Oct 24th 2013, 17:28:07

Heston Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 17:46:59

Good post
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2013, 17:56:52

Yep, the gap between the rich and the poor has grown so large that it's ludicrous to even try to measure it. Now that the middle class is being hit hard by loss of employment opportunity, the gap will widen faster and eventually will result in either a massive genocide to eliminate the great unwashed, or a totalitarian state to force labor camps onto the great unwashed in order to deal with shrinking resources being demanded by ever more desperate groups of people.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

trumper Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 17:58:45

Yes, the wealthy have more money than the poor. Lots more. And people think there should be more wealthy people and less poor people. Not really revelations here.

I laughed as he chose 2009 data to use given how much of "wealth" as defined by many is tied to the real estate market. With equities, he referred to the middle class owning only 7%. Fascinating given pensions have over 15% alone and they're not sole-sourced or top 1%-sourced. But yes, there is a gap between rich and poor if you define it by wealth.

Standard of living, life expectancy, etc have also all spiked over time, but those don't define "wealth" or do they? It's really a question of how you want to frame it all.

Mr Jade

Oct 25th 2013, 8:45:23

Also... the life expectancy thing... there's the fact that not everyone can afford adequate health care, and many people die everyday from things that with some preventative medicine, or an operation could save your life. It's pretty damned sad how saving people's lives has turned into a business decision.

Erian Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 10:34:17

I've read about this several times before. It gets more real when presented like that though. It really is ludicrous, and shows just how corrupted we've let our capitalistic system become. :(

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 15:12:18

are we complaining about being poor again? but we have free love. All's We Need Is Love... and more crack addict face eating zombies.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

trumper Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 21:04:15

Originally posted by Mr Jade:
Also... the life expectancy thing... there's the fact that not everyone can afford adequate health care, and many people die everyday from things that with some preventative medicine, or an operation could save your life. It's pretty damned sad how saving people's lives has turned into a business decision.

The worldwide average life expectancy is around 70 years old now. 50 years ago, it was 52. At the same time the video's distribution of wealth has drastically changed.

So it's not all doom and gloom. Particularly in the U.S. where the expectation exists that everyone owns a mobile phone and the notion of a 900 sf rancher working for a famnily of four is considered substandard. Sometimes even when the wealthy's tide rises, it lifts all boats.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2013, 11:52:30

We need to seriously take a step back and look at our condition. It's not really about the money from the big picture perspective, it's about surviving as a species.

We are at a critical tipping point right now. We can continue using up resources like we have been and die, or we can change things for the better and live.

The status quo will kill us.

XiQter MD Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 11:57:48

vote for putin, vote for change!

Alin Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 13:15:58

Originally posted by XiQter MD:
vote for putin, vote for change!

I can see the sarcasm over there , but I don`t think that`s the idea. In Russia the situation is pretty much the same and so is in the rest of the world. "Dubai"? wtf is that? If you imagine Dubai to be the center of a circle with a radius of 1000 miles you'll notice that inside that circle people are basically starving of hunger while one solo entity is drinking 100.000 $ bottles of wine in that center.

No matter how you look at it - that is simply: not right.

The end of this is predictable. The 1% will take advantage of the 99% until there will be no need for the 99%.

Edited By: Alin on Oct 26th 2013, 13:53:52
See Original Post

Oct 26th 2013, 14:29:38

last one left please remember to turn off the machines.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2013, 14:52:42

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
last one left please remember to turn off the machines.

+1

Atryn Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 15:22:42

Originally posted by Alin:
If you imagine Dubai to be the center of a circle with a radius of 1000 miles you'll notice that inside that circle people are basically starving of hunger while one solo entity is drinking 100.000 $ bottles of wine in that center.

TY Alin, I am heartened by the fact that you are still using US Currency as your standard... We're not quite dead yet!

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 21:14:16

Originally posted by Cerberus:
blahblahblahblatherblahblah...
We are at a critical tipping point right now. We can continue using up resources like we have been and die, or we can change things for the better and live.

Sure, I'll get right on that...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Oct 27th 2013, 8:23:19

Originally posted by Cerberus:

i just reduced my monthly internet data by 1/2. will only be using 2Gs per month of the internet to get drunk and procrastinate from now on. happy?

well, the advertisers will be using 1.5Gs per month. not sure that i spout out more than a hundred million words of nonsense every month.

Edited By: GodHead Dibs on Oct 27th 2013, 8:30:18
See Original Post
Dibs Ludicrous was here.