Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2012, 20:05:18

this thread was closed really fast, I wanted to ask why military bases should hurt you in private food sale price. Seems like it would be nice to have thme not affect it
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 22nd 2012, 20:25:02

It's a balancing issue.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 20:57:32

tmbr would get more money via that way bild suggests would get tmbr more money to be spent.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:29:38

But if it doesn't raise the private sale price, if it just leaves it as it is, then it's the same price as everyone else's. Why is that bad for balance? I guess this is a way to force MBR destockers to put their food back on the public but they probably would anyway... esp if they're theo
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

ICe Man

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:29:02

See my thread. It actually lowers sell price.
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 3:06:51

I know, I'm suggesting it neither raise nor lower food price, and is just neutral. some people have said it's a balancing issue and i'm wondering why.

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 3:23:47

To make the mbr formula work on all private market goods and not on specific ones.

The formula works the same way for each and all goods, coding bushels out of the formula could create some issues, also there is the problem of people converting to mbr, and then blowing all their stock on the private market to get some SICK income to became a royal pain in the ass suicider, converted mbr are forced to go public or lose almost half of their stock, your suggestion would reduce that lost greatly.

like Slagpit said is a balancing issue, he could had elaborated more, but meh...

----

However, that is just my personal opinion of why it reduces sell price as well.

You could say 6 hours make little difference for a suicider, but we all know that is more than enough to cool our heads after someone wrongs us in some sort of way and we blow it out of proportion by going batfluff crazy on the other guy.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 23rd 2012, 7:24:51

Hm, the usual suggestion is that MBs should be switched to work in the say way that mil tech does. That would be a balancing issue and it's what I thought you meant. Off the top of my head I can't think of any real issues it would cause, but I also can't think of any reasons to change it.

jaabaa Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 17:00:06

its a offset the way it is, and works fine

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2012, 1:44:10

Seems like it might be annoying to have your military bases fluffing up your food price, that's my last thought on it

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 3:34:02

I'm with Slagpit on this one. I can't see any real reason to make MBs not affect the food price, because you can always sell food to public.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 7:26:30

it stops dmbr being able to buy food at 35 from the public and sell at 36 on the private

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 13:30:56

But that's where the game balance issue is right?

You already gain the MBR advantage of cheaper military units to jump with (and also private-to-public-military reselling), you still want the reselling 35 food benefit on top of that?

crest23 Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 13:37:28

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
it stops dmbr being able to buy food at 35 from the public and sell at 36 on the private

I can already do this without being DMBR.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 15:44:08

duh

but Demo/mbr can't!!! with is the whole point

again this is to screw mbr and force them to sell on public, otherwise anything/mbr becomes the easiest destock type ever
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Marshal Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 16:38:30

does any mbr sell food at priv? 23 (theo mbr) vs 32-36.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2012, 17:06:15

Originally posted by Chaoswind:
duh

but Demo/mbr can't!!! with is the whole point

again this is to screw mbr and force them to sell on public, otherwise anything/mbr becomes the easiest destock type ever
Nah, it's just because default is for MB to lower prices, and they never saw reason to bother changing it, as Slagpit said.

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 21:01:14

still is one thing keeping demo/mbr from dominating the game

instead of making demo/mbr or theo/mbr stronger, we should find alternative and new ways of creating destocking methods :P
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2