Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2015, 1:29:09

After the advent of several people posting various delicious and delicious sounding recipes for grub here, I thought that some of the other EE community memebers would have jumped up here and posted some epic fluff.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mFrost Game profile

May 18th 2015, 5:31:06

Hearty Beef Stew

Ingredients:
3 tsp olive oil or butter
*1 to 2 pounds of sirloin steak cut into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes (recently harvested off our hill)
1 cup finely chopped onion (mine was home grown from my mama's garden)
3 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 1/2 or so pounds of red potatoes cubed (fresh from our garden)
2 cups sliced carrots (anyone got tips on growing carrots, mine never do well)
1 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup spicy dry wine (and a glass for the cook)
1 tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh
pint of stewed tomatoes canned from last year, or 14.5 ounce can
1/2 tsp dried rosemary or a sprig of fresh
1 dried bay leaf ( they grow on trees here!)
pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat oil or butter in large dutch oven style pot over medium/high heat. Add beef, cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add onions and garlic, keep stirring for a couple of minutes until onion begins to brown. Add rest of the ingredients bring to a boil. Cover pot and turn heat to low. Simmer for an hour and then eat!

*You can also use stew meat but you will need to add liquid to meat and then simmer for an hour or two before adding vegetables. Which will increase cooking time to about 3 hours. It takes extra time to tenderize stew meat. The sirloin was tender and yummy with just the browning, it fell apart after an hour of cooking.

mFrost Game profile

May 18th 2015, 5:31:28

Chicken Fried Steak with Milk Gravy
Ingredients:

Cubed steak
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Milk

Place enough oil in a pan to coat the bottom, put that on medium heat while you prepare your steak. In a bowl, place 1 Cup flour and add 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (more if you prefer). Stir that up and then dredge your steak into the flour mixture coating both sides well. Place each piece of steak in pan and cook until browned on both sides. Remove steak to a plate while you make your gravy.

Place about 1/4 cup flour into skillet with meat drippings. Add a little more salt and pepper and stir this over medium heat until the flour is slightly browned. Slowly pour in 1 and 1/2 cups of milk, stirring constantly. continue stirring, with a wire whisk to help with lumps, over low heat until thickened and there are no lumps, (or at least not many!). Add a little more milk if you prefer thinner gravy. Return steaks to the pan and turn to coat with gravy on both sides.

You can serve steak and gravy together in a bowl or serve gravy on the side.

mFrost Game profile

May 18th 2015, 5:31:47

Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:

Oil or melted butter for greasing muffin tin, or paper liners

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tbsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or huckleberries!)

2 large eggs (or 3 or 4 small ones as our hens are just starting to lay)

1 cup milk

6 tbsp melted and cooled butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

finely grated rind of 1 lemon (you can leave this out as the muffin man did)

Directions:

preheat oven to 4oo degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and blueberries. Lightly beat the eggs in a large pitcher, then beat in the milk, oil, vanilla, and lemon rind. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined, do not overmix. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a abot 5 minutes, then serve.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2015, 11:15:27

Thank You, mfrost. :) You've got the idea. It would be nice if some of the other home cooks would come up here and post some of their winningest recipes for BBQ and such. We also have some Asian players and it wouldn't be bad to have some asian cooking methods up here since this is a world wide community.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2015, 17:06:38

Hmmm i could do that
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2015, 17:09:05

Stuffed Marmalade Chicken

Ingredients
10 Boneless chicken breasts
150 ml 10 Tbsp Butter or margarine
1 Chopped onion
1 stalk Chopped celery
1.25 L 5 cups Dry bread crumbs
80 ml 5 Tbsp Chives
5 ml 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
2.5 ml ½ tsp Salt
5 ml 1 tsp Pepper
125 ml ½ cup Milk

Marmalade Orange Sauce Ingredients
750 ml 3 cups Orange marmalade
90 ml 6 Tbsp Concentrated orange juice

Instructions

Remove skin from chicken breast
Melt butter in saucepan or frying pan.
Add onion and celery. Saute until onion is soft and clear. Remove from heat.
Add bread crumbs, chives, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix. Add more milk if needed to make dressing cling together.
Stir marmalade and concentrated juice together in saucepan over low heat. Spoon some over chicken breasts to bake.
Place chicken in baking dish. Divide stuffing between breasts to make a mound along the center length. Close and secure with picks.
Spoon some Marmalade Orange Sauce over top.
Bake uncovered in 325F / 160C oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
Serve on plates. Spoon additional sauce over slices. Serves 6 generously.
Finally did the signature thing.