Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:06:16

Originally posted by Vic:
Bottom feeding like crazy is healthy for the economics of the game in that it encourages one (the bottom fed) to join an alliance and take a more active role in the game. Blah blah blah...

The number of players currently playing this game makes that statement questionable at best.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 18:10:50

Solution-

Have a council of people- That accepts the creation of a new tag...once accepted, the tag can be used reset after reset as long as it maintains a membership of 10. (Less than 10? go to team)

You can't leave protection without tagging up.

This solves the problem, as any suiciders would simply help create political problems.

Its allaince, you can't leave protection without tagging up....

I've advocated this for years....

Also, vetted vets, who don't have a history of suicidiing, without provocation could choose to play untagged....Croatia, and Cyref were both untagged top 100's last reset.
This allows that to happen:) But it requires a vetting process. something KJ woiuldn't pass.
Z is #1

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:11:51

A council? That's been tried before, and found to be inefficient and pointless.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

lostmonk Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:18:18

Bottom feeding like crazy is healthy for the economics of the game in that it encourages one (the bottom fed) to join an alliance and take a more active role in the game. Tagged warring is fine.

Honestly , you are trying far too hard to combat my simple suggestion.

Absolutely not, I am taking your poor suggestion to its logical next step. If we're going to come down on people for ruining the game, all of them should be come down on.
Done.

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:37:13

You didn't take anything to the next step. You responded to something objective with an abstracted and ambiguous response.

Start by defining a list of what actions ruin the game, compile a list of those that engage in said actions, and there you go .

Seriously you aren't really proving anything. I suggested something that could easily be implemented - making suiciding as an Untagged, against the rules.
Your responses indicate a personal vendetta.

Be cool, man
:)

lostmonk Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 19:43:42

You didn't take anything to the next step. You responded to something objective with an abstracted and ambiguous response.

Start by defining a list of what actions ruin the game, compile a list of those that engage in said actions, and there you go .

Seriously you aren't really proving anything. I suggested something that could easily be implemented - making suiciding as an Untagged, against the rules.
Your responses indicate a personal vendetta.

Be cool, man
:)

As you said was the purpose "Cleaning up this game to make gameplay better for all"

In that vein, any actions that drive people from the game by being abusive of the gameplay rules would make sense. So then, all those that bottom feed like crazy, and those that war netting clans, would need to go.
Done.

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 19:52:20

lol, k, sure thing man.

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:01:36

Well hello there, let me just put my troll cap on and I will be right with you.

mazooka Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:07:03

Admin troll threads are gay like your face vic. How is anything you posted defined as double standard? Suiciding used to be grabbing 100k+ acres and jumping up to 40ishm nw on 2k acres. The admin got rid of that.

Nice to see you back but if your agenda is to bash qz and pang because you want kj banned then you need to go do something else.

Tigress Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:10:26

lol, would you all sleep better at night if the untagged countries tagged up, within your alliances played a few resets and then tore your alliance apart from within?

I think the few suiciders here and there that remain untagged should actually be left alone. Build a proper country and keep them moving on to select some other country to suicide on.

When some untagged country gets farmed into oblivion, the outcome is predictable, especially when there are lots of netting countries just sitting around with little to no defense. Climbing the ladder on someone else's stockpile who did not logon in time to put it back on the market, seems like a natural outcome.

-------------------------------------------------
I think a little Archie Bunker is in order here:

Gloria Bunker-Stivic: Daddy, did you know that sixty percent of the people murdered in this country in the last ten years were killed by guns?

Archie Bunker: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

---------------------------------------------------

It's is futile to change the nature of the game. Expecting untags to stop suiciding, is tantamount to expecting alliances to stop farming untagged countries. Neither of which is ever going to happen.
Happy Hunting

Tigress

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:13:45

hi mazooka and hi tigress!!
re(ally)tired

Tigress Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:20:31

Hi anoniem *waves*
Happy Hunting

Tigress

DonMachiavelli Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 22:07:46

I agree with what Tigress said. When you have farming then you will have suiciding and it's always going to be part of the game.

The big problem was when one person could run a bot and suicide with 10s, 100s, 1000s, of countries.

Suiciding makes the game interesting. If you could farm at will with no possible repercussions then it would be pretty boring.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 22:11:53

Originally posted by DonMachiavelli:
I agree with what Tigress said. When you have farming then you will have suiciding and it's always going to be part of the game.

The big problem was when one person could run a bot and suicide with 10s, 100s, 1000s, of countries.

Suiciding makes the game interesting. If you could farm at will with no possible repercussions then it would be pretty boring.
not just farm but do a lot of other things

alliances dont punish bad game play at all anymore
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 0:10:28

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

Oh, they try...it's just that there are more players supporting bad game play than there are those who demand honor and truth.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 6:29:58

VIC, IT SOUNDS TO US AS IF YOU ARE LIVING IN FEAR OF THE SUICIDER. IF YOU ARE A BETTER PLAYER THAN HIM, THEN SIMPLY MAKE YOUR COUNTRY UNASSAILABLE. WILL YOU REACH THE TOP 10 THIS WAY? NO, BUT YOU WILL DENY YOUR NEMESIS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU HIS VENGEANCE.

YOU CLAIMED TO ENJOY THE POLITICS OF THE GAME. A HUGE PART OF THE POLITICS OF THE GAME IS TO AVOID ANGERING SOMEONE TO THE POINT WHERE HIS CUP OVERRUNS WITH FURY (OR AT LEAST IT SHOULD BE A HUGE PART)

"LEGITIMATE" PLAYERS DAMAGE THE GAME EVERY DAY WITH UNPROVOKED, OVER THE TOP ATTACKS AGAINST THOSE WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING TO THEM. SHOULD THEY ALL BE BANNED? WHY IS IT ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU TO STEAL THE LAND OF A COUNRY WITH 1/5 OF YOUR POWER, BUT NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR SOMEONE TO VENT HIS FURY UPON YOU? YOU ARE PLAYING A WAR GAME WHERE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COMMIT ACTS OF AGGRESSION AGAINST THE INNOCENT. WHY DOES IT SURPRISE YOU SO THAT OTHERS MIGHT COMMIT ACTS OF AGGRESSION AGAINST YOU?

AND TO THE SUGGESTION THAT ALL NEW TAGS MUST HAVE 10 OR MORE MEMBERS: I WOULD SUGGEST TO YOU THAT YOU WOULD BE STRANGLING WHAT LITTLE INNOVATION STILL EXISTS HERE. FROM WHERE WILL YOU TAKE YOUR LAND WHEN EVERY COUNTRY IS IN A TAG WITH WHICH YOU ARE PACTED?

OUR SUGGESTION TO YOU VIC, IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT BEING SUICIDED UPON, IS RATHER THAN COMING HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR ENEMY AND ASKING THAT THE ADMINISTRATORS EJECT HIM FROM THE COMMUNITY, YOU SHOULD TRY TO MAKE PEACE. PEACE IS ALWAYS BETTER, IF ONLY SLIGHTLY BETTER, THAN EXPLOSIONS.

HA!

SAM

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 7th 2012, 6:32:59

^^^ FROM THE COMMITTEE OF ONE!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

euglaf Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 6:41:48

DONT YOU MISS MEHUL???????

Erian Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 8:59:59

i MiSs ThE sHiFt BuTtOn!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 9:02:07

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

Oh, they try...it's just that there are more players supporting bad game play than there are those who demand honor and truth.
Wouldn't say so but I'd say alliances either don't care or need to play politics or want to avoid war

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

iScode Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 9:16:11

Originally posted by Servant:
Solution-

Have a council of people- That accepts the creation of a new tag...once accepted, the tag can be used reset after reset as long as it maintains a membership of 10. (Less than 10? go to team)

You can't leave protection without tagging up.

This solves the problem, as any suiciders would simply help create political problems.

Its allaince, you can't leave protection without tagging up....

I've advocated this for years....

Also, vetted vets, who don't have a history of suicidiing, without provocation could choose to play untagged....Croatia, and Cyref were both untagged top 100's last reset.
This allows that to happen:) But it requires a vetting process. something KJ woiuldn't pass.

Are you serious?? Vetting people to play untagged?

Thats crazy, just like banning suiciders is crazy, if you dont like it dont piss people off!!!!

Seriously people, even bringing up this topic is retarded, you netters think you can have your cake and eat it to. If you dont like it tough fluff, I really dont give a fluff, suiciders are simply an effect that you have caused...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 10:03:48

strangely enough I agree with Scode, though war alliances also create suiciders - they're just "immune" because they run with defense and don't care so much about networth

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 7th 2012, 11:37:57

not always scode, but since this is about Alliance suiciders i wont go into it :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 7th 2012, 12:11:19

this thread needs some cheese.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 12:24:07

cheese
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Vic Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 12:27:15

:p to all

+thanks to pang and qz for all of their hard work. this was just a suggestion, masked in an AT troll against admin.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 7th 2012, 13:21:20

Cheese is good... DISCUSS!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Vic Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 13:26:00

... And one more thing.

This has nothing to do with suiciding over bottom feeding / over farming. This is in reference to those who have it out for a select alliance, announce their plans to suicide, and attempt it over and over again.

If some provincial or national authority has knowledge of a planned suicide attack - the authority + the population wouldn't do well to get into a moral and philosophical debate on the ethics of the attack, but rather would be careful to attempt to stop the attack. Untagged suiciders will always exist sure. I just think that announcing it should enact some sort of action.

Drow Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 13:49:44

so find his country and kill it.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

anoniem Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 15:07:21

certain alliances have it out for other alliances. they don't keep it a secret and announce it.

solution: pleaaaase pang/qz ban all those alliances that announce their intention to war my alliance.

rofl.
re(ally)tired

Vic Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 15:11:54

already addressed that. I don't mind if and when attacks are made by an alliance!

seriously just give it up.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 15:45:13

i hate suiciders too.

im just finding your whole line of argument strange.

anyway, that's enough from me!
re(ally)tired