Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 14:24:22

Specifically, I keep getting my e-file rejected while using their online freefillableform site, and the error code makes no sense. I have to add a form 2555(foreign earned income exclusion), and it won't accept it for some reason. Keeps sending me an email stating: Field/Xpath: /efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS2555EZ[1]/efile:ForeignEarnIncExclRevokedInd[1]
Issue : Business Rule X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation.

Halp!

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 14:55:50

http://www.irs.gov/...tions_and_Corrections.pdf

Have you put data in any of those grey boxes you weren't supposed to?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

tellarion Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 15:10:21

Hmmm, I changed something and re-submitted. Hopefully it works this time!

Mr. Iris Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 15:12:13

I hope you get audited.
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

tellarion Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 15:16:36

I probably will. I'm trying to launder money, after all. I don't even live in the US, but I still pay taxes to support you! Enjoy :)

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 15:21:13

Thanks for your contribution... from what I read, we need it.

Trife Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 15:31:34

Originally posted by tellarion:
I probably will. I'm trying to launder money, after all. I don't even live in the US, but I still pay taxes to support you! Enjoy :)

Are you an american citizen? Then you're gonna pay taxes no matter where you live.. There are ways to change that though if you really don't want to pay taxes :P

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 25th 2013, 15:47:03

The fun part: be a US citizen and work in canada for more than 180 days.
Canada taxes residents (not citizens) regardless of country of origin/citizenship. Then you get to pay taxes to both!:P
Fortunately there is a tax treaty to help offset your pain though:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

tellarion Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 15:52:11

I 'think' I've filled out all the boxes correctly. The error code doesn't really direct me to the proper box, however :/

Thanks for the link though, nuke. I sent in a help request to the email address listed there. Hopefully I get someone that can translate legalese for me :/

Trife Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 17:02:21

Also check out FEIE If you pay more in x countries taxes than you owe in u.s. taxes Then you won't owe The u.s. anything. If you pay less you'll only have to pay the differerence.

Do you actually owe the us anything?

If so you're not paying much over seas and if you want to enjoy the benefits of u.s. citizenship you've gottaay for them :)

tellarion Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 17:19:47

I should be getting a small refund from the feds. I don't make enough to exceed the exemption, which is like 97k/year or so.

I just can't make their efile system accept the damn forms :(

henrik Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 17:55:46

Marshal1

Jun 25th 2013, 19:32:05

don't pay taxes and all your problems will get solved.
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

braden Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 23:03:44

trifey: if you're an american citizen, do not live or work there at any time in the year, but lets say live in.. australia, and you own and operate a beach surf hut thing (whatever they call them), you are obligated to file your yearly american taxes as if you worked at a burger king in montgomery all year?

how would the irs have any clue what so ever what you earn or spend on said australian beach?

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 4:14:47

Originally posted by braden:
trifey: if you're an american citizen, do not live or work there at any time in the year, but lets say live in.. australia, and you own and operate a beach surf hut thing (whatever they call them), you are obligated to file your yearly american taxes as if you worked at a burger king in montgomery all year?

how would the irs have any clue what so ever what you earn or spend on said australian beach?

As a US citizen, the IRS would have every right to go to that Australian beach and audit your surf hut. Those countries that would restrict the IRS from demanding to see your financial documents most likely would not restrict them from punishing you for not providing the documents. Once you file US taxes, the IRS expects to see your taxes filed each year.
-Angel1

h2orich Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 4:36:31

Look for your 'Manage' Button and change your tax rate to 70%.

Trife Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 6:18:36

Originally posted by braden:

If you don't file taxes for a few years, i'd wager that you would have a fun time coming back to the states or perhaps shortly after coming back.

As to how they can determine how much you make at the Mexican strip club as a booty shaking hottie, Im not quite sure.