Verified:

ZDH Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 3:45:24

discuss...
-BigZ

locket Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 10:26:16

the americans might catch wind of it... thats never good for whatever non democratic government you have installed. Do you WANT them to force a revolution and lose 14% of everything after bombing runs and espionage?!? Do you!?

spawn Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 17:37:26

you dont want north korea to buy them...
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Thomas Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 23:38:19

I told qzjul this a few nights ago. We need them. It would create better markets as well, since the Netters would invest in it to cash in on a big payday

NOW3P Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 2:32:26

It used to be that way back when Mehul was running the game through Swirve (I think it was Swirve, could have been Solaria too) - I was too noob back then to really have any concept of if it worked or not, although I think they'd have to have a pretty high price floor, or FS'es would be batfluff crazy for missile kills....

ZDH Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 4:20:50

Yeah maybe they could add like a blackmarket where you can buy/sell spies and missles. For outragous prices I think especially the missles. I think it would make FS's crazy and not only that if your netting and get a missle now you can cash in on it.
-BigZ

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 13th 2011, 7:28:58

tagkills would happen a lot faster. thats not good, imo
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

ZDH Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 14:21:35

Yeah but countries are going to die at the same rate for both sides...This just makes the game a little more realistic and brings some new strategy to it I think.
-BigZ

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 13th 2011, 19:26:38

more realistic? how often do countries die by the hundreds in history?
Finally did the signature thing.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 20:17:59

It's happened before...just not in a very short timeframe.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Thomas Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 2:28:17

Originally posted by qzjul:

But countries have and do sell missiles, just like they sell arms.

What would be nice is if we incorporated more strategy to make this game more challenging. You can build residences, but that's pretty general. Condos? Slum apartments? What are you building? What kind of farms? Dairy farms? etc etc. It's like sim city where you have 3 types of Residence, Industrial, Business. Each has it's pros and cons, but would make things a hell of a lot more interesting, much like the bonus system that was rolled out.

We need more spice in this old game that *most* people know like the back of their hand. All the formulas etc are pretty well known. There needs to be new things added to make this game more unpredictable and the formulas behind them need to be kept secret.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 2:32:18

The alliance getting the FS already has a very strong advantage, if anything we need to weaken the advantage the FSing alliance gets, not strengthen it.

Joker Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 12:17:48

I personally agree with it, missiles can be used for extra cash. then you have the option to actually use your cash to make one single attack as strong as you can make it, in the form of a chem for instance. i think the prices would be pretty high for them so missile loving war hungry ppl can have at it. can we at least try one server, maybe Team or primary. i think they will mostly be sold out or priced wayy to high. :)

but then again Everyone will most likely have warfare and we will ALL have alot of missiles LOL 'for the first, at least 10 sets or so'

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 12:22:00

If missiles have a high enough floor price, then new netting strategies can be tried out.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

ZDH Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 21:18:37

Or you could just make missles more scarce to produce joker thus making them worth more.

Thomas I like the idea but not adding 500 different types of buildings I think we should go into detail on military.

Jets...protect bombers. Also defend against bombers
Bombers...blow fluff up

Marines...stronger foot soldier
Troop...same

Battleships
Aircraft carriers must have these to support sending aircrafts. Or something.

When you PS/SS someone 90% of the time your going to send what...jets and only jets. How the hell do you capture acres with jets alone? Doesn't really make any sence blow acres up maybe but not capture them.

The war system is so super basic I think needs to be upgraded I think. Slowly over time though I wouldn't just lay it all on us at once ;-)
-BigZ

Joker Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 23:58:30

i have a strong feeling that the admins' mods who ever is in charge WILL put his feature in. i dont see many objecting to the idea so far' if not, none at all. FS's' will or potentially could be more devastating but early FSing would be the same.

****would there still be a CAP to missiles if you could purchase them (i hope they dont decay, lol)****

War clans see the obvious reason why they would want to buy them and Netters might ONLY see it as being able to sell them, but "if" a netting clan does happen to FSed now they have the option to out spend the other clan with buying missiles and "ruining some ones day."

may i also add for ANY new player they would find this feature FAR more exciting then having to build stock and buy tech or invest in research labs to produce enough tech to get a heap load of missiles "just for kiks", lol soo like i said i have a strong feeling this May be added in game. maybe primary (tho id prefer' in my opinion the fluff server, Team) shhPice it up :)

Joker Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 0:01:24

ohhh LMAO IT fluff's AUTOMATICALLY !!!!!!! ha ha, ahhh i got a kick out of that

Thomas Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 6:29:48

Originally posted by ZDH:
Or you could just make missles more scarce to produce joker thus making them worth more.

Thomas I like the idea but not adding 500 different types of buildings I think we should go into detail on military.

Jets...protect bombers. Also defend against bombers
Bombers...blow fluff up

Marines...stronger foot soldier
Troop...same

Battleships
Aircraft carriers must have these to support sending aircrafts. Or something.

When you PS/SS someone 90% of the time your going to send what...jets and only jets. How the hell do you capture acres with jets alone? Doesn't really make any sence blow acres up maybe but not capture them.

The war system is so super basic I think needs to be upgraded I think. Slowly over time though I wouldn't just lay it all on us at once ;-)

Different types of Troops/Jets etc would be cool.

And I didn't mean 500 different types. You could just do 3 levels of each type.

For instance, a level 1 residence would be a home, a level 2 a complex building, a level 3 a tower. The home would be cheapest, but the tower would cram the most people into a tighter spot, bringing in more $/acre than a home.

Joker Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 6:53:07

i disagree with the idea to make a different troop with different strength's. we buy tech for a reason, to strengthen out army not to make it weaker regular troops will be pretty useless

same with homes and complexes candy shops and ice cream parlors all useless

Thomas Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 20:33:18

Different things they would specialize in, Joker. This game is pretty basic and we all know the ins and outs of it. Would spice things up.

Marine/Ranger/Seal etc. Would all have pros/cons and different expenses/production rates.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 22:20:13

Originally posted by qzjul:

How often are the biggest countries in the world 10 miles by 10 miles? It seems pretty easy to destroy a country that small... particularly considering the military must be completely inoperable. The standard country here has about 25,000 acres and 1M tanks by the end of the round, but before jumping. Assuming 384 square feet per tank (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1.htm) that works out to 35% of our countries' land area being covered in tanks. All of our buildings must be constructed on stilts or something to accommodate that... Last round highrock had 46,453,823 tanks on 36,191 acres at the end of the set... that means he had tanks stacked on top of one another 11 deep while completely disregarding his 35k research labs, 129M troops (well that is fine, we can just have 3 soldiers bunking in each tank) but his 54M turrets are stacked on the tanks? I have no clue where the 95M jets are going though... he has no oil so I am sure they aren't patrolling his skies... most likely all of his crap is just piled into some towering structure in the center of his country. He does have 799 unused acres which when devoted solely to tanks and jets (we'll assume turrets are mounted on research labs... after all which good research lab DOESN'T have 1500 turrets? I know mine sure does!). If we assign a volume to tanks of 3072 cubic feet (overestimation) and jets (hard to find their size, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulfstream_V) a volume of 2000 cubic feet (severe underestimation). Then that comes out to about 800 acres of 9500 foot tall jet and tank pile (assuming all pieces fit together perfectly which is unreasonable). If we say that there is only 66% stacking efficiency then this pile becomes about 14400 feet tall (about 2.75 miles). I will assume that in highrock's 113% military strategy tech his generals are mostly working out arrangements of units to keep things from toppling over and crushing inhabitants of his country...

Rockman Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 22:32:43

Most important question - why would hundreds of countries willingly let people lead their countries who make Kim Jong Il and Islam Karimov look like good leaders? If this game was at all realistic, 99% of us would be deposed as leaders within a week of taking over our countries.

Scorba Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 22:57:12

Back when you could buy and sell missiles in earth they were very cheap, and it was easy getting your country to 99% SDI.

You'd need to find a way to keep the price high enough on them.

spawn Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 22:58:00

Detmer, who says that 1 EE acre is 1 RL acre? since its a post-apocalyptic world 1 EE acre doesnt have to be 1 RL acre :)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Detmer Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 23:20:36

Originally posted by spawn:
Detmer, who says that 1 EE acre is 1 RL acre? since its a post-apocalyptic world 1 EE acre doesnt have to be 1 RL acre :)

Or we can say we're actually just highly evolved fluffroaches.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 16th 2011, 23:24:54

Originally posted by Rockman:
Most important question - why would hundreds of countries willingly let people lead their countries who make Kim Jong Il and Islam Karimov look like good leaders? If this game was at all realistic, 99% of us would be deposed as leaders within a week of taking over our countries.

That is a good point. The per capita income of our citizens is insufficient to buy a bushel of food... based on earthquake recurrence intervals I estimated each turn to be roughly one month so a bushel doesn't have to last a whole year... still hard to raise a family of one on that income... unless of course in EE we are fluffroaches using miniature (by human standards) weaponry. Although our acre-sized farms sure aren't producing much food and if the average acre only houses about 6 fluffroaches...

sorry... got sidetracked...

yeah our people are starving to death and we tax 1/3 of their income. I definitely feel an uprising.

Joker Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 0:14:11

i haven't the slightest clue what some of you are even talking about......???

Scorba i can see how they might end up cheap with the bombardment of missiles hitting the market, but if some one decides that it is time then they will all be taken off the market. only if, you don't want to make decent money and sit on them for a while. besides, this game can be unpredictable at times. If you sell all your missiles for a cheap price. you better hope they are cheap if the time comes that you need them yourself.

Also i can see how ppl would have a problem with it. With, like i said the bombardment off excess missiles on the market and the option of receiving FA, a country could be devastated quick maybe even early in a set. (With or w/o decent SDI) but who know.

i still believe that it should be in for at least a set or two in a server.

Thomas Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 1:43:20

Okay stop talking about this crap. Missiles. Will they be available for purchase at some point or not?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 19th 2011, 4:46:37

unlikely, unless they are rebalanced

Joker Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 23:47:12

well get to balancing them....

this is the best idea in this board, if this is not added then it will be the Same exact game (with bonuses) personally i feel we need something new as you can see i am ALL for i don't even have 1 idea with it, i just agree 100% for 1 server

P.S. don't be lazy LoL :)

ZDH Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 3:43:17

I didn't mean it has to be exactly realistic Detmer lol you have waaay to much time on your hands. But more depth more strategy.

Also I was thinking make the express server the test server. Fast turns to test maybe new unit types or new missles or techs whatever you could test them and if people like it vote on making it in the real game.
-BigZ

diez Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 10:32:09

If we can sell missiles, then we should decrease the % of SDI destroyed when a country successfully repel a missile attack.

What I learnt is that 300-350 Chems can kill any 85% SDI countries, and Nukes can hurt any 80%++ SDI countries that badly still.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 13:00:51

add selling missles and spies to express for a trial run and a unique game exspiernce!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Thomas Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 13:29:44

Selling missiles would make war techs more in demand as well. Lets do it..... at least experiment on a server?

Joker Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 8:49:15

kwat har we waitin 4

Thomas Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 22:46:18

This forum is pretty pointless if the admins barely address the suggestions.

Rockman Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 0:52:36

A suggestion to make suiciding much easier and more damaging. Such a surprise that they've not given it much time.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 3rd 2011, 3:15:45

Tinysub[SYN] Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 8:01:18

instead of saying get to balancing and all this. Come up with a better idea.

U put missles on the market. Basicly to a well stocked country this means massive chem runs on a day to day basis.

How about instead. Put a limit on how many missles u can buy on a 24 hour basis.

And balance that. Start out with maybe 5 and work your way down if its to strong. even buying 2-3 missles 24 hours would make a real difference in a war.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 3rd 2011, 20:39:08

as slag said:

1)
well get to balancing them....

Suggestions?

Specifically with regards to:
a) how to prevent from making FS's insane?
b) how to prevent from suiciding easier?

2) Adding new items on the market is not particularly trivial; third-party hosting site providers for one know that we have itemid's from 1-17 atm I believe; tech being >6; while we could simply append some more, we'd need to go through quite a bit of code to make the change, as they'd probably be on the normal market page. But a bigger change would be that the market feeds for hosting sites would all need to be updated, so we'd have to give them a few weeks at least of warning.

It's kindof like... in an office building, saying, why don't we just add an extra floor in between the first and the second? It *can* be done, but it's a bit of effort for sure.

3)

This forum is pretty pointless if the admins barely address the suggestions.

I think we addressed this fine; and also we tend to address more serious & practical suggestions.

Plus I've responded to this same suggestion in probably 5 or 8 threads over the last year and a half. If everybody read the B&S forum every day they'd realise quite a few of these suggestions are duplicates (and things that we too may have thought of ;)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 3rd 2011, 20:43:03

If we responded to every single thread and all of the inevitable arguing in each that would result, there wouldn't be time to do anything else.

aponic Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 22:42:43

If you see an admin post on the thread, the chances are that it has been relayed to the development board.
SOF
Cerevisi

dagga Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 3:48:59

I don't like seeing the admins say 'rebalance'.

That generally means a lessening of war. i.e. max warfare tech to 3%
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22