Verified:

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:17:16

This was posted on a thread in AT by myself

http://forums.earthempires.com/...ong-about-alliance-server

Originally posted by Forgotten:
remove the governments, REMOVE them all.

instead, further develop the bonus section with all sorts of country bonuses. by default, you start with X amount of points, that would be about the same as the current different country bonuses. I'm talking about having 20 or 30 different bonuses you can invest in, or maybe even have some that has a positive attribute but comes WITH a negative attribute, like +15 explore rate but -20% military strength, but then you can either use some points to increase military strength from another bonus, with no negatives, but cost more.

creates total chaos/random/UNIQUE country attributes ( of course, most netters would be able to figure out what they want the most, but there will be lots of testing and tuning) *If I'm farmer, do I want 10% food bonus or 10% better explore rate? Do I put some in military cost? What about spy strength? hmm*

would also create DIFFERENT war strategies, different styles.

give a spy bonus to give FALSE data to spy ops, tell them you have 500k less defense and watch the opposition DH!

And more importantly, spy ops cannot tell (other then defensive strength), only advisor update can load to your selected hosting website.

another thing I would suggest is to limit the amount of attacks in 24 hours to 50. lowers effectiveness of FS, increases more interesting scenerios for wars.

raise that 1/12 networth border to 1/8, or even 1/6.

give the little guys a chance, better chance, or maybe country under 2mil networth have that border to 1/2 even.

Edited By: Forgotten on Feb 27th 2012, 17:54:32
See Original Post
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 3rd 2011, 22:36:33

governments are fun!
Finally did the signature thing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 3rd 2011, 22:55:43

go play civilization 4 or 5.... especially 5!

:p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 23:21:25

hey, just saying, i mean, some people in that thread was suggesting that government types gives away too much information about the country
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

NOW3P Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 8:06:21

My biggest fear (of many) in regards to this would be that even with an enhanced bonus system, removing gov't types would tear out a huge chunk of the dynamic that makes this game continually interesting.

Unfortunately, this game w/o gov't types would look something like this:

http://www.feoamante.com/...Manson/images/MM_MA01.jpg

Forgotten

Mar 4th 2011, 8:52:42

i think it would increase dynamics and hides what other alliances are planning to do.

right now, at start of set, if I see an alliance full of rep or fascist, they are netting.

but if there's a bunch monarchs... u know that they plan for war.

i think it would be great to NOT know of government types
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Detmer Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 14:11:01

I have sort of been against this idea silently in my head but I would be down as long as there were no government conversions and what you started with is what you finished with. The penalty for conversion would have to be much steeper than what it is now OR later conversion would reveal your government details.

Forgotten

Feb 26th 2012, 21:17:45

bump!

i swear, this will be awesome
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

highrock Game profile

Feb 27th 2012, 1:06:56

agreed with both forgotten and detmer
formerly Viola MD

legionx Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 2:58:43

yeah it should be a secret, and only a super spy raid would reveal the government type

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 18th 2012, 13:42:13

could just simply stop showing gov type in scores/search/public ?

other types of bonuses would be pretty cool, i've even heard suggestion of ways to have clan-wide bonuses, where u donate points/etc to your clan to purchase bonuses that work clan-wide.

I dont think getting rid of government would be good tho. just wouldn't feel right to play a country without a government
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Forgotten

Mar 19th 2012, 9:42:18

What if there was some sort of measurement of what type of government it is depending on which bonuses you pick?

Something like picking the bonus to neglect Humanatarians by a certain %. would move your political scale closer to dictatorship/tyranny.

or more investment into casher type bonuses moves you closer to republic...

or a religous themed bonus to theocracy.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 19th 2012, 20:09:48

kind of like nationstates?:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 20:14:59

I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

trainboy Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 19:33:36

i dunno fairly radical and would suck for me as i never remmeber to do bonuses :P

hiding govs could be useful :P

Forgotten

Apr 8th 2013, 19:19:41

BUMPADIBUMP
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

warmaniac Game profile

Apr 20th 2013, 16:35:30

Would there be balancing issues? It eventually there won't be strategy variants, but instead jus ONE ultimate strategy since we get to choose the bonuses or attributes.. So I guess it's not exactly the best change..