Verified:

Shootingmailbox Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 21:46:52

Do something productive with your lives.

Edited By: Shootingmailbox on Oct 18th 2011, 1:27:18
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 21:51:44

Deuche.....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Twain Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 21:54:55

mailbox: As a member of PAN, I'll tell you that if you hope to join an established clan, like PAN, you'll have to drop any vendettas you have against a clan like TKO.

Trust me when I say that if you grab other big clans excessively, they'll use their size and power to beat you down so that you're no longer a threat to them. It's not them being jerks. It's actually them being good leaders by protecting their tag.

If you truly have a desire to learn the politics and mechanics of this game in order to have the best success possible, shoot me a private message and I'll be happy to see what I can do to help you. However, most of the big clans are fairly friendly with each other, and that includes TKO and PAN, so the fact that you have one thread asking to join PAN and another thread asking for help in trying to attack TKO isn't going to fly very well with your chances of joining PAN.

Rockman Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 21:56:14

So if you were untagged, and other untaggeds were also suiciding on TKO, how were they to know to not associate your countries with the suiciders? If you had at least made a 1 man tag, then they would know not to lump you in with the other untaggeds that were hitting them...

Oct 17th 2011, 22:12:30

I Digress.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 22:18:12

You'll find yourself gettn killed everytime you do that,take those solid advises and move on,kiddo!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Oct 17th 2011, 22:26:30

Found myself getting killed from the start, so really don't know which chances that improves.

Walding Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 22:27:01

Tagging up in a single tag or with another helps it a lot.

Oct 17th 2011, 22:30:06

Tried that.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 22:30:29

Last set I flew solo,nobody farmed me,take the advice given,create a tag,don't grab land from same tag all the time,very simple comon sense stuff :)
(•_•)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 17th 2011, 22:33:21

Funny that u did 3 hits by the same country then after u were retaled u hit us again all within 24 hours, we killed the only country involved and then u went on another grabbing run,

We had 4 untags that started retaling retals 3 days ago and only found 4 countries so we changed our policy
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Rico Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 22:34:15

I don't love TKO. But Warster is one sexy beast.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 17th 2011, 22:34:59

Funny we always the bad guys yet everyone we have killed this reset was the one who started it
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Rockman Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 22:36:16

Originally posted by Shootingmailbox:
Tried that.

Try not doing dozens of attacks on the same alliance in one day. That will greatly increase your chances of survival.

Oct 17th 2011, 22:43:12

You guys and your records and stat postings can see that it did not progress after the first incidents, as cited in my next group of land grabs which was very spread out.

I expect to get 5-6 retals per country for my attacks, not 300-400-1000 guerilla runs.

Oct 17th 2011, 22:46:39

Even as I post these explainations, I continue to get attacked by *ELY croonies.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 17th 2011, 23:04:26

Retal policy - 1:1 , 2:3, 3:6 , 4:death

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 23:09:32

You're being exterminated,bucko!
(•_•)

Oct 17th 2011, 23:12:30

Sweet, well I'm going back to work tomorrow, so I doubt I'll have any time to play this waste of time. I feel bad for caring this much already.

Enjoy your little elitist worlds, and try to remember at the end of this set, when you're struggling to figure out why you're not in first, how you justified spending those 300-400 turns went in the first couple weeks "proving your point"

What was the point? YOU'RE LOSERS!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 23:18:03

Deuche.....
(•_•)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 17th 2011, 23:23:44

I guess he doesn't realize big alliance have people who only worry about killing suiciders and annoying countries while the real netters go for the top spot lol
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 23:40:13

Ya lol
(•_•)

Roy Williams

Oct 17th 2011, 23:46:54

I am running in a solo tag this set and i have only been grabbed 2 times, and i havnt sought out any official pacts.

I just dont start any fluff and run at least 1 threatening looking retaller, and its all good.

You need the right attitude to be successful as a untag/solotag in this game.

Popcom Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 0:19:15

Sweet, well I'm going back to work tomorrow, so I doubt I'll have any time to play this waste of time. I feel bad for caring this much already.

Enjoy your little elitist worlds, and try to remember at the end of this set, when you're struggling to figure out why you're not in first, how you justified spending those 300-400 turns went in the first couple weeks "proving your point"

What was the point? YOU'RE LOSERS!

wow, you're a fluffing retard
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

KeTcHuP Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 0:29:31

If you have any issues with TKO please contact me via PM and ill work it out with you. Im more then happy to work it out with you.

However we have members willing to sacrifice for the clan. Myself, warster, other leaders, and other members have odne it and will od it anytime. Its nothing to us.

If you know anyhting about TKO you know we dont care about finishing first. We care about being in a clan that cares about its members, and loves having fun. 90% of us that play the game, dont play for the game, we ply for each other and the community. Except Drinks. Wow that guy puts in alot of effort=P. But it covers up for my lazy ass!

Thats why rockman would never join TKO. Well that and he hates my face.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Drinks Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 0:40:40

:)
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Twain Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 0:58:43

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:

Thats why rockman would never join TKO. Well that and he hates my face.

Sorry Ketchup, but we all hate your face. :/

I've talked with mailbox in Private message and I'm convinced he'll try to make things right. He's new back to the game and a bit temperamental, but I'd appreciate if you guys in TKO try to resolve things for him. I've told him if he wants to join PAN, he needs to make things right. I don't know if he will or not, but I think he really just needed to get caught up on expectations of the game. The hits were definitely excessive, but give him a chance. If he fails to make things right, then at least you've tried to foster a positive relationship with a basically new player.

Just killing him off might just drive off a player in this game that could use plenty more new blood (the lack of landgrab targets is definitely the most evident sign of that, after all).

crysk Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:06:38

I'm not one for killing someone for a few grabs, especially untaggeds, knowing many are new to this game. I spent well over an hour pouring over the news and spy ops before I authed the kills. I try my best NOT to kill untaggeds.

BUT

You hit us WELL beyond 4 times with your string, I don't have time to go look it up, but I know it was 12+ within 24 hours. If you expect not to be killed after that, you have some serious learning to do in this game. I welcome new people, but not new people unwilling to learn. I can't sit back and just pretend you're not grabbing my guys constantly. As Ketchup said, some of us are willing to sacrifice for the rest of the alliance. You brought on the killruns yourself.

IF you want to talk about it, get with me. Contacts below. I'll put off killing the rest of your string until you get a hold of me, preferably in the next 24 hours :) Out of pure respect for the game.

P.S. I'm not trying to PROVE anything, just playing a game keeping my guys happy :) Come join us if you'd like a little fun.

Edited By: crysk on Oct 18th 2011, 1:11:31
See Original Post

Oct 18th 2011, 1:17:25

Ridiculous.
Naw, the countries that were fun to play have been ravaged by the crusaders.
I'd delete my countries, but I'd rather you waste more and more turns eliminating the big bad untagged threat.
I understand this gaming community gets smaller every year.
Cheers to keeping it that way guys.
See ya

nico Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:33:02

like roy williams i run my countries with the idea that other tags are to be respected. i play in a single tag so they dont lump me up with other untags/1mantags. i will eventually reach my grabbing phase, and as i told tko, ely and panlv, won't be grabbing them at all this set. these clans are netting tags but not altogether bad people for over-reacting or acting appropriately. listen to people like roywilliams who run 1 man tags successfully, don't overstep and don't start problems. i know personally they all treated me with dignity and were fair in treating my 16 countries as though i were a clan of 300. i didnt even go around for pacts and have been offered friendships.

Twain Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:33:17

Well, nevermind on my previous post.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 18th 2011, 1:41:15

Well since you tried to kill one of our countries just before even after we told u to contact

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Popcom Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:43:46

Ridiculous.
Naw, the countries that were fun to play have been ravaged by the crusaders.
I'd delete my countries, but I'd rather you waste more and more turns eliminating the big bad untagged threat.
I understand this gaming community gets smaller every year.
Cheers to keeping it that way guys.
See ya

let the door hit you on the way out scrub
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:47:55

I'm gonna take Twain's place as grammar nazi ..

**This community & its players are a joke

BOOM
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:49:45

Also, I've got 16 poorly ran monarchies that are ready to whoop ass if need be. It's obvious by your knowledge of the general idea of the game logistics that you're not as ignorant about land grabbing as you're playing off
Wiggity

msn -

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:50:08

Twain get on IRC son
Wiggity

msn -

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:50:27

.. quad post
Wiggity

msn -

Twain Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 2:04:57

I'm gonna get on IRC simply to whip your ass for calling me son.

fluff.

CX LaE Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 2:18:54

Learn the game and recognize the politics behind it or GTFO mate. New players are great, but when they step in, fail to learn the political inner-workings of the game, get pwned cuz of it, and then fluff and moan and cry because they don't know why they're getting WTFPWNED .. they should either slow their roll or GTFO.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

QM Diver Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 4:11:35

1.2.3. ......... AWWWWWWWW!
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Havoc Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 5:29:55

Hey guys, we're a joke!
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

diez Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 5:37:10

At least we know we're funny :">

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 14:35:11

Originally posted by CX LaE:
Learn the game and recognize the politics behind it or GTFO mate. New players are great, but when they step in, fail to learn the political inner-workings of the game, get pwned cuz of it, and then fluff and moan and cry because they don't know why they're getting WTFPWNED .. they should either slow their roll or GTFO.

The very young do not always do what they are told.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 16:58:33

try the team server -
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 17:07:50

lol, good to see you here Shootingmailbox !
try a little dynamite in the mailbox mate, makes it more fun than just shooting in it
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Dragon Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 17:36:51

Like, the 3rd day of the reset, he set to farming up an ESD member. 3rd day of the reset. Grabbing. However, this isn't a discussion about when to start grabbing.

There's a pattern of behavior here. He had a run-in with ESD because of his grabbing practices. Subsequently, he's repeated the same behavior with several other clans.

I *wanted* to give the guy the benefit of the doubt after exchanging PM's with him and even made a post on our site about whether we should cut him some slack.

The guy comes on here all mad and fluff which I might understand if it was a simple case of the Big Clan bullying the Little Guy but that ain't what's going on with this guy. He exhibits a continued unwillingness to not play nice with the other kids. He's not getting any treatment he doesn't deserve right now.

Just sayin'

NightShade

Oct 18th 2011, 20:49:13

Why not... not even a week into the set two of my countries were killed without having done anything beyond batch exploring and building acres. Without jumping to hasty assumptions, I waited to see if this would continue on down the list of my countries, but it didn't as I used virtually the same country names from last set.

Call me paranoid, but I have known some to grind axes for a long time, just ask Potomac and Sphexi, those two were archetypal examples of that. Considering this person's freshly made account, it would seem as if he might be someone we might know well.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Dragon Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:54:30

Nah. I don't think this guy is an Old Schooler with an axe or large club in hand.

As far as YOU getting killed early on, you gotta admit you don't have an exactly long friend list. =P

But you're MY buddy thru and thru. :) God help you that you are named Dragonfriend.

NightShade

Oct 18th 2011, 21:18:04

Whomever hit me, also hit SemperFi, TKO, PAN and a few others, so the fact my countries were hit wasn't some isolated incident makes me feel somewhat better that this wasn't a result of something recent or from the previous decade. However, the fact that others were hit by the same person or group of people does piss me off.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Twain Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 21:24:39

I'm fully with Dragon. I asked the guy to back off making comments and he'd come on here and make edits like the edit on the original post, trying to follow my advice, but it seems he thought these steps would cause an immediate and complete stop to all hostilities towards him.

He farmed people excessively as an untagged on a clan server.
He got mad when big clans attacked him back even more aggressively.
He fluffed and moaned on FFAT when this happened instead of trying to talk nicely to the "big stick" clans.
He only corrected the behavior as long as he thought it would immediately save his own ass.

I don't have anything against this guy. In my PM's with him he was very cordial, but clearly he's both very temperamental and very impatient. If you're going to play as an untagged or one-man tag, you have to be very careful in walking the line and playing nice with the big boys.