Verified:

dagga Game profile

May 10th 2011, 6:15:34

What springs to mind when you remember a war where you think 'my god, how did they possibly lose that war???'.

In EE, my favourite was SOL vs LAF in AUG-OCT last year. They had a huge member advantage. What's yours?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Silent Sentinel Game profile

May 10th 2011, 6:17:28

Anything with RAGE after 2006. Hate to say it but we sucked major ass for a very long time.

Junky Game profile

May 10th 2011, 6:21:09

I havn't paid attention to wars outside the ones I'm in :-P I've yet to lose a war in 1a :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Jiman Game profile

May 10th 2011, 6:33:55

I forget >.>

Devestation Game profile

May 10th 2011, 6:50:46

SS: RAGE won a couple of good ones, I remember a war where we fought IX and later NA in a coalition and we kicked some major ass. But when we were forced to fight by ourselves, we couldn't get more than a few people into a kill run slot at any time and so we simply got steamrolled without resistance every time even if we knew it was coming.

Silent Sentinel Game profile

May 10th 2011, 8:29:07

RAGE didn't win any of those, it was a group effort, but run by WOG (Deity/Aya for the most part).

SolidSnake Game profile

May 10th 2011, 9:11:24

Originally posted by dagga:
What springs to mind when you remember a war where you think 'my god, how did they possibly lose that war???'.

In EE, my favourite was SOL vs LAF in AUG-OCT last year. They had a huge member advantage. What's yours?

laf had a huge advantage of 0 sdi countries vs fully war prep'd countries... yes you are correct, the member difference was pretty much wiped away just by chems.

Soviet Game profile

May 10th 2011, 9:33:12

Originally posted by SolidSnake:

laf had a huge advantage of 0 sdi countries vs fully war prep'd countries... yes you are correct, the member difference was pretty much wiped away just by chems.

Don't point out that fact SS, dagga (and SOL at large) is completely convinced you were ready to fight the instant they FS'ed so in their minds they totally steamrolled you even with such a large country disadvantage.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Thomas Game profile

May 10th 2011, 22:20:23

SoF vs. NA

NA lost 12 seconds into the FS

aponic Game profile

May 10th 2011, 22:58:14

I wouldn´t call any war where SOL got the FS an epic win. Now if a larger LAF had FSed them...
SOF
Cerevisi

Ivan Game profile

May 10th 2011, 23:00:34

lol@thomas true enough

dagga Game profile

May 10th 2011, 23:14:51

aponic, you mean the reset after when LaF did just that and ended up tagkilled? I see how you did that.

signatures are stupid.

archaic Game profile

May 11th 2011, 0:13:59

I remember when IX fs UCN and UCN made a big comeback and won. That was a pretty impressive failure, IX had a dominant position and just got outhustled.

(oops, just saw that this was EE, so I apologize for the wayback machine trip)
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Flamey Game profile

May 11th 2011, 0:44:48

I remember when IX fs UCN and UCN made a big comeback and won. That was a pretty impressive failure, IX had a dominant position and just got outhustled.

Was that the set IX hit UCN, then pre-emptively hit ICN, then pre-emptively hit Ely, then pre-emptively hit SoL. Then LCN hit SoL (but couldn't hit the rest). If I remember rightly IX really smacked UCN in the FS, but they were essentially fighting twice their numbers in a matter of days and in the end decided to help LCN tagkill SoL. Would hardly call ut in impressive failure or say IX was in a dominant position when SoL entered.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 11th 2011, 0:46:16

SOL + iMag vs. LCN+Omega(+Fist)

I think that war was a low point for SOL... Not that they were expected to win outright or anything, but it took under 24 hours for LCN/Omega to start outkilling SOL and the war was basically over in a week.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 11th 2011, 0:47:51

and I'm sure some NA wars fit this description as well - NA must be by far the worst alliance on a per member basis on the server

also wasn't the NaturalS set a pretty big failure for SOL, SoF and RAGE?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

AxAlar Game profile

May 11th 2011, 7:13:27

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
and I'm sure some NA wars fit this description as well - NA must be by far the worst alliance on a per member basis on the server

I believe all of them got tagkilled, but I wouldn't consider that the worst loss in EE.

Collab beating SOL which resulted in the NaturalS debacle was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was due to a poor performance by SOL (then again, I am biased to believe we did an excellent job). Still wouldnt qualify as a bad loss all things considered.

I'd probably have to agree with Thomas on the SOF -> NA war.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Makinso Game profile

May 11th 2011, 9:13:28

hmhmm.

SS that's not completely true. A lot of LAF was stoked on SDI there were only a good 10 - 12 countries on no SDI(while it was 41 vs 74) when it started). It was LaFs inability to put together decent warchats that costed LaF the war.

The set after that LaF hit us fully prepared but with a smaller advantage (70 vs 55 at that point) and we still beat you.

SolidSnake Game profile

May 11th 2011, 10:20:49

Originally posted by Makinso:
hmhmm.

SS that's not completely true. A lot of LAF was stoked on SDI there were only a good 10 - 12 countries on no SDI(while it was 41 vs 74) when it started). It was LaFs inability to put together decent warchats that costed LaF the war.

The set after that LaF hit us fully prepared but with a smaller advantage (70 vs 55 at that point) and we still beat you.

you mean when laf concocted a make shift fs in like 12 hours because you were about to fs laf again... ya fully prep'd, which is why your missile cs killed more than the laf fs.

torment Game profile

May 11th 2011, 12:18:42

if your going back to ucn...how about arrow vs sof?

Detoxxx Game profile

May 11th 2011, 12:19:24

alltime PDM vs suiciders

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

I resent that! Go back to ... whatever place you belong to...you you you...B graded Pirate :P

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

dagga Game profile

May 11th 2011, 12:22:31

However you want to rationalize it SS. We destroyed you two sets in a row and you're still struggling to recover. :)
signatures are stupid.

torment Game profile

May 11th 2011, 13:06:37

Selective memory FTW.

Sol has only ever beaten Laf in two wars in the entire history of the game starting back from 200x to now. But we wont go there now will we?

de1i Game profile

May 11th 2011, 15:30:42

Originally posted by Flamey:

Was that the set IX hit UCN, then pre-emptively hit ICN, then pre-emptively hit Ely, then pre-emptively hit SoL. Then LCN hit SoL (but couldn't hit the rest). If I remember rightly IX really smacked UCN in the FS, but they were essentially fighting twice their numbers in a matter of days and in the end decided to help LCN tagkill SoL. Would hardly call ut in impressive failure or say IX was in a dominant position when SoL entered.

I read the at archive posts about that war every now and then, was a really enjoyable few days for me :)

NOW3P Game profile

May 11th 2011, 15:45:59

to answer the first post - any war dagga lost. Either that or SNILT losing to the i10...but mostly cuz it was just a good fun war.

Why am I not surprised in the least that SoF would take pride in beating a buncha netters who just want to be left alone? Let alone Ivan and Thomas?

Detoxxx Game profile

May 11th 2011, 16:14:06

Originally posted by NOW3P:
to answer the first post - any war dagga lost. Either that or SNILT losing to the i10...but mostly cuz it was just a good fun war.

Why am I not surprised in the least that SoF would take pride in beating a buncha netters who just want to be left alone? Let alone Ivan and Thomas?

Dude, haven't you seen here that the most vocal on AT are represent the minority of opinions in their clan? Each clan has its priorities set and I believe this game is transforming itself. NA never prided itself as being a warclan, but had its moments as well as other clans. If you ask me, over a certain number of active people, you can turn the balance of a war. i.e. if you have a warclan over 40 countries fully prepped midset with all users uberactive u can take on a 70 countries netting clan anytime if you're a good target finder and fairly decent at running a warchat. That doesn't prove you're a good warclan, this proves you're good at keeping secrets. :)

Detox[HoW]

NA Senate

Sifos Game profile

May 11th 2011, 16:18:00

A war-loss implies that a war has taken place. Since all wars are good wars, we may conclude that your question is not rational.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 11th 2011, 17:03:14

the arranged war: sof vs pdm where PDM fs'd early and lost badly.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 11th 2011, 17:07:36

i'd like to dish SoL about their losses, but unfortunately they never learned enough about gaining to be able to lose anything.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 11th 2011, 17:29:01

to be fair to laf, they didn't have a decline due to sol -- they lost all their best most active leaders to either game dev or RL the set that SoL decided to blindside them.
that certainly didn't help them, but I wouldn't call it the core reason.

Edited By: Pang on May 11th 2011, 18:01:32
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 11th 2011, 18:19:05

Originally posted by Makinso:
hmhmm.

The next set SOL outnumbered LAF. Get your facts straight. It was more like 60+ for SOL 40 for LAF. W elos a lot of membership.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 11th 2011, 18:29:44

this is a meanspirited thread and I refuse to participate

CGiboney Game profile

May 11th 2011, 21:01:08

uMonks Vs..........................................................................................................BOTS!!!

Unholy Monks

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 11th 2011, 21:10:39

what monks?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Rockman Game profile

May 11th 2011, 21:12:01

If a war ready alliance FSing and beating a not war ready alliance is one of the worst losses in EE, then that war ready alliance must really suck at war.

War prep + FS = HUGE advantage.

Ivan Game profile

May 12th 2011, 0:25:25

Actually NA fsed us, but they still lost 12 seconds into the FS :P

aponic Game profile

May 12th 2011, 4:43:08

aponic, you mean the reset after when LaF did just that and ended up tagkilled? I see how you did that.

Pretty sure they were smaller
SOF
Cerevisi

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 12th 2011, 5:17:13

ya we were. It was reversed.. SOL outnumbered us by roughly what we outnumbered them the set before, and the war was a lot closer.

AoS Game profile

May 12th 2011, 7:14:00

If we're going back that far...

Mehul vs. Earth!
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Helmet Game profile

May 15th 2011, 15:53:05

Mehul vs. Cheaters

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2011, 18:29:33

I'd like to state that you actually have to put in an effort for it to be a war :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Drow Game profile

May 15th 2011, 21:27:31

yeah I'll have to agree with martian: arranging our war with sof, then hitting early and getting smacked. in our defence, we lost 2/3 of our war team about 3 days before, and our activity that set sucked :(

Paradigm President of failed speeling

En4cer85

May 16th 2011, 6:30:40

at no point has laf ever been war prepped or wargaining when SOL and Laf have fought.

The last time laf wargained and warred was when we killed evo

Jiman Game profile

May 16th 2011, 8:01:38

That sounds kinda odd.

I know for a fact Laf has FSed SOL in the past, are you saying Laf doesnt know how to war and did not prepare before their FS? Pretty crazy thing to say. :P

Ivan Game profile

May 16th 2011, 12:41:29

Just to add to the laf vs sol convo for sheer fun

I remmeber when laf fsed sol and was giving them a good beat down with fewer numbers and sol called in allies on laf

:P