Verified:

Khavic25 Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 2:43:38

Originally posted by Dragon:
Yes, let's ignore the "Dragon Drama" because we'd not want to admit that we think we can dictate how the game should be played based on our ability to eliminate any opposition to it.

More accurate would be:

"Yes, let's ignore the "Dragon Drama", as Dragon has already proven himself to be a sniveling tool who wants to take his ball and go home every time things do not go the way he thinks they should."

Damn missed it

Twain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 2:59:19

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
As for NBK attacking people randomly, and never being on the short end of the stick...

Set 1 -> AoDt declared war on NBK
Set 2 -> AoDT AND Syn declared war on NBK
Set 3 -> AoDT with Syn members tagged AoDT declared war on NBK
Set 4 -> NBK killed AoDT
Set 5 -> NBK declared war on Pan
Set 6 -> SoF was going to attack NBK, so we had to hit first
Set 7 -> NBK declared war on Focus and Pan

In almost everycase, war was brought to us. Not NBK going out of its way to kill innocent people.

And in 5 of those 7 sets, you guys warred against other clans that are basically war clans, or at least were planning on warring that set. In neither of the two sets we've warred now did we have ANY intention of warring you guys, and if someone got in your ear and convinced you otherwise this set, I give you full assurances, you've been manipulated.

Furthermore, even in your attempt to bring up a netgaining war against us, you still apparently feel you have the right to dictate terms to us by saying no self-farming. We've warred you twice, where you got to pick the terms of how the game was played. If we're going to have a netgaining war, then as the netgaining clan, it should be by OUR terms, considering this is now 2/7 of the existence of FFA that we've played on your terms. Otherwise, you're still dictating how WE play the game, you're just offering us input before you decide for us anyway.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 4:28:54

Come on Twain, you know we won't self farm. Challenging you to a netgaining would be just us shooting ourselves. And don't think we pretend to know differently.

As for all those sets, NBK legit tried to netgain 2 of them, 2 more it wanted to netgain, but didn't work. We aren't netters, but I would bet a dollar to your quarter, that if we tried under normal circumstances, someone would jump us.

Sure I might be paranoid, but someone always has something to prove, and what better way to do it then jump a war clan while netting. Which is what happened since EE started.

I know it is fair you pick the netgaining terms, but we just won't self farm. At that point it isn't fair terms unless NBK removes its 5 hit per day limit.

Everyone has a different version of fair. My version of fair, is equal. And if it involves self farming then it isn't equal to us. This isn't some randomly come up with term, or some cheap way to get land. NBK had this rule since earth2025 started. We Do Not Self Farm.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Pain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 4:59:37

Come on Twain, you know we won't self farm. Challenging you to a netgaining would be just us shooting ourselves. And don't think we pretend to know differently.

As for all those sets, NBK legit tried to netgain 2 of them, 2 more it wanted to netgain, but didn't work. We aren't netters, but I would bet a dollar to your quarter, that if we tried under normal circumstances, someone would jump us.

Sure I might be paranoid, but someone always has something to prove, and what better way to do it then jump a war clan while netting. Which is what happened since EE started.

I know it is fair you pick the netgaining terms, but we just won't self farm. At that point it isn't fair terms unless NBK removes its 5 hit per day limit.

Everyone has a different version of fair. My version of fair, is equal. And if it involves self farming then it isn't equal to us. This isn't some randomly come up with term, or some cheap way to get land. NBK had this rule since earth2025 started. We Do Not Self Farm.

so remove the 5 hits per day rule.
Your mother is a nice woman

Popcom Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 5:13:35

Originally posted by Pain:

so remove the 5 hits per day rule.

the QQ flood would drowned us all lol
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Pain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 6:03:46

so do you see why people tend to self farm? if noone did that and everyone made grabs you would be screwed cause there isnt enough targets to choose from if you have to limit to 5 hits/day for a whole clan to prevent causing issues and getting into a war because of excessive hitting. when there used to be 20-30k countries it wasnt an issue because half were untagged multi/bot/inactive countries so there was alot of land and targets to go around.

next set if im not going to be warring again im going to do alot of grabbing just to try to see it from NBK's point of view. if cannot at least beat my all-x finishes from last set then i will go back to self farming.
Your mother is a nice woman

Twain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 16:11:40

Ultimately, that's your choice. You can play the way you want to, and if you're not able to compete with us in netgaining, that's fine, but we're not telling you that you HAVE to netgain.

We play the way we want to, and typically, because of that and because of the type of players we attract, we cannot compete with you guys in a war, but we're being told we can't netgain (I would say we're being told we have to war, but I guess ultimately, that's our choice whether we put up a fight or not.) Obviously, you guys have at least given us a sporting chance by declaring on us and FoCuS (and I guess officially KA as well, even though they're busy with CC), so I give you credit for that at least, but ultimately, it's still a matter of us being forced to play the game in a way that we'd prefer not to, and I'm not trying to be pissy or juvenile (like "I'll take my ball and go home") when I say this, but as I've said before, if war clans are going to continue to declare war on us for virtually no reason other than to entertain themselves, then the amount of time I spend on this game vs. the amount of fun I have playing it doesn't make it a good investment of my time, and I'd rather entertain myself in some other way.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 16:26:12

You argue that you want to play by your own rules when it comes to netting, and the reason it is good is that you don't force people to play by them.

You are wrong.

The reason most of the people self farm is to compete in NW. And I don't think anyone here says you can compete without it. By the mere fact of self farming being so good, forces people to use it or have no chance.

So on one hand people whine if we war, then you are saying we don't HAVE to netgain. Well looks like the only way to make everyone happy is to sit around and do nothing.

Which brings back your other statement about good investment of time? Why would we play pointless countries that never do anything to make people like you happy.

Just like anything there are terms, and we asked for a good ol fashioned netting competition, which was turned down by your choice.

As for warring with no reason? You are in a coalition, made up mostly of clans who want to war, while you are building war countries. It was your choice to join a coalition, the last coalition Pan was in, killed NBK in a gangbang.
NBK

Dragon Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:00:36

Originally posted by Khavic25:
More accurate would be:

"Yes, let's ignore the "Dragon Drama", as Dragon has already proven himself to be a sniveling tool who wants to take his ball and go home every time things do not go the way he thinks they should."

Sniveling Tool. I kinda like that. Next set, I GOTTA use that as one of my country names.

Thanks!

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:14:33

Be careful though, Rapeasaurus Rex (#5190), might take advantage of you :P
NBK

Dragon Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:20:08

Hell. If I get as drunk as I was last night when I started this thread, I might *let* him.

You never know.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:22:03

Ah drunk FFAT posting, Bsnake still has you beat for that, haha. He didn't remember anything other then logging into earth one day.
NBK

Dragon Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:23:39

He's a professional though. Although my wife informs me that I was a "treat" in Vent last night. I was all, like, "yeah I was, wasn't I?" and fluff.

I got no clue what I said, man. None.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:26:11

Hahaha, hate it when you just can't ask. One party I went to, I didn't remember too much but the police were called at one point, and there was a hole through a wall, both sides. No one wanted to talk about it, so it took me 6 months before my friend finally told me, lol.

Luckily non of it involved me!
NBK

Dragon Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:28:35

Well, she wasn't pissed off at me, so I must not have been too bad.

Bad part is that when I was younger, I could drink a couple fifths of Jack Black and remember every painful minute of the night. Nowadays, I get amnesia as soon as I open the first beer.

Dragon Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:33:35

It's like that whole country deletion thing. I was fluff-faced when I did it. I should never ever check in on stuff like that when I'm loaded.

And then, you gotta try and stick up for what you did when you're sober and you look even more stupid. Which is why I said I was being a doosh afterwards.

Hell yes I overreacted. What kind of MORON deletes his......countries......because.....of.........ummm...

Boy. It's a beautiful day here today. In the 60's.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 18:39:38

Haha, k its all fine man. I shouldn't lead kill runs while I'm hammered either, haha.
NBK

Twain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 20:01:08

K4F: The problem with your style of thinking is that it's constantly in "How are we getting screwed?"

I understand you're a warring clan and for you, it's only fun to war. I've NEVER said you shouldn't war, so much of your argument is total BS to begin with. I've simply said maybe you should attack someone that actually WANTS to war.

I'm not going to get into your specific arguments, because I don't see the point. My point is this: When you war someone, you tell them how they HAVE to play the game, otherwise they don't survive. When we choose to netgain, it doesn't force you to netgain, it doesn't force you to war. You can still do whatever you want to do.

So all I'm saying is everyone wins if you choose to war another clan that actually WANTS to war.

Oh, and on a side-note, I finished last set ranked 19th with 27k acres, a perfectly attainable amount of land for someone landgrabbing or even playing all-explore. So the fact that you can't compete without self-farming just isn't true as long as there aren't people grabbing up to millions and millions of acres like llaar did (when, by the way, you were pacted to them).

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 20:04:58

Finished 19th, with 27k acres mostly self farmed. First of all you didnt have to have military to get it, you didn't have to really worry about defending it since NBK was in a war. You got your land goal a TON sooner then a grabber or explorer would have. And even after all that you only got 19th, so don't be talking about competing by comparing apples to oranges.
NBK

aponic Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 20:48:11

They grabbed us a lot which caused us to war them. If you are suggesting they implore that strategy for getting into wars, SOF Alliance was highly criticized for doing just that. It is hard to find targets to war set after set. I think NBK puts a good bit of effort into finding wars in which they *can* lose, in the case of this reset, or ones that they have instigated, in the case of last reset. You can't please everyone, but they do a better job than most of us would to make things competitive.
SOF
Cerevisi

Twain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 22:01:58

Actually, to be honest, the country that got 19th was a P.O.S. country most of the set, so no, I didn't hit land goals earlier. I hit them VERY late with that country. And I grabbed more and explored more last set than I have since I started self-farming.

And quite honestly, I don't want this to be a huge fluff fest between the two of us. All I've been trying to get across to you is this idea:

This is a game that resets every two months. For a netter, the desire is to finish well, and for the most part, if you want to finish well with all or most of your 16 countries, that does take the full two months. When you target us for war, you not only tell us that your desires are not only more important than ours, but moreso enough that it gives you a reason to ruin the game for us. I'm not trying to say this to imply you guys are intentionally selfish. I'm guessing as a war clan, you haven't given much thought to how it feels to have a netting set ruined, so I'm moreso implying ignorance than selfishness.

Ultimately though, your arguments aren't even consistent. You're acting like I'm saying "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WAR!" I'm simply pointing out how much it sucks when you war a clan that doesn't WANT to war and has made efforts to stay out of your way so they wouldn't be your target.

You can claim the xGD is the reason you warred up, but ultimately you declared on us two sets ago when we WEREN'T in a coalition, so either way, we're screwed.
You can claim that we built war countries and that's why you warred us, but you also hate self-farming, and we weren't self-farming, so either way we're screwed (and for the record, we thought IMP/Swords might be coming after us for what happened last set)

And I'm not claiming they should shove a clan around until they declare on them. I'm saying if they want to war, war someone that will actually want to war back, because after all, they'll actually be a challenge, since they'll be more likely to restart time after time, wall, and keep up hits on a daily basis. No matter how much we try, every time we war, we're going to have members who bow out, and that's not because they're disloyal or bad people. It's because they don't find it fun to sit around in a chat and kill, or get text messaged and jump on a computer immediately to wall. If you enjoy this, that's absolutely fine. I'm not telling you how to play the game.

Ultimately, I just don't want other people telling ME how to play the game either.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 22:19:39

In a typical set, how many clans actually netgain in FFA?

Twain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 22:24:27

More than in this set. This set's pretty unusually war heavy.

TKO has done a very good job staying under the radar.
Usually we netgain.
FoCuS had netgained the last several resets.
Before their merger, SoF had a few netting sets in a row.

There's usually at least 3-4 clans that put together successful netting sets. This time around it's pretty much just going to be TKO. Well, I guess IMP maybe, but I don't know if they're actually netting, since they're not normally netters.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 22:27:57

So basically you are saying you will do whatever you want, and I can do whatever I want, as long as I don't bother you.

You are saying my arguements aren't consistent, we offered to net with yah, you declined. And you say the reason you declined was cause we were offering the competition on our terms, but on the other hand, you expect us to go by your terms if we do try.

I guess letting you have your terms to the letter, we could just change our grab rules to the old way too. No farming small tags, and no doubletaps/more on same country.

Well on the plus side your stance is clear, you can do what you want :D
NBK

Twain Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 22:41:47

I've made my point over and over again in this thread, K4F. Ultimately, you've made it very clear. When we didn't want to play by your terms in a netgaining "war" apparently that made you unhappy. Whenever I say something about us not wanting to get hit, you twist it around to "What are we supposed to do? Just sit around and do nothing?" Ultimately, you're looking at this not from a larger point of view, but from the point of view of: "If I'm not allowed to play the game the way I want to play it this set, that sucks." But ultimately, that's what you've done to PANLV two out of three sets. You've declared on us, basically telling us: "Hey, I know you're netters and all, but guess what, this set you can't netgain."

As a netgaining clan, we're unable to reciprocate and force you to play the way we play. We can't force you to netgain and self-farm. And yet you still think it should be all about what you want. You've gotten your way every set. You've gotten to war. I've gotten to truly play the game the way I want to play it just a few times out of 7 sets.

Basically, when a warring clan hits a netgaining clan, only one side is happy--the warring clan. If two warring clans hit each other, they BOTH get what they want--a war! And the netgaining clans are left to netgain. Everyone wins. But it seems like your only goal is for NBK to have fun and that no one else matters.

That's the point. And if you can't see how much that sucks from the other side, then nothing I'm going to say hereafter is going to do any better of a job to get it into your head.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 23:15:28

Only 2 of the wars NBK were in, were started by NBK....although I will admit Pan was involved in both. Also honestly, had you not been in GD we would have not warred.

Not gonna throw a wall of text at yah, but there yah go.
NBK

Twain Game profile

Feb 18th 2011, 0:29:20

Fair enough.

I was pretty much thinking this was about the time to just agree to disagree, anyway.