Verified:

Zahc Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 21:22:23

alot of traders already switched govs to stock but i still see some people trading. if your interested pm me. im having hard time finding ppl. prefer 40k+ but willing to trade with anyone aslong as we work it out to be beneficial to both of us
llort orp s`fos

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 21:43:06

more land = bigger priv etc
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

iScode Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:26:24

die landtraders!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ZIP Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:27:02

so we have come to advertising on AT for landtrading?

when is someone going to say enough is enough.

keep signing l:l - f00ls
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:46:45

100% l:ls or 80% l:ls?

SirSepher Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 0:22:00

See.... L:L or 1:1 in most of these exchanges would be the same... everyone's still exchanging within 80% L:L with 1 hit... your logic is flawed.
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

ZIP Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 0:46:57

you have not seen the true power of landtrading. As people get more organized you will see.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Zahc Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 7:09:59

Originally posted by ZIP:

its not against the rules right?
llort orp s`fos

iScode Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 8:10:17

no but when i grab your fat arse country with no defence dont expect more than 1 retal :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 11:20:37

luck with that scodey.

ZIP Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 11:39:44

if SOF says you get 1 retal .... you get 1 retal.

ZIP Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 11:42:02

Originally posted by Zahc:
Originally posted by ZIP:

its not against the rules right?

by all means is it not against the rules

tisya Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 12:50:12

Originally posted by Marshal:
more land = bigger priv etc

Wait a sec, more land = bigger privates? So..I should be searching for the guys with the most land then..interesting..
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

ZIP Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 13:34:59

you heard it here folks from the horses mouth...

BHC ftw !!

H is for horse !!

tellarion Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 13:47:34

Tisya, I have lots of land :)

trumper Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 16:37:47

Stock raiders meet land traders....sounds like some bad financial movie.

archaic Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 16:45:34

Originally posted by iScode:
no but when i grab your fat arse country with no defence dont expect more than 1 retal :P

One is all we need scode, but you go ahead and keep camping DRs to bottom feed ok, right?

It always giggles me when people who could not net if their lives depended on get indignant about how other people netgain.

Change, nooooo!
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

keivisuaL Game profile

Mar 11th 2013, 3:08:01

landtrading is ghey. too ghey.
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

archaic Game profile

Mar 11th 2013, 3:09:33

all-x and/or bottom-feeding is moar ghey

Dissidenticn

Mar 11th 2013, 5:44:05

either landtrade or be a carebear allx boringness...

i choose landtrading

oats Game profile

Mar 11th 2013, 6:08:56

man up and hit somebody chaz. who cares what they think.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 2:11:47

I know I have been away for a while
But
What the fluff is land tradeing? And is it as tre hugging as it sounds?
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Zahc Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 2:43:25

its ghost acre abuse to gain land
llort orp s`fos

braden Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 2:52:13

abuse?

when you explore, or when you cash, is it explore or cash abuse?
it must be, as you gain something allowed by the literal math of the game?

Zahc Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 4:58:32

its allowed but frowned upon by many
llort orp s`fos

Mar 13th 2013, 13:16:36

so if we take land from people who land trade do we get more land?
but what do i know?

Armadillo Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 15:58:03

Player 1 grabs player 2 gets 2000 acres + 800 ghost acres
Player 2 retals player 1 gets 2000 acress + 800 ghost acres

Both players gains 2800 acres and lose 2000 for a net gain of 800, it's grabing expecting to be retaled but both make out on the deal.

braden Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 16:34:41

anytime you landgrab somebody not untagged or spam tag, realistically you expect to be retalled.. the fact you aren't being a prick but benefiting both of you is merely good form; polite.

Vic Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 16:54:13

and further, weedsy, not only is it 'good form', but it's also most economically efficient to optimize landtrading effect.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 17:45:40

Originally posted by Vic:
and further, weedsy, not only is it 'good form', but it's also most economically efficient to optimize landtrading effect.

This.

Originally posted by braden:
anytime you landgrab somebody not untagged or spam tag, realistically you expect to be retalled.. the fact you aren't being a prick but benefiting both of you is merely good form; polite.

And this.

I'm not sure what the vitriol is all about here. To me, exchanging multiple hits within a 24 hour period, or using the same tactics to trade within a tag, are pushing the envelope. But grabbing someone and being retalled in such a way that both sides benefit? That just sounds like common sense to me. In fact, it removes a lot of the tension from this game. It's in everyone's best interest to NOT fluff the other guy over...

iScode Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 21:20:47

common sense, its a game, your meant to want to beat the other person, not your non allies gain or have benefits, you want to minimise their benefits as much as possible. Though i never understood netters at all.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

anoniem Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 21:46:55

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by iScode:

One is all we need scode, but you go ahead and keep camping DRs to bottom feed ok, right?

It always giggles me when people who could not net if their lives depended on get indignant about how other people netgain.

Change, nooooo!

LOL... as if anyone in pdm could finish in the top 100 without landtrading.
re(ally)tired

anoniem Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 21:57:05

p.s. the fact that this is even a thread on a supposedly "COMPETITIVE" game is a joke.

why isn't this game growing?
-> it has lost its competitive factor in every way possible - seeing as organised landtrading is now equivalent to a gangbang on non-organised "landtraders".
re(ally)tired

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 22:28:48

Originally posted by anoniem:
p.s. the fact that this is even a thread on a supposedly "COMPETITIVE" game is a joke.

why isn't this game growing?
-> it has lost its competitive factor in every way possible - seeing as organised landtrading is now equivalent to a gangbang on non-organised "landtraders".

it's not growing because most people are discouraged about using math.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 22:29:53

oh, the game was growing before we started organized landtrading?

braden Game profile

Mar 13th 2013, 22:30:19

i'm awful at math, dibs, and i manage to do alright every once in a while

anoniem Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 0:19:37

i didn't say it was growing prior to this "organised landtrading", but it might discourage "some" people from continuing to play.

don't get me wrong i used to be all for grabbing pacts, so as to not screw people over; however, it started getting ridiculous and i lost all interest in netting. it gets to a stage where it just depends on how many friends you have in other alliances willing to trade with you, rather than making random "friendly" grabs and getting retalled "legitimately". i suppose it's all down to how you view the whole thing.

that's just my lowly opinion anyway.
re(ally)tired

braden Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 0:46:52

i wouldn't say it's lowly, you aren't necessarily wrong. nobody elses opinion carries any more weight than yours.

archaic Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 0:48:29

Anon, you sound like a primitive flint chipper whose jealous of metal tools. I can't understand people that are so hung up on keeping this game in 1999. How on earth have you let a game with under 1k players pass you by dude? And for the record Balin and Big Ben have both proven they can make the top 10 without land trading.

iScode, landtraders get fluffed over all the time, its an occupational hazard that they have to accept. They are like baby sea turtles, for each one that makes the top ten - there are many more that get eaten by the crows.

iScode Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 4:50:12

are you calling me a crow???? :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

braden Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 13:43:57

not sure, but he may have accused you of being involved in a murder

(collective nouns are fun)

Mar 14th 2013, 15:59:54

so top feeding land trading is ok?
but what do i know?

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 17:00:31

Aid chains, land farms, market buyouts, retal hoarding, abuse of free off/res alliances, free land, and landtrading all fall under the same bracket.

The problem is that the last one has been allowed to flourish to the extent that all average netgainers want to do it because it suddenly makes them above average, and the top tier netgainers have to do it so as not to get beaten by average netgainers.

But the problem is both political and admin related. The admins pushed for this bs excuse for netgaining, and no one stood up against it strong enough, so now its here and anyone that wants to play a legitimate country hasn't got a chance at rank 1 anymore.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 17:08:55

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
Aid chains, land farms, market buyouts, retal hoarding, abuse of free off/res alliances, free land, and landtrading all fall under the same bracket.

The problem is that the last one has been allowed to flourish to the extent that all average netgainers want to do it because it suddenly makes them above average, and the top tier netgainers have to do it so as not to get beaten by average netgainers.

But the problem is both political and admin related. The admins pushed for this bs excuse for netgaining, and no one stood up against it strong enough, so now its here and anyone that wants to play a legitimate country hasn't got a chance at rank 1 anymore.

I still don't understand how landtrading isn't legitimate...

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 17:54:59

It's not legitimate in the traditional sense of netgaining. There are plenty of newbs that will argue differently, but the fact is landtrading was kicked out of e2025 because everyone saw it as bs, the only reason it exists here is because people have things to fight over already, if there was a large alliance with nothing to fight over landtraders would be the first ones killed.

While I see it as a problem that most people are creating this new idea of what netgaining is which it is essentially based on how much aid you want to get, I suppose not everyone sees that as a problem/illegitimate.

Some fool that has no idea about netgaining will soon enough come out with the "its an alliance server" line, they always do.

Edited By: SolidSnake on Mar 14th 2013, 17:57:29
See Original Post

Magellaan Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 18:07:32

it's an alliance server!
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 14th 2013, 18:15:15

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
It's not legitimate in the traditional sense of netgaining. There are plenty of newbs that will argue differently, but the fact is landtrading was kicked out of e2025 because everyone saw it as bs, the only reason it exists here is because people have things to fight over already, if there was a large alliance with nothing to fight over landtraders would be the first ones killed.

While I see it as a problem that most people are creating this new idea of what netgaining is which it is essentially based on how much aid you want to get, I suppose not everyone sees that as a problem/illegitimate.

Some fool that has no idea about netgaining will soon enough come out with the "its an alliance server" line, they always do.

I don't see how landtrading equates to aid. And considering Laf, Sof, Rival, MD, Lcn, Tie, PDM, Evo, RD, Omega, Sol, DKnights and Icn all participate in 'landtrading', who is left to kill the landtraders?

And finally, what is 'traditional netgaining'? Do you mean back when there were hundreds of untagged countries and hordes of smaller alliance to provide land for players to bottomfeed? The reality of the situation is that this type of netgaining isn't viable for the majority of the server...so what are we left with? Everyone plays all-x except for a handful of techers who farm the living hell out of the handful of untagged countries remaining?

Forgotten

Mar 14th 2013, 18:22:49

Land Trading creates land out of nothing.

it's just the same as printing your own money.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Zahc Game profile

Mar 15th 2013, 6:22:38

i agree with snake. traditional netting is almost non-existant tho in EE. i have always been against landtrading and remember back in e2025 when people were doing it SoF would kill them(Ivan didnt like trading) but traditional netting is boring now that bottomfeeding or camping DRs is almost impossible. So landtrading brings a little more fun actually doing attacks with turns instead of hitting the cash button for a month straight. so i tried it this set and had a blast. will most likely finish my highest NW ever. than back to killing stuff next set
llort orp s`fos

Klown Game profile

Mar 15th 2013, 6:39:21

This game is absolutely terrible