Verified:

RavenBF Game profile

Oct 14th 2012, 0:55:58

and trying to help somebody correct a problem on their system....

http://www.youtube.com/...R=1&feature=endscreen

****edited to more accurately reflect the specific scene i was talking about****

Edited By: RavenBF on Oct 15th 2012, 14:19:12
See Original Post
Minty
adj: Describing someone as British and homo-sexual.
mint minte mintt gay british person kj
by Master ZEN Aug 28, 2012

Rednose Game profile

Oct 14th 2012, 15:30:20

rofl

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 15th 2012, 14:18:07

lol.

I won't comment on how i feel about tech support but I"m always civil because I understand where the bulk of the questions directed at them come from.

Although I have a funny story.
Background:
Bell = Canadian ISP who I"m not with anymore but not because of this. My DSL modem was dying and degrading my internet connection as a result. Part of this was probably because I left it on the floor and my apartment is heated through the floor thus causing the modem to overheat. At the time I was getting maybe 100 BYTES/second of bandwidth.

On the phone with bell:
Me: "My internet connection doesn't appear to be working"
Bell: "Let me check for you. (couple minutes later): According to our system you have a complete internet connection, have you tried restarting your computer?"
Me: "Yes"
Bell: [asks a bunch of questions about what I have connected, how it's connected ect, my computer was connected via a wired connection and I already knew that wasn't the issue]

Me [trying to be helpful]: I think there is something wrong with the dsl modem, could you just send me another one? It's awfully hot.

Bell: Sorry sir, as long as our system shows that you have a complete connection, that tells us that everything is fine on our end so it must be an issue with your computer, not the connection.

Me: But the connection is extremely slow

Bell: I suggest you run antivirus software on your computer and/or try another device.

Me [not wanting to rant]: ok.

-----
I unplug the modem and call back

Me: My internet connection doesn't appear to be working

Bell: Let me check. Can you tell me what lights are showing up on your modem?

Me: None

Bell: Can you reset your modem for me.

Me: ok, nothing changed.

Bell: I don't detect a connection to your place. We are going to send you a new modem.

Me: Great.

Note they never asked me if I had it plugged in:P

Problem solved!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

RavenBF Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 14:21:20

LMAO, that is great! I dont know how many times a day i troubleshoot a system and they dont have something plugged in....i always ask that question
Minty

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 15th 2012, 14:33:01

To be honest, I might have lied and said it was if they had asked, or alternatively I would have plugged it into the A/C plug which is disabled during the winter to stop people from using the A/C. I think even if they ask if it's plugged in, they won't ask to try another plug:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 14:53:35

How do you know overheating was the problem?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2012, 15:59:03

LOL, good one martian!

Few years ago i had a cell phone that kept freezing up, took it to sprint several times (they claimed it was fixed every time) and since i wasn't getting progress, i decided to cal tech support, needless to say got nothing, then i asked for new phone and got that "insurance doesn't cover this type of problem" response, so i waited a week then took battery out, called sprint ....
-hi, uhm i need a new phone, accidentally fell in porta potty toilet.
=that's ok sir, will send you new one, we just need you to send us the old one.
-i can't do that, it was swimming in poo and urine, like hell i was gonna recover it.
=(pause....kinda long) oh, oh!, ya that'd be unsafe, will just send you a new one.
-thank you!

Next day FedEx with new phone, problem resolved haha.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BobOnThis Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 16:43:56

One of my old cell phones would shut itself off every so often, super annoying when on a call and didn't realize it while talking. Took it into the ATT store and told them I needed a new one, they said the insurance wouldn't cover it since it wasn't happening when they tried it.
So I went outside, put it behind my back tire, ran it over, took the pieces back in and said my phone broke and I needed a new one. She laughed and gave me a new one.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 17:27:49

Sounds like the insurance is retarded.

That would never fly over here.

RavenBF Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 19:50:33

OMG this totally sounds like one of my calls!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33AObkUC2Ns

For the record, the more of the dillhole people are on the phone with me, the nicer I am, and I can ask a billion questions and frustrate the hell out of you. BTW, I am laughing my ass off at you while you are nerdraging.

Edited By: RavenBF on Oct 15th 2012, 19:52:37
See Original Post
Minty

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 15th 2012, 20:09:02

@Xinhuan: educated guess. It could have been something else wrong with the modem. But I 99% sure it wasn't the computer. I had gone through something similar before (although that time they just sent me a new modem without asking any questions).

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

kemo Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 20:35:19

awhile ago my moms air card in her mini was goin south so i called verizon tryin to get it replaced. it came preinstalled on the thing so i had no clue if it ever came with a disc

at one point i was transfered to a second person who told me to uninstall the program (the air card was the sole source of internet at the time). the helper then said

"ok now i need you to go to this website and download something"
all praised to ra

RavenBF Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 20:40:32

@martin, did the new modem fix your problem

@kemo, thankfully im a bit smarter than that.....i wont deny we do have some dumb techs that all they know how to do is read a script.
Minty

lostmonk Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 10:06:38

Done.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 11:25:19

must pass laws requiring people to get a valid computer operating license and insurance before they can legally purchase and use computers....
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Killa Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 13:30:50

oops wrong thread
+Killa