Verified:

Alin Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 20:28:25

people should learn that 6000k jets and 800k turrets means mass farming ... specially when they retal way over 36 hours ...

Kevro Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 21:56:00

I'm with ya, Alin. anytime someone retals me and they are setup like that I'm tempted to ror, and often do

MountainYeti Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 22:17:20

^Absolutely worth it and I'm with Alin. All jetter retals are not legitimate in my book.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 22:24:08

Well I can't see anything illegitimate in retalling, however you go about it.

But I agree that disrupting a country to go jet heavy just for the satisfaction of bringing of a retal is a losing game. I am always on the lookout in the news for someone who has done this and I am far from the only predator who does so.

Kevro Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 22:30:27

I just don't like that the way gdi works almost condones that type of thing. By that I mean Going practically defenseless so that you can do huge retals in the hope that the larger player will not ror to avoid war.

Frybert Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 22:30:46

Originally posted by Shive:
Land Alin got from attacking me: 2326
Land lost to attacks from me : 2970

Add in the lost military, oil and turns, the question is: Was it worth it?

This is why I usually play all x.

Originally posted by MountainYeti:
^Absolutely worth it and I'm with Alin. All jetter retals are not legitimate in my book.

A retal is a retal, doesn't matter if someone considers it 'legitimate'. RoRing does nothing but open yourself to grieffing. Unless, of course you, manage bury them to the ground first.

llamky Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 23:03:42

because its much better to run commie and outrun retals and then get sad when people retal late and have to have heavy jets to do so.

Grow up you spastics.

Kevro Game profile

Oct 12th 2014, 23:26:10

I've had it happen playing other types of countries. It doesn't bother me when someone retals, but I do think it's funny when someone retals after leaving theirself nearly defense, and then they get butthurt when I ror. The fact that they can rely on gdi to ward off the ror is the messed up thing tho..

Craterus Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 9:32:07

It's not messed up, it's playing the game.

They make a a risk/benefit call on whether you want to war or not, and take a chance on you wanting a decent finish. The last 4 resets I can only see one example of a t10 finish after a RoR and that was presumably Alin. If your objective is the finish it ain't worth doing, particularly as it's probably set wrekcking for the otherside as well so they've not got a lot of interest in doing anything except making it rain cannon balls.

Alin Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 9:55:16

When i ROR all jets, finish does not matter anymore.

What people should learn from here is that :
1. there are some players that go all jets just to retal @ turn 1700 ( which by the way does not get anyone, anywhere )
2. there are some players ( me included ) that will farm to the ground all jeters.

P.S: I do agree that the farming on Craterus was kinda of a fluff move ( i could not resist the 300k jets SS). However, the second guy got what he deserved. His retal was @ 1700 turns - with land drooping included. His purpose was not even to use the land. Just to retal as an all jeter. So since his purpose was that, allow me to wreck his country than.

Kevro Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 16:56:52

Don't get me wrong, craterus, I understand people are just playing the game. I just think that's a flaw that gdi has at the moment.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2014, 17:21:20

I actually agree Kevro, but the other flaw is that if the person CAN'T make a jet retal, they don't have any option at all. Not saying they should be able to do whatever they want, if they're smaller getting attacked is natural, buuut...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 19:17:49

Yeah, the current GDI rules are crap.

Frybert Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 19:30:08

Personally I'm fine with GDI. Its not perfect, but it establishes a set of rules and protocol. Don't have GDI, its pretty much a free for all, have GDI, then you live within GDI rules.

That being said it is pretty messed up that GDI can make certain countries virtually retal proof.

Oct 13th 2014, 20:47:10

It should only protect you from countries that you haven't hit *at all,* not countries you've only hit twice. It twists up the incentive curve and throws off the balance, not to mention ensures new players won't stay.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 22:36:21

New players won't stay?

Oct 13th 2014, 22:52:18

If you get hit and have zero chance at a retal, and can't figure out why, are you going to stay and figure it out while a parade of countries systematically grab all your land?