Verified:

mFrost Game profile

May 10th 2015, 9:29:49

How do players know which countries are bots, and which ones are being played by a regular player?

Has a regular player's country ever been misidentified as a bot, or is there a list somewhere that identifies the country names being used by the bots? Just thinking there must be a risk in countries being misidentified and getting hit hard due to such a mistake...

UpTheIrons Game profile

May 10th 2015, 12:30:50

I'm not up to speed on what the bots looks like these days, but they used to have certain common trains like

- no spies
- all troops
- similar/same names?

I think they are still holding true to this,with certain modifications having been made. Are they grabbing yet?

Real players have disguised themselves as bots before to have fun. I think that is hysterical.

Vic Game profile

May 10th 2015, 12:43:40

they now can have spies, but one thing is still true they will always be 0(0)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2015, 12:46:38

The only reason that's true Vic is because of:

while($c->turns > 0){ 

There are easier ways to identifying the bots, I'm just not going to list them since Qjzul bot goal is to at some point eliminate the ability to detect which is a bot or not.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Vic Game profile

May 10th 2015, 12:49:26

well 0(0) is the easiest way to confirm if it's *not* a bot. as soon as you see a turn, move along

UpTheIrons Game profile

May 10th 2015, 12:55:28

[quote poster=Celphi; 36102; 653722]The only reason that's true Vic is because of:

while($c->turns > 0){ 

There are easier ways to identifying the bots, I'm just not going to list them since Qjzul bot goal is to at some point eliminate the ability to detect which is a bot or not. [/quote]

Wouldn't listing the identifying factors help move to that goal?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2015, 12:57:30

I suppose. But then I know how fast these things get fixed. :P

So I'd only be contributing to the furthering exploitation of the bots.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 11th 2015, 0:03:18

I know some of them :) and yea i plan to fix 'em! best laid plans...

Though some of the things are easier than others. Spies i should be able to get *some* going sooner than later, i hope
Finally did the signature thing.

mFrost Game profile

May 11th 2015, 0:50:37

Originally posted by Vic:
well 0(0) is the easiest way to confirm if it's *not* a bot. as soon as you see a turn, move along

thanx vic & UpTheIrons, hopefully it stays as such for a few resets, sure would like to refine my LGs without upsetting half the server ;p

perhaps another way is to send the country a message, if they reply then it is not a bot, if they do not reply and meet the 0(0) rule then I can consider it a bot.

----
thanx qzjul, I can understand keeping it a mystery to some extent, have learned quite a bit from you and slagpit in the past with the spreadsheets, and simulators. Keep up the good work.

------------

@celphi -- ya know I can probably figure it out over time, and asking was just my way of trying to keep innocent countries out of the crossfire while I test some ideas out for myself. In general i play all-x the bots just provide an added dimension, which could potentially allow for some added fun on my end.