Verified:

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 10:57:27

Originally posted by id1028s:
Originally posted by Brigg:
Originally posted by Raging Budda:
Oldies did nothing against DrunkSex. Again, WE ARE A WAR TAG. If you aren't netting in our opinion and dont' have a pact, we are subject to be a target. We don't net and will never will.

Come after us, we welcome it.

I don't want to come after you. That's not the reason I'm playing.

Good night, all.
To be fair though... you were doing those ops on random people in other servers... so... no point trying to walk the high road here. Ya ain't exactly what I'd call a saint either lol. A netter doesn't go around screwing other people's sets either.

This is very true, and I don't deny it.

Like an excited child, I was pushing all the pretty buttons that gave me free stuff with no consequence as long as I didn't get caught. I'm in no way, shape, or form guiltless. However, now that I've learned that overusing it on unprovoked targets is more of a no-no than I thought, I'm more than willing to apologize for my behavior, move on, and allow us all to enjoy the game a little better.

I guess every story needs its villains. Who would have thought that the villains aren't from the "Villainz" tag?

Plot twist!
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 11:07:41

After reflecting on last night's joke-of-a-"Declaration of War" and the subsequent conversation that followed, I decided on an appropriate response. And there you have it, DrunkSEX. There's my response.

For those who can't see it, I just spent 40+ turns doing nothing but diffusing missiles in all of DrunkSEX's countries. Part of it was to maybe increase what's left of our team's chances of making it to the end of the reset. The other part is so, at the very least, when they are done bullying us, they can't ship those missiles in anyone else's direction.

Maybe I'll see you guys next reset here it team. But it's not looking good.

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 11:11:48

elvesrus

Jun 23rd 2015, 13:08:52

I'd just like to point out one of the highest priced techs this set has been warfare. In netting you tech to the prices, not what you need.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 13:19:47

Also, I would like to add:

Targeting us because we "Had so many missiles" is like punishing us for a random number generator doing us favors.

So what am I supposed to do when the RNG gives me a missile? "Oh no! I have a missile I can't get rid of unless I fire it at someone! If I get too many more of these, I'll be come a target!"

*Your research teams made a Chemical missile!*
"AH! NO!!!!"
*Your research teams made a Nuclear missile!*
"RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR STAHP!!!"
*Your research teams made a Cruise missile!*
"You're gonna make me a target!!! STOP IT!!!"
;________________;'

Case in Point: I have 8 missiles, and I've had <0.6% chance to produce a missile the entire reset.

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 14:21:39
See Original Post

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 13:43:32

Brigg buddy, ill team with you again next set, no biggie.. come back :)

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 14:15:54

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
Brigg buddy, ill team with you again next set, no biggie.. come back :)

I'm entertaining the fact that I'm probably over-reacting a bit. It's been a rough week for me IRL and I've been easily set off by stuff. I shouldn't let my real-life issues leak into my game behavior. It's part of why I described my playing this as a "Recreational Distraction".

I'm sure I'll give it another shot next set. Maybe next time I won't go SO hard-in on spies.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 14:30:06

next set ill actually try to play all my turns! And not as a theo with no stock or war techs :)

The 'Wild West' factor is what makes this server fun. No hard feelings with the drunk tag, ya clowns.

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:19:27

Also, I would like to add:

Targeting us because we "Had so many missiles" is like punishing us for a random number generator doing us favors.

So what am I supposed to do when the RNG gives me a missile? "Oh no! I have a missile I can't get rid of unless I fire it at someone! If I get too many more of these, I'll be come a target!"

"AH! NO!!!!"
"RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR STAHP!!!"
*Your research teams made a Cruise missile!*
"You're gonna make me a target!!! STOP IT!!!"
;________________;'

Case in Point: I have 8 missiles, and I've had <0.6% chance to produce a missile the entire reset.

from what i have read on other server forums you are a douchebag that just runs around solo servers randomly opping people and stealing fluff with little hope of actually finishing well.

hard to have pity on someone like that.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:28:13

Its a style of play that suits him. He won't get a top 10 with it but he's having fun, I can't speak for him but i don't think he's bombing banks on countries with billions on hand.. stealing a little tech here, bombing a few jets there, etc. I think its funny, and the amount of damage really done is minimal. Once he's spotted the defending country can and will act accordingly. Dunno if he targeted drunksex or not, but either way, if they want to attack us its their prerogative, and no hard feelings. Its a war game on the warriest server, after all.

Brigg, i think its fair to say that randomly spyopping countries is not unlike what drunksex did to us, just with a lot more force and focus :)

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:29:05

Originally posted by mrford:
from what i have read on other server forums you are a douchebag that just runs around solo servers randomly opping people and stealing fluff with little hope of actually finishing well.

Last I checked, I apologized for my behavior, welcomed retaliation, and said I wouldn't do it again...

...numerous times.

I didn't op DrunkSEX. (Until just now when I diffused as many missiles as possible as a defensive action)

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:32:24

next set ill actually try to play all my turns! And not as a theo with no stock or war techs :)

The 'Wild West' factor is what makes this server fun. No hard feelings with the drunk tag, ya clowns.
But as already explained, even the wild west had rules and gentlemen's mannerisms when it comes to fights. There is some honor code. There is no such thing on the team server. Its a jungle.

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:33:05

Last I checked, I apologized for my behavior, welcomed retaliation, and said I wouldn't do it again...

...numerous times.

I didn't op DrunkSEX. (Until just now when I diffused as many missiles as possible as a defensive action)

your point has little to do with mine.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:33:33

...numerous times.

I think you should list all your country names in all the servers that did this so people can retal openly. You could have successfully oped a few guys who don't know who did it.

braden Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:35:58

i think i have two nukes and cruises but nineteen chems- i blame my tech allies !

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:36:54

Two turntables and a microphone
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:46:37

I think you should list all your country names in all the servers that did this so people can retal openly. You could have successfully oped a few guys who don't know who did it.

Considering just deleting all my countries and vanishing into the aether...

I'm too busy to put up with being denied my right to learn a game.

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 15:48:53

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:49:05

I'm too busy to put up with being denied my right to play a game how I see fit.
Who's stopping you from playing the way you like?

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:50:14

and what about everyone else's right to not have a fluff opping their countries because that isnt how they want to play the game? a selfish douche! not that rare a breed, but an entertaining one.

someone took your toy away and now you are going to throw a fit?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:51:17

I'm too busy to put up with being denied my right to play a game how I see fit.
Who's stopping you from playing the way you like?

Apparently, I'm some horrible, remorseless troll that wants nothing more than to grief other people.

I don't really want to cause people grief. So I'll just go.

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:52:16

lol, you can fluff with other people for fun, but the minute someone does it to you, it is quittin time!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 15:59:48

lol, you can fluff with other people for fun, but the minute someone does it to you, it is quittin time!

I was doing it before I knew how badly it was frowned upon. I learned it was bad when I made that little oopsie with Elders. So I learned, and stopped doing it to tagged countries in Team, and I stopped doing it completely over in Tournament. I fessed up, and I welcomed retaliation. If anyone messed with me over in Tournament, or if Elders suddenly decided to get me back for the stolen tech, that would have been just fine because it's a deserved retaliation.

DrunkSEX, however, came in out of left field with a "Declaration of War" that was carried out with little or no time for all of us to see the message. And we did nothing to them. At all. Even when we had an opportunity to stop them, we didn't. This isn't about me, it's about my team.

There's a huge difference here.

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:01:12

So you only stopped in team and tournament server? So you continue to do it in other servers?

Youre right about team server. Its lawlessness and the general atmosphere here is different to the other servers. Its all about pointless hits out of the blue for no reason and no provocation. Its insane. Its like the knockout games. They just knock people out of randomness. There is a reason this server has so little people playing. And many of those countries arn't even active on the team server in the total countries count. It will get less too.

Edited By: id1028s on Jun 23rd 2015, 16:03:47

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:02:57

I was doing it before I knew how badly it was frowned upon. I learned it was bad when I made that little oopsie with Elders. So I learned, and stopped doing it to tagged countries in Team, and I stopped doing it completely over in Tournament. I fessed up, and I welcomed retaliation. If anyone messed with me over in Tournament, or if Elders suddenly decided to get me back for the stolen tech, that would have been just fine because it's a deserved retaliation.

DrunkSEX, however, came in out of left field with a "Declaration of War" that was carried out with little or no time for all of us to see the message. And we did nothing to them. At all. Even when we had an opportunity to stop them, we didn't. This isn't about me, it's about my team.

There's a huge difference here.

maybe you didnt read my post, so ill post it again

they wanted a war, for fun. just like you ran around and fluffed with random people, for fun. they didnt do anything to you to warrant the ops, just like you didnt do anything to drunk sex. you have the right to play how you want, just like they do.

none of this was my point. my point is you do the same fluff to random people that they did to you. just because you are sorry doesnt change anything. so it is difficult for me to feel sorry for you when you are no better than the people you are complaining about. worse actually, because atleast you know who is fluffing with you, your victims didnt, you were hiding.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 23rd 2015, 16:06:08
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:03:17

So you only stopped in team and tournament server? So you continue to do it in other servers?

My country in Alliance isn't equipped for ops like this, I self-deleted all my FFA countries, Primary I'm just playing with no real strategy, and I didn't get in on the last game of Express.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:07:03

Maybe you didn't read my posts, so I'll post them again.

I didn't know, and I apologized.

This isn't about me, it's about my team.

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 16:09:08

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:08:57

you are the one here complaining, the rest of your team isnt as loud as you. so it kinda is about you, and your fluffing bout the same thing you did to other people.

saying you are sorry doesnt mean you never did something. i personally dont give a flip if you op people. but you are being a hypocrite, and that i find entertaining.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:13:14

My country in Alliance isn't equipped for ops like this, I self-deleted all my FFA countries, Primary I'm just playing with no real strategy, and I didn't get in on the last game of Express.
which were your ffa countries? i got opped too

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:16:44

Land of Food
A Tavern of Ill Refute
and IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER (Which never actually fired lazers)

I barely played it because I don't like that mode. Too much stuff going on.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:26:29

saying you are sorry doesnt mean you never did something. i personally dont give a flip if you op people. but you are being a hypocrite, and that i find entertaining.

Let's say a guy gets into smoking crack and destroys his life and his family.
He turns his life around, gets clean.
Even though he's lost everything, he now has his health and a new outlook on life.
Swears never to do it again.
He makes new friends.
His friends go to smoke crack, and he stops them telling them to not smoke crack.
They say, "You smoked crack before! Stop being a hypocrite!"

That's what your calling me a hypocrite feels like.

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:28:15

you just compared ruining your life with a narcotic, to being a douche in a online game.....
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:28:48

Brigg, i think its fair to say that randomly spyopping countries is not unlike what drunksex did to us, just with a lot more force and focus :)

thats all this is, no one is telling you how to play, and no one can tell others how to play, either.

You stole tech and did other spy ops to random countries, which is entirely acceptable, and if you want to continue to do it, no one can stop you with words on a message forum. You are playing within the rules. Some OTHER random countries focused their turns and killed our team; Again, entirely within the rules. The damage isn't equal, but the behavior is. The appropriate response would be to:

A) Make netting intentions known, and do not instigate and fights
or
B) Coordinate our attacks and fight back. (Our tag is a SPAM tag by definition.. I created the tag and password, then sent it out to random untagged countries, i don't give us a whole lot of chance at winning a war)

Express is a fun server because if something like this happens, you usually have a ton of turns on hand to retaliate, and if not, the game only lasts a week. Just chaulk it up as experience and create a new country the next week.

TEAM is nice because the games are relatively short as well, but with formal alliances being allowed, this kind of thing happens.

My poor excuse for a country isn't dead yet, and i will try to do some damage before i get killed, next set (if you want to play again) we can always try to make our intentions known, but even that that doesn't guarantee us immunity from a coordinated attack.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:33:16

On a side note, i never really had a TEAM on this server and have been playing untagged for a few weeks. It is growing on me though, perhaps I can give it a more serious 'go' next round.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:39:05

you just compared ruining your life with a narcotic, to being a douche in a online game.....

No, I compared repentance and discernment being referred to as hypocrisy to repentance and discernment being referred to as hypocrisy.

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:46:14

where exactly is your repentance?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thunder Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:51:37

I don't know if you whiny girls have noticed or not, but all the rest of the servers of this game are geared to the netters. This server where team sizes are limited to 5 people and has rules put in place to maintain that size, is the only server where wars are the most frequent. its hard to gauge you both because on one hand you try to act brand new or rusty and on the other hand make posts to how my team plays this server and has played this server over time and that shows you've been around.

Elders plays in the best way to give us the fun we're looking for. This is our fighting server for all of us. Other servers we play together on, we spend like 4 or 5 minutes to play cause the general play for us has been peaceful hippy do your best by golly. Any 5 of us that play in a given round, yes there are more of us, on the Elders team, enjoys playing together and having fun this server allows us to.

Hell with honor codes or your rainbow 'here's your warning for us to attack you" wars. This server is the most fun server to play on. You don't have to worry about pacts or politics. Ya see in the Old West, gunfights were rare. that's why you can read about them. People remember them cause they didn't happen often. Like Wild Bill Hickock, he was shot by a young man while Bill was playing poker. the kid got the FS in, in case you don't get it. Wild Bill was dead. the gunfight, meeting out in the street is a bit of a romanticism of the Old West that in reality didn't happen all too often at all.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 16:59:33

where exactly is your repentance?

re·pent
rəˈpent/
verb
feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
"the priest urged his listeners to repent"
synonyms: feel remorse, regret, be sorry, rue, reproach oneself, be ashamed, feel contrite;

=======
re·pent·ance
rəˈpentəns/
noun
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse.
synonyms: remorse, contrition, contriteness, penitence, regret, ruefulness.

Repentance also involves turning away from repeating the transgression. In this case its, "Repeatedly stealing and spy opping people unprovoked" Which I've done. (Aside from defending against DrunkSEX's missiles)

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 17:02:00

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:03:08

that is some weak ass repentance. i refuse to accept it.

you need to be whipped through the streets and then have someone fluff with your countries for a couple sets

eye for an eye fluff around these parts.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:10:37

Thunder - For the record, I haven't uttered a single word of discontent! I will assume your post is not directed at me.

EDIT: And to be honest I 100% agree.

braden Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:10:58

buttman, youd be welcome to start weedylaII next reset and netgain (of course following the no landgrabbing rule), if weedylar has five again next set, but if not youd be most welcome.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:11:36

thanks bud!

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:24:02

that is some weak ass repentance. i refuse to accept it.

you need to be whipped through the streets and then have someone fluff with your countries for a couple sets

eye for an eye fluff around these parts.

And I said that's okay. Numerous times.
And I've said I deserve it. Numerous times.
I just don't feel I deserve it from people I didn't provoke.
Then we're back to "Team is the Wild West blablabla"

This is my first reset in Team. How was I supposed to know of the "Wild West nature of the server. If I had know that from the beginning, I would have never made a country in it in the first place. Wild West isn't what I'm here for.

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 17:27:35

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:28:09

then why are you fluffing about it happening to you!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:40:20

then why are you fluffing about it happening to you!

I welcomed retaliatory strikes in response to my thievery. And because DrunkSEX was never a target of any of my ops, this is not a retaliatory strike.

I was hitting Milehigh (56) and Lovey Dovey Roly Poly (44), and then I tried on the on Elders country and got caught.

Therefore, unless you're in Elders, (#56), or (#44), it's not a retal.

EDIT: Yes, I was risking getting retalled by the guy who is now #1

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 17:42:37

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:44:42

ah, so since you didnt fluff with them, they arnt allowed to fluff with you. you are only allowed to initiate hostilities. wait, you are sorry about all that so it doesnt factor in anymore.

i got it right yet?

you dont think that is a hypocrite? it is childish at the very least.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:58:03

ah, so since you didnt fluff with them, they arnt allowed to fluff with you. you are only allowed to initiate hostilities. wait, you are sorry about all that so it doesnt factor in anymore.

i got it right yet?

I didn't say they weren't allowed to do it. I'm mostly feeling that their reasons for doing so are crap, and their execution of their "Declaration of War" was lopsided and unfair.

How would you feel if you signed in one day to find your country was wiped out while you weren't looking, and the attacks that killed your country were completely unprovoked?

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:59:18

[quote poster=BUTTMAN; 36533; 662971]

A) Make netting intentions known, and do not instigate and fights
or
B) Coordinate our attacks and fight back. (Our tag is a SPAM tag by definition.. I created the tag and password, then sent it out to random untagged countries, i don't give us a whole lot of chance at winning a war)

Again, this kind of code is BS. Nobody cares in the team server. They will destroy you because they feel like it. Even f you are netting. All the netters were killed off. This happens every reset. So its BS. You can net and not provoke and they still kill you off.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 17:59:39

Now that I think about it:

If you guys were so scared of our big scary missiles, why didn't you just send spies in to diffuse them all?

You also didn't need to be scared of the missiles because You all have SDI out the wazoo!

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 18:03:06

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:00:35

i got it right yet?

I didn't say they weren't allowed to do it. I'm mostly feeling that their reasons for doing so are crap, and their execution of their "Declaration of War" was lopsided and unfair.

How would you feel if you signed in one day to find your country was wiped out while you weren't looking, and the attacks that killed your country were completely unprovoked?

i have played this game off and on for something like 20 years. that has happened to me dozens of times.... atleast now your spoiled ass has restart bonuses.

buckle down, put some effort in, and fight for your right to net.

or fluff about someone doing to you what you did to dozens of players before you saw a problem with it. it wont curry any favor.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 23rd 2015, 18:03:49
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thunder Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:03:04

No Buttman, you're cool. From what I have observed, you have a great understanding of this server. For the record, we were going to come after ya ;) DrunkSEX beat us to it. haha
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:06:54

Originally posted by Thunder:
No Buttman, you're cool. From what I have observed, you have a great understanding of this server. For the record, we were going to come after ya ;) DrunkSEX beat us to it. haha

You're in Elders right? If so, then personally, I would have preferred that.

At least my attitude would have been, "My bad guys! My duplicitous actions got us all killed lol!"