Verified:

General TwizTid

Jan 26th 2014, 6:05:27

I don't need 10 reasons why this game is going to hell, but what are some of your reasons you would think this game is going to be more than a fluffhole it already is?

My main one is the player base. Most of the player base are full grown and have lives. They used to argue with each other like most kids used to: "You stole my toyyyy!" "No I dinnnint!". Now it is the same, but with big words or more formal sentences thrown in: "You seem to have taken my action figure kind sir" "No sir, I don't believe I have".

The amount of people here that act so big and tough is ridiculous. I want to see some of these people fight each other to see who is more of a badass lol

What are some of your reasons?
PS I might forget I posted this... takes me about 2-4 days to remember this game exists.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Mapi xDWARx Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 6:10:31

Stay off the boards.........

The End........

TDA101 Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 6:13:35

There's no pictures! We clearly need more sex appeal.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 11:41:56

we need cheerleaders (male for femmes and gays and female for hetero males and lesbians) cheering us every time we make attack.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

MUFASA JACKSON Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 12:06:10

Where this used to be our "ball field" has now turned into the "local pub".
( ain't all bad...there's alwaze a fight or 2 in our parking lot still. )

P.S. eventually we'll ALL be dead or massive EM pulse will take the game out! Enjoy it for what it be.

and #3, I like the cheerleaders idea...that and CASH!
-----MUFASA

"I see with strobelight vision and I'm alwaze in a panic! My only skill is murder and I'm stuck on Automatic!"

Marshal Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 12:48:48

and strippers. :P

Twain Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 13:44:24

Originally posted by General TwizTid:
I don't need 10 reasons why this game is going to hell, but what are some of your reasons you would think this game is going to be more than a fluffhole it already is?

My main one is the player base. Most of the player base are full grown and have lives. They used to argue with each other like most kids used to: "You stole my toyyyy!" "No I dinnnint!". Now it is the same, but with big words or more formal sentences thrown in: "You seem to have taken my action figure kind sir" "No sir, I don't believe I have".

The amount of people here that act so big and tough is ridiculous. I want to see some of these people fight each other to see who is more of a badass lol

What are some of your reasons?
PS I might forget I posted this... takes me about 2-4 days to remember this game exists.

I actually disagree. There are certainly a few people who still have that attitude, but I think most people are much more mellowed out now than when it was E2025 and many of us were power hungry teenagers.

Of course, with the CC/NBK war and all, I think more of those people have risen from hiding in the background, so I'd understand if you only check in from time to time to see how things are going that you'd think that based on the boards right now, but most of us recognize this is a pretty minor part of our lives and that it's supposed to be for fun. Generally, everyone has a much higher respect level for each other, shown by the fact that clans like PANLV and TKO have been able to generally stay out of conflict by just avoiding conflict with the war clans and with a few exceptions, the netting clans are allowed to just sit back and play the game the way they want to (having said that, with all the talk on the boards it'll be interesting to see how next set plays out).

Twain Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 13:48:14

Oh, but why this game is declining, it's because it's a relic. It's a text-based game in a world of graphics-based games on virtually every platform. I would imagine most of us that keep getting hooked back into playing wouldn't get hooked into the game now if we were completely unfamiliar with it and simply came across the game.

And that's not meant to be some type of critique of the development team, it's just that without massive overhauls that would fundamentally change the game experience, there probably isn't a way to get back to this game having the same level of players that it once had in the late 90s and early 2000s when there wasn't anything better on the 'net.

Desperado Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 13:55:44

notto mention how much it would cost to do that twain

btw.. mapi you come home to me!!

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

kemo Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 16:50:42

we something like don knots shooting his foot when you accidentally missile the wrong country
all praised to ra

Dragon Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 19:49:08

Twain pretty much nailed it.

The sad part is that it's really a great community. A lot of us have known one another for, hell... 15 years or more now. That's the real value in the game.

If the player base doubled or tripled, things would be great. I'd love to see more "old timers" come back and play as well as see new faces.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 20:28:39

many "old timers" have grown past this game.

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 20:58:01

If everyone who cared.. truly tried to recruit people.. whether it be on social networking or simple neighborhood functions this game could easily grow.. i mean there are probably what like 500 active players if that.

if each found 2.. thats 3x the size!

kemo Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 23:22:57

tried to get my dog to play but she just licks the keyboard
all praised to ra

Jan 27th 2014, 0:00:01

she would probably have better forum manners than half the people here ;)

#thisismyblockyogetoffmyfluff

Raging Budda Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 1:06:36

The shrinking players base is #1., though it looks like some vets are coming back to the recuritying and the "pull" of the game I get when I was taking a long break. For me #2 in all honestly all of this "tweaking" of the rules by the admins has the ability to turn some people off this game. Some of the changes have been helpful, but changes to this game need to be gradual, minor changes. If the desired effect wasn't achieved, then maybe a slightly stronger change can be implemented after another reset or two.
Your base is mine!

Mapi xDWARx Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 1:56:10

Deperado! Long time no see lol

Marshal Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 20:29:27

budda: Mehul didn't do any changes (besides few things) and that led (amongst other reasons) playerbase dropping from ~20k to ~1k.

General TwizTid

Jan 27th 2014, 20:50:25

Oh nice replies :) I forgot about this thread but I am sitting here with half my mouth numb from the dentist almost having a panic attack because it was going away then came back full force... :( lol
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Desperado Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 21:03:21

half your brains numb anyways, so it works ;)

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Marshal Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 22:08:07

i know how you feel twiz.

Twain Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 23:53:22

I think the changes are generally a good thing. They keep the game far more interesting. As Marshal said, Mehul made no changes and just watched the game fade into obscurity. Now, to some degree, that was going to happen anyway for the reasons I said earlier (text-based game in a more advanced computing world), but with the way the game was neglected, that's more a reason for the player base to leave than a dev team that actually makes changes. Obviously, there's a lot of spite over the new changes, but generally their changes have been for the positive.

And to what BJ said, if we could all recruit 2 people, that'd be great, but this game has to compete with other forms of entertainment for people's time. And again, even knowing how much I've enjoyed playing this game, I wouldn't choose EE over any number of simple facebook games if it weren't for some of the people that I enjoy playing the game with and the fact that there's no learning curve for me since I already know how to play (No comments from you on the quality of my play, AngryJesus).

Jan 28th 2014, 0:17:03

lol.. i agree its antiquated but you get people in for the game.. and they stay for the people.. it takes but 10 minutes a day to run your countries/country