Verified:

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:00:07

I see this question come up a lot. I think there are two reasons why in my head I'm able to at least understand the decision to do this now, and not before.

1. LaF do not have the same history as RD. When RD returned to the game, (as far as I know) they basically had to ask to be allowed back. They made certain promises of reform and so on. Fool me once type of thing. RD already fooled us once. They started off with a shorter leash than LaF.

2. Hanlong/TC got banned for this. Obviously that was not enough of a deterrent to stop others. These attacks occurred in order to gain a political advantage in the game. The consequence needs to make the risk of those actions simply not be worth it. An alliance losing 2 or 3 countries in exchange for the information gathered might be an acceptable loss for certain leaders. That same alliance losing every single country is no longer an acceptable loss.

That having been said, we're a community. Yes we have mods and admins, but not that long ago we were all on the same playing field under Mehul. We're a pretty awesome and unique community. There are very few things in my life that I can say I've been a part of for the last 15 years. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this decision being made by only 3 people. I would think that the admins might have considered reaching out to certain trusted members of the community. A sort of disciplinary council or panel, if you will. If nothing else it would eliminate or reduce the appearance of bias. Maybe in the future something like this can be considered.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Atryn Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:33:56

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
I would think that the admins might have considered reaching out to certain trusted members of the community.

They did, just not in the form you are thinking. Lots of people had to do work on researching logs and sending info to the admins. Some of them had to look at the leaked files to determine who was at risk and when the breach occurred, etc.

There were more than 3 people doing the work on this. There were more than 3 people consulted on the appropriate disciplinary action. Although it was those 3 that have the final decision.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:37:27

i find it strange that nobody cares about the SECURITY issue that having passwords stolen is.

why the hell do you guys seem to care so much about this stupid game?

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:41:54

laf has EVERY SINGLE fluffING HISTORY RD DOES

you people are retarded. retarded. if you're a colour in rd, you have access to laf, openly and freely. if you're a don or even a semblence of leader in laf, you have open and free access to rd.

if you delete one, you delete the other. if pang played in one for twelve years, he played in or IMMEDIATELY BENEFITED FROM the other.

rd and pang go so far back it is a joke that anybody, anybody, listen to word one of his.

Son Goku Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:44:37

Originally posted by braden:
if you're a colour in rd, you have access to laf, openly and freely. if you're a don or even a semblence of leader in laf, you have open and free access to rd.

You're trying too hard, give it up.

Twink Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:45:40

Originally posted by Son Goku:
if you're a colour in rd, you have access to laf, openly and freely. if you're a don or even a semblence of leader in laf, you have open and free access to rd.

You're trying too hard, give it up.

He also makes no sense at all.

Like listening to the ramblings of a crazy person.

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:47:36

sg, check colours board, bud.

Son Goku Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:49:25

sg, check colours board, bud.

Feel free to tell me what color I am, I always find it amusing.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:49:56

what's my color? i was never informed of it.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:50:16

i just though of an awesome color:

Mr. Colorblind

wooo?

Vic Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:51:42

sg is actually frog bu !!

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:52:25

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by hawkeyee:
I would think that the admins might have considered reaching out to certain trusted members of the community.

They did, just not in the form you are thinking. Lots of people had to do work on researching logs and sending info to the admins. Some of them had to look at the leaked files to determine who was at risk and when the breach occurred, etc.

There were more than 3 people doing the work on this. There were more than 3 people consulted on the appropriate disciplinary action. Although it was those 3 that have the final decision.

Fair enough
Minister
The Omega

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:53:15

yea, thats clever, you know i can never reveal this on at lest i lose my own

(or am i the one who's clever, knowing i can say i can never say :P)

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:53:37

no, when i am president vic, no frog bus allowed. period.

smlandau84 Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:53:55

braden, you cheater. You got deleted for cheating, cheater.

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 3:56:43

at least i'm not a schmelt

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2013, 4:01:56

Braden is not a cheater.

I completely and totally trust him. I had the honor of serving with him in Monsters and have nothing but the highest regard for him.

It really does bother me that him and some other clean players are caught up in this.
Z is #1

Son Goku Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 4:10:16

yea, thats clever, you know i can never reveal this on at lest i lose my own

(or am i the one who's clever, knowing i can say i can never say :P)

IT'S A TRAP

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 4:14:34

servant is good people, and him and trife fifteen years later are proof that you can be "enemies" but still perfectly be friends

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 4:16:15

SG.. you're the devil because you ran laf after tc and hlw did their fluff.. you and eugene both deserve to be deleted.

why? the same reason i was, we play beside people who cheat. apparently other peoples transgressions now get you deleted.

play clean and respectful to the point where not a single member of the community has anything bad to say about *you*? deleted.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 4:20:32

SG.. you're the devil because you ran laf after tc and hlw did their fluff.. you and eugene both deserve to be deleted.

needs to be my new sig.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2013, 5:17:33

Braden,

when were we enemies?

I never know of this:)
Z is #1

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 5:37:20

you're aces, servant. you could knife me in an alley and i'd be hard stretched to call you anything but a friend

bertz Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 5:45:38

Originally posted by euglaf:
what's my color? i was never informed of it.

I heard it is Mr. Fuchsia

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 6:44:31

an actual colour fuchsia was

i would've said heliotrope but nobody knows what a trope is, let alone a heliotrope :(

only my second favourite colour of purple, heh

Alin Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 7:11:02

some interesting things you can learn when fluff hits the fan!

Just by the intensity of braden posts ( in poker we call the phenomenon tilt+all inn)i don`t think this guy had anything to do with the current state of hacking/cheating.

locket Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 7:12:45

Braden is a giant noob. If he hacked he'd probably delete his and my countries by accident :P

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 7:14:33

i can barely remember my OWN password, let alone anybody elses :(

but tropes are fun, and even more english is fun.. fluff.. do any of you read?

silentwolf Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 8:41:51

Muahaha. Damn this is interesting.

Weeeedy, Just get off AT.

Go smoke some good stuff and chill.

How come I am not a color?

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 8:58:06

I think retrospective action should be taken against LaF. Change the deletion message to "Your country has been deleted because RD members demanded so, lol".

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 8:59:33

yea, you were RED, no?

if only you fluffing knew.

sw: i am not president yet, once i am, seawolf SHALL RISE AGAIN!

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 12:55:13

Thanks for hijacking my thread, bum-bum face!
Minister
The Omega

Trife Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:21:52

servant is good people, and him and trife fifteen years later are proof that you can be "enemies" but still perfectly be friends

this made my heart mushy and warm