Verified:

soroosha Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:02:28

As a techer, I'll probably have decent farm tech, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to break even in food or just go all research and buy the food.

At what price would you say is not worth buying food?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 22:07:38

As a techer, your farm tech doesn't matter in food production, because you should have all your land built into labs, which means no food production. Then you'll buy food, and you should always buy food. The best other option, if it gets somewhere obscene like $70+, is to sit and wait for cheaper food to come along. You can put in a standing order for cheaper food. But it's basically never worth it to make your own food unless you're a farmer. It's definitely never worth it for a techer to split strats, because tech production depends on the % of your land that is occupied by labs.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

soroosha Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:17:15

Ah, I see. Thank you.

braden Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:18:50

it at any time, i would imagine, behooves you to buy the food rather than to lose the turns.. assuming you're up against that particular wall, of course.

blid will tell you better, but i'd rather buy 125 a bushel than sit at 360(360) :/

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 22:19:33

well, im assuming you're not losing turns by waiting.

if youre losing turns by waiting the calculation is quite simple, just check if the food cost/expenses per turn is higher than the income you'd make by taking the turn
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Alin Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:59:22

anything bellow 45 is good in a normal set.