Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2012, 16:22:15

14 State Police units on a 30 mile stretch of the I-5 corridor between Seattle and Tacoma, WA. Very lucrative biz the Gov runs on holidays :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 28th 2012, 16:49:59

We The People...

Voted For That Nonsense.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2012, 17:06:27

Sad but true!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 17:09:34

Don't drive drunk, and don't speed. The Man starves. Simple equation. :)

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 17:21:08

I spent 25 years in EMS. I've seen entire families destroyed by speeders, speeding and impaired drivers. I could tell you stories that would remove your will to live.

You don't have to look at the bloody remains of too many kids (or anyone for that matter) before you understand why those guys are out there. You can say what you want and you can fluff all you like, but if all that prevents someone like me from having to see one more dead, dismembered or eviscerated kid, then so be it.

Statistics a lot of times drive where and how many cops are on a holiday weekend. The Federal Government provides grants to Law Enforcement to target drunk/impaired driving and what better time to put extra people on and pay them overtime than a Holiday Weekend?

All that We The People fluff is fine until it's someone YOU love that gets killed by a drunk or an idiot whose horsepower is bigger than his/her brain.

quicksnipe Game profile

May 28th 2012, 17:29:04

Originally posted by Dragon:

best equation ever. if no one ever drove drunk we wouldnt have to suffer and would remove one more wasteful loss of life.

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 28th 2012, 17:35:41

Well drinking and driving should never happen I agree.

But I think if you are on a highway you should be able to speed. I always speed on highways, but I'm smart about it. If the weather is poor, then I follow posted speed limits. If it's raining I go the speed limit, and when it's snowing I'll even go way slower than the speed limit if needed. I don't speed quite as fast in the dark. And when conditions are right, I'm not stupid about speeding. I don't squeeze into small gaps between cars to get around them, and tail cars closely to encourage them getting out of my way, and all the other things drivers do. I call them scary speeders, I consider myself just a speeder.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 17:52:13

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
Well drinking and driving should never happen I agree.

But I think if you are on a highway you should be able to speed.

And exactly how fast is your "intelligent speeding"? 5 over? 10 over? More? I thought about using the term "responsible speeding", but that's an even bigger oxymoron.

Let me clue you in on something.... At the Paramedic Service I worked for over 21 years, we had a zero-tolerance rule that stated in the most extreme emergent situation, an employee was permitted to drive 10mph over the posted speed limit.

That rule came about because we KILLED someone and the primary reason is because the driver was about 25mph over the speed limit when he T-boned a guy in his pickup truck.

If you regularly drive more than 10 over, I hope you get a LOT of tickets.

May 28th 2012, 17:57:47

what you see Dragon, is the results of idiots...
and there is no stopping the idiots.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 18:08:00

You're wrong. An increased Po-Po presence reduces the results of idiots.

That fact is not arguable. Every drunk driver or excessive speeder that gets caught is one less driver taken out of the statistic pool.

You can't say with any certainty that the guy clocked at 90 or the drunk just pulled over wouldn't have killed someone(s) 10 minutes down the road.

I will certainly agree that they may well NOT have killed someone, but what I DO know is that at least in the case of impaired driver, they were definitely NOT killing anyone that day.

What you should have said is that we can't stop ALL the idiots. But we can damned well stop and deter a lot of them.

Popcom Game profile

May 28th 2012, 18:12:02

"naw man, fluff that! If i drive drunk its the cops fault for catching me" cried every convicted drunk driver ever haha
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Twain Game profile

May 28th 2012, 18:13:51

I'll back Dragon on this. I used to drive like an idiot when I was in college. I got three tickets in about 18 months time and figured I couldn't afford to keep getting tickets.

I tend to drive much more conservatively now.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 18:20:51

There's no rational argument that can be made here. The only thing anyone can do is further illustrate the level of their idiocy.

The problem is that it's not always just THEIR life at stake.

Even if one of our Daredevils are speeding or driving drunk or high on a desolate road or open space of highway at the time of their crash, I can give you a huge list of police officers, firefighters and Paramedics who have been killed either responding to or after arriving at the scene of that wreck.

You'll forgive me if I don't suffer idiots gladly. Especially ones with bad and selfish attitudes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2012, 18:27:19

Wow! This thread took a hella wrong turn!, my point is that having that many smokeys on an empty highway is a bit of an overkill, this was 8AM, I can count traffic around me with one hand, lol.
(•_•)

Popcom Game profile

May 28th 2012, 18:29:53

I've lost more then 1 friend to drunk drivers. In my opinion, you should get 1 chance. Everyone makes mistakes. First offense should be a harsh reminder, and a second offense, jail time. There really isn't any excuse to drink and drive.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 18:41:56

Originally posted by Popcom:
I've lost more then 1 friend to drunk drivers. In my opinion, you should get 1 chance. Everyone makes mistakes. First offense should be a harsh reminder, and a second offense, jail time. There really isn't any excuse to drink and drive.

I'll agree with the one chance notion so long as no one is hurt or killed as a result of the first offense.

May 28th 2012, 18:54:31

how many officers have been busted for drunk driving in the last year?

and aren't the majority of drunk drivers a bunch of youngins who weren't taught how to drink responsibly?

MADD had it on their site once that it's estimated that there are 165,000,000 trips driven by people under the influence each year. let's see, there are around 30-40k fatalities a year due to drunk driving. how's that math thingie work? 40k divided by 165m = 0.024% chance of a drunk killing somebody during one of their trips?

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 19:11:53

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
how many officers have been busted for drunk driving in the last year?

and aren't the majority of drunk drivers a bunch of youngins who weren't taught how to drink responsibly?

MADD had it on their site once that it's estimated that there are 165,000,000 trips driven by people under the influence each year. let's see, there are around 30-40k fatalities a year due to drunk driving. how's that math thingie work? 40k divided by 165m = 0.024% chance of a drunk killing somebody during one of their trips?

You're kidding me right? Just because cops get busted for drunk driving doesn't make it right, dude. Holy fluffing fluff.

ANd no. Drunk drivers are (obviously) a mix of "youguns not taught better" and up to 90 year olds that still drive with issues.

Are you fluffing defective in your brain or something? Are you REALLY going to sit here and argue that it's OK for even ONE drunk driver to kill someone?

If I might ask, how many dead people have you had to directly deal with in your life? How many kids or adults have you had to personally try and save because a drunk driver was in that "acceptable 0.024%" that you seem to find statistically insignificant? Prolly not fluffing one.

I can't even believe you're arguing this. Are you fluffing stupid or what?

May 28th 2012, 19:18:33

LOL. no, i'm not stupid. i'm also not swayed by irrational arguements about what you have witnessed while doing your job. get a new one if you're not happy with it.

it's about as right for 1 drunk driver to kill someone as it is for 1 sober driver to kill someone. sober people do kill more people than drunk drivers. drunks are only causing 40% of the fatalities.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 19:21:51

LOL. no, i'm not stupid. i'm also not swayed by irrational arguements about what you have witnessed while doing your job. get a new one if you're not happy with it.

it's about as right for 1 drunk driver to kill someone as it is for 1 sober driver to kill someone. sober people do kill more people than drunk drivers. drunks are only causing 40% of the fatalities.

You're a fluffing idiot. There's really nothing else to say than that.

May 28th 2012, 19:23:18

http://www.drug-alcohol-rehabs.org/drug-rehab-cost.html

Dragon. you're a complete and total moron when it comes to understanding addiction.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 19:27:23

You know what Dibs, we're not talking about addiction. We're talking about speeding and impaired drivers killing people.

You're a fluffing idiot. Your position is not defensible. If that position did not include innocent victims, I'd be perfectly content with Darwin taking its course.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 19:41:59

Let me say it one more time, Dibs. You're a fluffing idiot wasting perfectly good oxygen that the rest of us can use.

I know you don't like me, but I thought this was something even you and I could agree on.

smdh

Popcom Game profile

May 28th 2012, 19:57:00

Dibs you're a fluffing retard...So its ok to needlessly endanger other peoples lives as long as the risk factor you will kill someone is low?
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

May 28th 2012, 19:58:47

LOL, i'm a member of the 1/3rd of the nation that actually pays income tax. if i quit using da oxygen then you might have to take a pay cut.

May 28th 2012, 20:01:11

Originally posted by Popcom:
Dibs you're a fluffing retard...So its ok to needlessly endanger other peoples lives as long as the risk factor you will kill someone is low?

is it ok to punish somebody excessively even though they haven't actually caused any harm?

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 20:07:47

LOL, i'm a member of the 1/3rd of the nation that actually pays income tax. if i quit using da oxygen then you might have to take a pay cut.

You know what? We could find one extra person whose tax dollars could replace yours. And even if we didn't it wouldn't be a tremendous loss.

Paying your taxes doesn't make you less of a fluffing idiot.

May 28th 2012, 20:10:18

You know what? We could find one extra person whose tax dollars could replace yours. And even if we didn't it wouldn't be a tremendous loss.

Paying your taxes doesn't make you less of a fluffing idiot.

at least i know how to do the math dude.
you're out there dodging imaginary threats to your life and driving scared.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 20:16:55

You just need to shut the fluff up. But please... SHow your idiocy even more.

The sad part is that you'll probably be lucky enough to avoid what you mock. Most useless POS's seem to do that for some unexplainable reason.

This has nothing to do with math. Of course, you're absolutely clueless to that. When or if you eventually lose someone you love, and it's maybe due to what the discussion is about, I'll do my best to not laugh in your face.

I think I will fail miserably.

May 28th 2012, 20:20:35

dude. you really should quit with the name calling.
is that like a prayer or chant that you are doing?
some kind of witch doctor voodoo magic that you use to make things real?
you figure that if you recite it enough times it'll actually come true?

there's about a 1% chance per year that i'll be killed by a drunk driver, so yeah, it's probably unlikely that some drunk is going to kill me.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 20:32:41

You're a complete fluffing idiot. We have no more to say to one another.

I only repeat it because it's the truth and you continue to reply to the un-replyable.

You COULD have chosen to say:

"You know, Dragon, while you're right and I understand that you have personally had to deal with the aftermath of impaired and irresponsible driving in the terms of loss of human life dozens of times, it's statistically unlikely for it to happen to any one of us individually."

But no. You decided that you should tell me I should find a different job because seeing 25 years worth of murder is somehow insignificant and that because it wasn't your wife, your mom, your kid or your best friend, that in some way, it wasn't unacceptable.

fluff you.

May 28th 2012, 20:43:57

there is the slight problem that you are not correct. all's you give me is your bias about what happened to you and what you witness. you seem to have a problem with it, hence i tell you that you should find a new job.

how much of a problem can it be if 164,960,000 trips per year are performed under the influence without anybody dying? how much money and manpower is wasted trying to get it down to 0%?

i chose to say that you are irrational and driven by fear.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 20:51:16

You're ghosted. I won't justify idiotic "logic" by responding to it.

Not that most everyone already knew that you were an idiot and a troll, but thanks for illustrating it, Dibs.

Have a good life. :)

May 28th 2012, 20:52:30

cya bye bye.

mrford Game profile

May 28th 2012, 21:06:49

My wife was put in the hospital for 3 months and almost lost her arm because of a drunk driver, 4th offense at that. I have no sympathy for people that do not follow the rules of the road. You wanna go fast go to the track like I do, you need to be somewhere, leave earlier. You late, accept the consequences because you messed up.

That simple
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 21:14:53

Originally posted by mrford:
My wife was put in the hospital for 3 months and almost lost her arm because of a drunk driver, 4th offense at that. I have no sympathy for people that do not follow the rules of the road. You wanna go fast go to the track like I do, you need to be somewhere, leave earlier. You late, accept the consequences because you messed up.

That simple

+10

May 28th 2012, 21:19:16

http://www.mrsasurvivors.org/statistics

hmm, seems that health care is killing more people than drunk drivers. should probably implement the same type of punishments to prevent it from happening.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 21:25:01

So that means that it's okay or somehow more acceptable that drunk drivers kill people?

The depth of your idiocy amazes me. I thought I could not respond to you, but I underestimated the depths of your conceit, and basic lack of intelligence. Prolly a bad idea to let that go. Someone might actually listen to you.

May 28th 2012, 21:30:59

ain't you supposed to be ignoring me?

i think it's more along the lines of something that society is going to have to live with no matter what, not that it's ok to drink and drive. but it's not a problem that is going to be eliminated by demonizing drunk drivers.

Landorian Game profile

May 28th 2012, 21:42:38

Most of us agree that drinking and driving or generally reckless driving isn't very smart and wrecks lives.

Yesterday they took a nice picture of me, there was road construction ahead and the speed limit reduced to 50mph, I was still going 60 cause I didn't see the sign...It was 10 at night, three lanes, no traffic. That felt like robbery. Now waiting for the $125 ticket :P

Today I drove a 120 mile stretch of highway. Set the cruise to 100 mph and, well, cruised along :)

PS: This is in Germany on the Autobahn.
KSM ~ Janitor

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 21:45:13

I should be ignoring you, but when you minimize the effect that impaired/irresponsible drivers have on responsible (or even other irresponsible) people, it's something that can't be let go.

It's fine to cite statistics and percentages, but the naked truth is that your 0.024% are killing people.

Somewhere in your small brain, you have determined that the Defective should be allowed to take out the Non-Defective. That is not a viable option.

The sad truth is that in the matter of drunk driving, we could begin to fix the problem with the next auto production year. In many states, convicted drunk drivers have to blow into a device before they can even start their car.

I like that idea. That's ONE type of idiot that can't kill someone should they decide to get behind the wheel when they should not.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 21:47:37

And before you say it, you have the Right to get drunk. You do NOT have the Right to drive AFTER you are drunk.

May 28th 2012, 21:50:41

I should be ignoring you, but when you minimize the effect that impaired/irresponsible drivers have on responsible (or even other irresponsible) people, it's something that can't be let go.

It's fine to cite statistics and percentages, but the naked truth is that your 0.024% are killing people.

Somewhere in your small brain, you have determined that the Defective should be allowed to take out the Non-Defective. That is not a viable option.

The sad truth is that in the matter of drunk driving, we could begin to fix the problem with the next auto production year. In many states, convicted drunk drivers have to blow into a device before they can even start their car.

I like that idea. That's ONE type of idiot that can't kill someone should they decide to get behind the wheel when they should not.

could solve it a lot better by getting rid of the cars, or by making it a requirement that every driver has to blow into the silly device, but then again, people drive under the impairment of other drugs and physical conditions.

i simply stated that it's as much an accident as a sober person crash, caused by idiocy instead of alcohol impairment.

May 28th 2012, 21:52:25

And before you say it, you have the Right to get drunk. You do NOT have the Right to drive AFTER you are drunk.

i have the right to get drunk in private. i do not have the right to get drunk in public. they got laws against that.

May 28th 2012, 21:58:48

Originally posted by Landorian:
Most of us agree that drinking and driving or generally reckless driving isn't very smart and wrecks lives.

Yesterday they took a nice picture of me, there was road construction ahead and the speed limit reduced to 50mph, I was still going 60 cause I didn't see the sign...It was 10 at night, three lanes, no traffic. That felt like robbery. Now waiting for the $125 ticket :P

Today I drove a 120 mile stretch of highway. Set the cruise to 100 mph and, well, cruised along :)

PS: This is in Germany on the Autobahn.

do they still have the law where you're at fault if you let somebody hit you from behind?

May 28th 2012, 22:13:07

it's a silly arguement anyway. another decade or two and humans will probably be banned from driving period. they'll be required to purchase a car that does all the driving for them. should put a whole lotta people out of work, but safety will be enforced.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

May 28th 2012, 22:16:49

what you see Dragon, is the results of idiots...
and there is no stopping the idiots.

"There are two things that are infinite, the universe, and stupidity, I am not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I may have misquoted old Al but it still gets the point across.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 22:20:39

it's a silly arguement anyway. another decade or two and humans will probably be banned from driving period. they'll be required to purchase a car that does all the driving for them. should put a whole lotta people out of work, but safety will be enforced.

It's NOT a silly argument, Dibs.

And whether you want to admit it or not, it's only silly to you because you haven't been force fed a steaming plate of Personal Grief yet.

May 28th 2012, 22:31:43

It's NOT a silly argument, Dibs.

And whether you want to admit it or not, it's only silly to you because you haven't been force fed a steaming plate of Personal Grief yet.

see, that's what you don't get. i would be irrational if i allowed my emotions to control me. entirely possible that i'd be the equivalent of an animal driven merely by instinct instead of a rational human being, if that happened.

Dragon Game profile

May 28th 2012, 22:44:05

Tell you what.. When your mom or dad, brother or sister, wife or girlfriend, or a kid of yours dies at the hands of a drunk/impaired driver or idiot speeder, you tell me how the statistics are still meaningful to you.

Or better yet, become an EMT or Paramedic and go out there and experience this fluff first hand.

I don't personally wish you ill, but it seems that in rare cases, that's the only game changer. Right and Wrong are not based on statistical probability.