Verified:

TAN Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 14:55:09

Hey all.

I've decided to quit permanently - I'll be finishing up the set with my country, but have stepped down as president of Paradigm effective immediately. The selection process for a successor is underway and almost complete, I think.

I'm stepping down because this game is fluffty and so are the people that play in it. I'm sick of the status quo, I'm sick of the bullying. This game isn't fun anymore.

You guys can whine and deflect blame all you want, but you know who you are. Those that make this game suck can continue living in denial as vets slowly trickle away from the game because of your actions.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:02:43

sad to see you go TAN. :( You will be missed.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:13:59

See ya in a few months. :)

Earth is for life. I quit for same reasons... came back and left again... a few times. Currently I am hoping it got better with the change to EE. I am glad to be just another grunt. Leadership is stressful. Good luck in your newly acquired spare time!

~CC
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 20th 2012, 15:15:13

or retire and be staff.. that's what I did:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Son Goku Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:17:06

Didn't you just come back?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2012, 15:32:29

Good luck to you. I suspect you'll be back in some capacity. We've all quite at least once before :p

madjsp Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:32:58

There are some pretty good mafia games going on...
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

UltraMarines Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:44:40

You will be missed TAN! I hope to see you around in the mafia

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 20th 2012, 15:54:44

join sol.

sol.ghqnet.com
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Trife Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:58:02

Take care TAN, hope you and your family have a happy holiday season.

Vic Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 16:07:23

TAN, i have a great deal of a respect for you man. Sorry to see you leaving.

Although, one observation:
seems like lots of post 2004 guys are leaving and the true old timers are coming back.

so can't complain about this ;)

butttt, stick around for a little while. i think things are going to get pretty fun again. and we should see lots of activity across all servers.
if not, gl with the game of RL

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2012, 16:14:21

take care mate
you know where to come back to :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

tisya Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 16:35:34

Copycat :P
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

133tz Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 16:46:08

you're a whiner in itself :)
I am an EE noob.

Vic Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 16:48:03

TAN is cool in my book .

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2012, 16:55:08

play mafia
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

aponic Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:14:01

Later TAN. Hope to see you on irc
SOF
Cerevisi

Pride Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:14:30

Sorry to see you go TAN.

CandyMan Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:29:56

Can I apply for president of PDM. I'm gonna turn that ship around.

Schilling Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:31:11

TAN, Monsters is recruiting. Send me a PM if interested. Cheers.

:)

iTarl Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:35:47

bye

iNouda Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:43:03

Lol.

KriSatZ Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:05:05

Sorry to see that.

Providing you don't have an impostor on our irc channel for the last so many months, you where always a pleasure and helped me a great deal in some of my countries. Heck, only until 2 months ago I didn't even know you where in a different alliance.

Good luck to everything inside or outside the game.

Also... join a different alliance, get the fire back.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:10:02

Yeah. LoL. I've been chuckling for a few minutes, and I now remember why.

First, I'm going to make an assumption that TAN is quitting because of actions taken by LaF on PDM countries. If this assumption is incorrect, please proceed to the next post immediately, for what I am about to say is pointless.

----------------------------------

Hey, TAN, remember what happened back in mid-2009? That reset where LaF blindsided EVO for blaming LaF for that suicider? Remember what you told EVO when EVO asked you (PDM, EVO's FDP at the time) for help in fighting LaF? You told EVO that you wanted to forge "a new friendship" with LaF, because PDM and LaF hadn't had the best relationship then. And then, about 3 weeks after EVO ceasefired with LaF, LaF FSed PDM. I chuckled quite heartily then.

For some reason, PDM has always had the curious inability to not repeat history over and over again. Whether it's being FSed by LaF or FSed by SoF, PDM just can't seem to catch a break. And you, TAN, have been there for pretty much all of it. PDM will have a couple resets of war with their enemy, then try to mend their relationship with their enemy, only to realize that their enemy is still their enemy about a reset later.

Why, TAN? Why do you never see it coming? You've experienced it for several years now, and every time, you fall into the same hole. Well, I should probably amend that by saying that PDM falls into the same hole. Pang experienced it first-hand when he led (or advised, can't remember which) PDM. Is it because you simply have no choice? I mean, LaF is a pretty big alliance, with pretty big friends.

Is it because you don't know how LaF plays this game? You have played this game for years, now. LaF in general is not a very friendly alliance, mostly because of people in leadership. In fact, I have said this before, and I'm going to say it again: LaF is this server's cancer.

To make this short, all I'm going to say is that you should have seen it coming.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 20th 2012, 18:22:46

seen what coming? what has laf done that was so wrong?

Has PDM not come out ahead in the exchanges (both sides have), was that not the point?

TAN is pissy because of instead of doing what I said I was going to do when I got home from work last night, I got distracted by something else instead.

There is nothing sinister about that, it just means I have a life outside of the game. So sorry about that :P

archaic Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:24:44

Thanks for all the fish TAN!

Sadly, he wont be back. The game is almost dead and a lot of folks are now trying to hasten the end. The smart ones are getting out.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Chewi Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:25:52

Originally posted by KriSatZ:
Sorry to see that.

Providing you don't have an impostor on our irc channel for the last so many months, you where always a pleasure and helped me a great deal in some of my countries. Heck, only until 2 months ago I didn't even know you where in a different alliance.

Good luck to everything inside or outside the game.

Also... join a different alliance, get the fire back.

Mr Tan and TAN are two different people.

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:28:35

Yeah, Mr Tan is from RD, and TAN is ...currently closing the door behind him, making sure the doorknob won't penetrate him when he turns his back on it.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

mider Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:42:11

join me

TAN Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 19:09:06

NukEvil is correct.

And fluff off h4. I'm getting sick of sucking up to you just to get a pact. You remember that year when we fought off and on the entire time? You were head FA. After we signed a pact, you stepped down. Now you're back again, and guess what? We're back on the brink of war because you're an uncompromising fluffhead.

NukEvil is correct. Your alliance is a cancer to this game. I hope to god you don't act the same way in real life. You guys are the same attitude as the fluffs running big business - cutthroat and don't give a fluff about anyone except yourselves. Why don't you help try and fix the game and do something altruistic for once?

I won't even bother posting our convo. Everyone knows you're full of fluff.

You offer to look into a pact and would send it immediately. 24 hours later, nothing.

How Pang (or Requiem, two players I know) can play in your alliance is beyond me. You're sick sociopaths. Your alliance is like Patrick Bateman. Accept some responsibility for once. Your alliance is a plague to this game.

How many people have quit due to Paradigm? How many have quit due to LaF? I rest my case. The funny thing is, you're an adult and you act like a petulant child, passing the blame and crying instead of accepting some sort of responsibility. And that you WON'T EVER is why I'm quitting.

It's like those morons who think vaccines are unhealthy. Everyone tells you you're wrong but you refuse to believe it simply because you're an idiot.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

archaic Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 19:14:45

H4xor has been a bigger blight on the game than pretty much anybody that ever played, even guys like ronnie and grammy were not as bad as him. He makes a lot of people wish hanlong was back.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 20th 2012, 19:17:34

You are such an over emotional piece of fluff.

Go ahead and post our convo, it will simply show everyone that I'm reasonable and that you are a fluffing moron.

First you come to me piss drunk and then start acting like an idiot because you misinterpret what I said, and now you flip out because I don't email you fast enough.

Get the fluff over it. As I said I got distracted, talk to anyone and they'll say that is common with me, especially recently. Even Evo can tell you that when I say "I'll send you the updated pact terms right away" generally means "within the next 24 hours" and at the time you made this post it had been barely 12 hours since we had last conversed.

I'm not going to apologize for treating this game as though it isn't the #1 priority in my life, nor will I feel bad for treating a game like a game.

So in summary, good riddance.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 19:29:15

It is irresponsible to say you will do something immediately and say you actually meant tomorrow or in 24 hours or at your convenience, just saying. I've always said the so called 'leaders' on this server are garbage. None could probably run a McDonalds. Although running a McDonalds is pretty tough to do. H4 is probably African or Asian, so immediately actually means whenever, lol.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 20th 2012, 19:36:16

Originally posted by TAN:
Hey all.

I've decided to quit permanently - I'll be finishing up the set with my country, but have stepped down as president of Paradigm effective immediately. The selection process for a successor is underway and almost complete, I think.

I'm stepping down because this game is fluffty and so are the people that play in it. I'm sick of the status quo, I'm sick of the bullying. This game isn't fun anymore.

You guys can whine and deflect blame all you want, but you know who you are. Those that make this game suck can continue living in denial as vets slowly trickle away from the game because of your actions.

Heh, guess I am not the only person feeling this way lately. Good Luck Tan.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Speaker Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 19:36:53

You better stop by for mafia once in a while TAN! It was a pleasure sort of getting to know you.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 20th 2012, 19:39:40

you all need to chillax.
I'm closing this thread before it turns into another flame war (and I'm watching those of you who are instigating it..)

Sorry to have to do this to your thread tan:(

Tan's presence will definitely be missed.
I DEMAND TAN HANG OUT ON IRC!

++martian
AT head of tan (forever)
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 20th 2012, 23:43:18

as a condition for this thread being opened, anyone who flames will be 24 hour banned...
k thx
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Havoc Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 23:48:43

*shoots flames out of his hands at martian*

All the best TAN.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Erian Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 0:02:35

But, but, but, the flames?

Oh we are all playing with fire here!

anoniem Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 0:03:04

welcome to the pardy boys!!
re(ally)tired

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 0:23:30

Bye TAN, i suggest you leave the boards... or you'll keep getting sucked back in

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2012, 1:00:27

ok, having skimmed the thread... sad to see you go TAN, obviously. Your contribution to the game and PDM is immense, regardless of the fact I flamed you for like 85% of it :)

So, just for you, here is a run-on rant post. Cheers, buddy.

-----

on the topic of PDM, I have pretty good insight into them from playing there, and it's a pretty simple formula: leaders who lead based on member wishes + members who primarily want to have fun + strong opinions or new ideas + an attitude of forgive and forget = low risk target. no one sees PDM as a threat because PDM doesn't want to play in a threatening manner.

So it's a combination of internal and external factors, but the bottom line is that PDM is playing the game like it's the early 2000's still and no one in PDM is interested in playing like fluffs to keep up with those who do. They're a great bunch of folks, I really enjoyed playing there (and hope to again) and I regret that I wasn't able to spend the kind of time on PDM that I used to spend on LaF back in the day.

------
On the topic of what's wrong with this server (as a player/former leader) is that, in my opinion, there is no honor left. This is a now race to the bottom. In many ways, it started in the 90's and it's still going today. The concentration of serious/elite players is such that everything is pushed to the nth degree. Too many people treat this game as more than a game, and I'm in that group too :-/

------

On the topic of what's wrong with this server (as an admin) is that, in my opinion, there is a decreasing level of respect for players as folks who are here to enjoy a game and instead just see them as an abstract idea that needs to be snuffed out. On top of that, there seems to be less willingness actually resolve conflicts and move on, rather than just starting a new line of plotting against one another (or countering the plotting you KNOW the other HAS to be doing). On top of that, there's more of a willingness than ever to manufacture a conflict that's convenient for the aggressor. It's a perpetual cycle at this point. Additionally, fighting a friendly war one round doesn't make it better that in other rounds clans take actions that leave many players with a bad playing experience. Fighting an arranged war isn't meant to be some kind of douchey version of emissions trading.

It is getting somewhere near the point that I feel that if we want this server to be successful and functional and be a place where new players will want to stick around, we'll probably have to start getting involved as an admins and doing more to keep help broker some kind of meaningful peace if we don't have time to actually code our desired war mechanic fixes (which I honestly expected both qz and I would have had more time for by now).

Edited By: Pang on Dec 21st 2012, 1:08:45
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 1:09:20

Play primary. No politics or other bs. Just good times.
The EEVIL Empire

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2012, 1:11:02

TLDR

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 21st 2012, 1:13:20

as a admin you should not be able to step in and say you two can not fight anymore, your place as a admin is coding really. If you want to make alliances have peace you need to run a alliance and say if you all keep fighting over stupid fluff I will kill you myself. Just my thoughts, but you could change the code to make the attacking alliance weaker i suppose.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2012, 1:13:48

Originally posted by Serpentor:

this! -----^

the solo servers are a far better place play if you want a friendly, apolitical environment -- and they're more likely to get attention to make that playing experience better before alliance (lower hanging fruit).

But I know when people on this board, myself included, say "the game" they really just mean the alliance server. So my post is regarding that only. :)

Edited By: Pang on Dec 21st 2012, 1:19:45
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2012, 1:14:24

Originally posted by Red X:
as a admin you should not be able to step in and say you two can not fight anymore, your place as a admin is coding really. If you want to make alliances have peace you need to run a alliance and say if you all keep fighting over stupid fluff I will kill you myself. Just my thoughts, but you could change the code to make the attacking alliance weaker i suppose.

broker a peace != "stop fighting or we'll delete you". trust between all parties seems to be lost and getting worse as time passes. we can probably help work out something... although I'm not sure what.

and it's not that we're looking for ideas on how to fix things; we're looking for the time to do it. oh and if we were just coders, that would be our title :p

Edited By: Pang on Dec 21st 2012, 1:19:06
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Helmet Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 1:24:37

For some of us these forums are the cancer, but I can certainly understand why some would say the game politics are cancer. In a lot of instances though I'd blame the poor results in game to poor leadership or leadership decisions. Either way I think you'll find that leaving a game that brings you no joy is quite refreshing. I enjoyed my long break from the game and I have enjoyed it much more now while having a healthy detachment.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2012, 1:53:22

the game politics are intrinsically linked to this forum, IMO.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

anoniem Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 2:01:45

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Serpentor:

this! -----^

the solo servers are a far better place play if you want a friendly, apolitical environment -- and they're more likely to get attention to make that playing experience better before alliance (lower hanging fruit).

But I know when people on this board, myself included, say "the game" they really just mean the alliance server. So my post is regarding that only. :)

Yeah, until rockman and his laf cronies go back and try to break the server.
re(ally)tired