Again., I really appreciate you offering to help me.

Lol, what does my seeking revenge on xBaDx have to do with you nonsensical wall of text posts? I got exactly what I wanted last set. I played ball. XBaDx got wrecked and the guy that doxxed me lost his netting set over a stupid war.

That's how a REAL player rolls celphi, he manipulates his environment, his environment doesn't manipulate him. I identified my targets, I formulated a plan, and I executed it.

Of course, when you get called out for posting idiotic drawn out arguments on TT, you respond by publishing unrelated ingame messages I sent you last set to deflect attention away from your premise of making blid a mod.

Please celphi - go ahead and post a 9,000 word, bullet pointed diatribe explaining how my revenge on xBaDx last set is related to your douchebaggery on the forums.

I'm over xBaDx, but you never seem to get over yourself.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 11:07:55

I'm just providing proof that only one set ago you were contributing to that low point. The only finger pointing you should be doing is at yourself.

If publishing your dirty tactics is douchebaggery, I accept my title.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 19th 2015, 11:11:06

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2015, 11:19:12

I get why Tella made the rules for this server now. Everyone complains but offers no realistic solutions. I have yet to see any suggestions as to which rules should be modified or adjusted to make them clearer. So far I've posted a few and Dissident remarked on them specifically. That's it.

Yes- I've began the thread as recommending Blid for mod. I think one other person remarked on it.
Then the thread transitioned into Tella asking the community what rules could be made clearer. I've listed a few, but some players prefer to attack me rather than discuss the rules specifically.