Verified:

Sov Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 14:02:00

I think it would be good if we had a forum for Alliance leadership as a resource to help leaders across all servers.

Sort of things that can be discussed on this forum:-
- Tips on how to get a new Alliance started
- Tips and discussion on how to recruit members
- Tips and discussion on how to improve skills within your Alliance
- Foreign Affairs tips
- Leadership idea sharing

I think this game does have the potential to grow more at an Alliance level but that will only come through the leaderships of those Alliances.

If someone is motivated to start a new Alliance then why not give them a resource to help support them in this endeavor.

Political or off topic discussion should be banned and strictly moderated.

TAN Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 14:13:24

I think this forum may have value and should be given a trial run, but I'm not optimistic about the results. We'll just end up arguing over there as well.

"The best thing to do for your alliance is to set up a council for stability..."

"No! That just adds bureaucracy. One president who makes all the decisions is best!"

"STFU! A triumvirate is better because then power is shared but it cuts down on bureaucracy..."

etc...

We won't even be able to decide how to help new alliances start up their leadership. :P
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Sov Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 14:16:28

If we coach people to suggest things instead of "teaching" then we may get around that ;)

But even still... Any discussion whether it be a debate, argument or just positive contributions provides people with more information which could be helpful.

Son Goku Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 14:48:22

More dictators!

PG Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 15:08:30

I like your idea Sov
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 15:59:21

masterclass on how to run things in alliance
love the idea sov :)

noone made a reference to earth2025 RD yet - so disappointed
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Wharfed

Aug 7th 2012, 17:05:43

If you can come to a consensus of a few things, then you can suggest the best course of action. But give your reasons for doing each part, and show a counter suit that did not work. That should allow new alliances to start by way of best course of action rather than hope.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 7th 2012, 17:08:17

I'm not sure how apt people will be to share this information with their "competitors" though.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 7th 2012, 17:54:04

it could work
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 17:55:27

So leaders from other Alliances are going to teach each other things? I doubt there will be a lot of info sharing going on :p

TAN Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 18:03:37

Maybe leaders will read other leaders' stuff and change their minds. Perhaps this is one of the ways to improve the EE culture?

I will share what I know. Sov will as well. I guess we'll start our own forum and the rest of you can stfu!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/...4yxk8UnZ1qj44ruo1_500.gif
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 7th 2012, 18:13:53

TAN you still owe me a blow job btw
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

TAN Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 18:14:46

That goes under "Foreign Affairs tips".
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Chand Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 18:48:27

I like this idea, if it helps the game to grow then why not.
-Rival HC-

Pride Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 18:55:28

I like the idea, I also think we need to come together as a community and allow new alliances to have a "chance" to grow.

PG Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 19:00:00

Originally posted by Pride:
I like the idea, I also think we need to come together as a community and allow new alliances to have a "chance" to grow.

I think most alliances are pretty good to give new alliances a pact for the first few sets to grow ( or is it just me who dont pay attention )
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

Flamey Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 19:53:14

Pretend to be a woman = increased chance of pact.

Deci Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 20:06:32

Tits or gtfo, imo - jkn..

For the most part, I do agree with the above reasons to have this type of forum. It can help out the newer people as well.
Retired.... and back again.

TAN Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 20:08:07

I move that the admins take steps towards creation of such a forum, and that Israel is evil.

Do I have a second to put the motion to vote?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

iNouda Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 20:13:01

Seconded!

DonMachiavelli Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 21:40:27

I think more important than an alliance would be how you network within Earth and how you work with other alliances. You should be asking more experienced alliance leaders and building relationships.

I think it's also important to have discussions internally in your alliance.

Just my 1/2 cent.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 0:51:46

Actually, I think it'd be awesome to work witha team of 4-5 people who's goal is to launch a new alliance....

And to start 1 new allaince per set this way.
Z is #1

Sov Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 1:35:47

I don't mind posting up some tips and some of the things I do. Recruiting wise I have already been sharing some of my methods with other Alliances which they were putting to use last set.

I do think we need some more new fresh Alliances with motivated leaders. I was going to be helping start a new one last set, but that project was delayed.

Recruiting is a very easy thing to do if you know what you are doing. In a few hours work I recruit 20-30 people per set to maintain or grow SoF's numbers as there is always membership turnover every set. I can guarantee you that almost every Alliance (other than LAF/SoF as they are already large) could double their memberships within a couple of sets if they worked at it.

This was also why I was trying to push the admins for a Server-wide Reunion Set to encourage every Alliance to pump up their memberships.

bertz Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 1:40:47

Healthy debate is always good.
As long as it is moderated properly, this would be a nice one.

Nice idea Sov

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 1:43:29

The game needs to be adding one alliance per set for the next oh.....
2 yrs:)

even if most of the allaince stay around 30 memebrs it'll make for a much more dynamic game,
Z is #1

Boltar Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 4:52:09

if they make a forum.. i volunteer to moderate it.. im tired of the other threads. id love to see this work. and would ban my own president if he came on and flamed in this potentially future forum

Sov Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 5:01:50

Servant, I think we can get many Alliances above 40 with quite a few of them to 50 with ease. I believe SOL is the Alliance with the most potential for growth, they could easily hit 70+... well I know I could get them there if I was in SOL anyway.

Rage would also be easy to get to 40+ with the right implementation.

If we had 3 or 4 more Alliances the game would be much stronger as well.

Tigress Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 5:39:24

Really great idea, would this cover just alliance server or other servers as well?
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Sov Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 7:49:33

In my original post I said all servers ;)

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 7:55:20

we need more women!
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

wanttokill Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 8:05:16

NEW ALLIANCES:
Go to http://www.letskillstuff.org
Become an outpost!

All will be good.

Osso Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 9:27:27

I strongly like this idea as well.

A forum such as this would really help towards the growth of alliances new and old. I know from my perspective as a reasonably new player (compared to the lot of all you old timers anyhow :P ), getting a grasp of inter and intra alliance dynamics was one of the most difficult aspects of this game, and I know I still have a lot of growth to go.

It would be nice to have a forum such as this where cooperative efforts were the norm. It could quite possibly offset some of the craziness that seems to grow out of the mudslinging mire that AT can become.
Evo FA

Alin Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 9:37:25

Originally posted by Sov:
I think it would be good if we had a forum for Alliance leadership as a resource to help leaders across all servers.

Sort of things that can be discussed on this forum:-
- Tips on how to get a new Alliance started
- Tips and discussion on how to recruit members
- Tips and discussion on how to improve skills within your Alliance
- Foreign Affairs tips
- Leadership idea sharing

I think this game does have the potential to grow more at an Alliance level but that will only come through the leaderships of those Alliances.

If someone is motivated to start a new Alliance then why not give them a resource to help support them in this endeavor.

Political or off topic discussion should be banned and strictly moderated.

I think you should focus on what a leader must NOT do.

Sov Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 10:07:20

No one cares what you think Alin.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 13:27:58

jesus f*cking christ alin.. do u not see he is trying to help the game.. quit being a d*ck and trolling/flaming him for atleast trying.

PG Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 20:33:18

Originally posted by Boltar:
jesus f*cking christ alin.. do u not see he is trying to help the game.. quit being a d*ck and trolling/flaming him for atleast trying.

/bow
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

Pride Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 20:49:17

Originally posted by Boltar:

Lol +1 without all the anger.

*Boltar SMASH* :P

Tigress Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 20:55:23

Originally posted by Sov:
In my original post I said all servers ;)

*blush*

/me enrolls in reading comprehension class
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Sov Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 7:29:14

Well if the admins would like to implement this it would not be too hard.

PG Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 8:04:12

Should everyone have acces to this or should it only be a "core" of member from each alliance?

reason i ask this is cause if everyone got acces, it will become a trolling place (im afraid off)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

Sov Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 9:39:14

I think keep it open and then heavily moderate. As long as it is moderated strictly it should be fine. After a few bans people will learn.

bertz Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 9:58:16

Just ban few people and it would be fine

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2012, 15:14:30

I agree,

We do need a what not to do board:)

I submit Alin as Case A:)
Z is #1

Bikerman Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 17:32:46

Originally posted by Flamey:
Pretend to be a woman = increased chance of pact.

PG is just pretending?

Knew it!

Sov Game profile

Aug 10th 2012, 15:30:52

I wonder if we can get admin input on this.

KriSatZ Game profile

Aug 10th 2012, 17:23:17

The best idea is the idea we have at LaF. I am the leader, SG is a puppet on a set of strings. I make all the decisions and he takes the flack for it. You should all adopt similar internal workings. There is no need for a board.

On topic, its a good idea, but my experience on other games suggest it wouldn't work very well, and the way some of you guys talk to each other on alliance talk, I can't pretty much give a guarantee it wouldn't work. You're attitudes need changing to help a new board like that to set up.

Just my 0.2
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

Sov Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 13:42:04

I guess because it was my idea it will not be given any consideration ;)

TheMatrix

Aug 15th 2012, 14:03:11

^ I really hope that isn't true (I don't think it is). I think the idea has merit as well.

The board will be whatever the community makes it.

Alin Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 15:33:05

How`s the ideea going on? I think you can train an army of Helmets and Hanlongs with your great skills.

Some kind of genetically modified Earth Empires leaders.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2012, 16:07:17

Hm; would this resource be in like a wiki form? or directly baked into the game? or third-party?

I've been a touch busy the last week, so I haven't had time to fully look at the boards (and somebody convinced me to play FFA, holy crap 16 countries takes too long).

One of the things I would like to do is the ability to "Found" an alliance within the game, that leads to multi-reset alliances which would allow lots of stats tracking &etc; but more importantly, (once the forums are merged in, i'm working on that) we could offer alliance forums directly in game, perhaps with rudimentary permissions... a "light" hosting site effectively; without the super fancy tools, but all of the extremely basic ones. Enough to get a clan started anyway. We'd also ideally have an API to integrate those forums with other site forums but that would probably be a little more tricky (though possibly more so from the hosting-site side than ours).

I also like the idea of a server-wide reunion set; We have a few changes in the works that would be *really* nice to have done though beforehand, to encourage higher retention.... Pang may have a mockup for some people to look at within a week or two, though it'll be a while before we're ready to go live as mockups and actual integration are completely different kettles of fish :)
Finally did the signature thing.