Verified:

dagga Game profile

Feb 9th 2011, 10:35:07

qz, is there a reason that there are no attacking war bonuses in the latest raft of bonus changes?

I'd love to see;

* 0.5% Spy Bonus per 8 pts
* 0.5% Attack bonus per 8 pts
* 1% Spoils of War bonus per 16 points (increase Mil Strat for more returns)
* 1% Oil Reduction per 16 pts (less oil required per hit)

Lots of help for netters and de-stockers - but a few additions for war would be awesome :) Only so many points you can spend in a reset so there wouldnt be too much imbalance.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

swampy Game profile

Feb 9th 2011, 10:44:20

Yep sounds good

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 9th 2011, 10:46:14

10% extra missiles would be cool too :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

swampy Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 0:08:35

Oh yeah whats the go with the lack of cruise missiles?? you hardly get them.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2011, 0:18:01

Most of those were part of the initial draft but they didn't make the final cut. War leaders felt that wars were already too offensively loaded and it would be better to have defensive or indirect bonuses related to warring.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 1:56:53

Yeah, all of the "netting" bonuses help you gear up for war.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 2:53:07

i am in favour of the missile bonus. we need our WMDs!
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

dagga Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 11:22:31

I have to admit I don't agree with this. War leaders? Why would war leaders want to not enhance the aspect of war countries?

Come on. War is a very important part of this game and needs just as much attention as increasing the private market limits of TMBRS.
signatures are stupid.

Chewi Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 20:11:41

Luck = bonus to missile production.
Def bonus is also useful for war.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2011, 21:21:42

def & luck are huge for war; luck also increases odds of breaking during attacking (or decreases odds of failing, however you want to look at it)

Turns are also useful for an FS....

Also wrt war leaders; the war guys know what it's like to be on the receiving end of an FS and keep that in mind too :) making FS's all powerful is all very well and good until you get blindsided....
Finally did the signature thing.

dagga Game profile

Feb 11th 2011, 0:11:56

Is there anywhere that lists exactly how much luck helps in missile production? Is there a formula or a percentage somewhere? For it to be a real bonus (in line with say, having a 4x Food Boom for a netgaining country producing 200k bushels a turn) I assume the 3/4/5% luck bonus simply gets added to Warfare Tech?

Defense bonus - very good. I like it but to be fair, was probably the only real 'war bonus' introduced due to complaints about alliances getting 'blindsided'. I think we need to get away from that term, as being blindsided means that your politics was not good enough to keep you out of war or not good enough to have allies at the ready to help you out. Sometimes the best defensive bonus is having a great leadership team.

Bonuses are great and a huge addition to the game, but care must be taken to make sure the dynamics of war are also improved and advanced. If we are looking at this through unbiased eyes - netgaining has scored a huge (and I mean huge) goal here but war seems to have been left on the kerbside a bit.

Please consider the war bonuses listed above in future sets? :)
signatures are stupid.

Makinso Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 0:43:00

Hhmmmm I was one of the few who spoke against offensive war bonuses with qz in private that is.

While I do think it would be a neat little boost it's unnecessary. Now more defensive bonuses would actually be fun. Consider being on the receiving end of an FS and having one of the following bonuses.

10% SDI Boost for 18 hrs for 6 points.
10% Defensive spy boost(working against succes rate of the attacking spy country) for 12 hrs for 4 points
5 - 7% less population lost by attacks for 18 hrs for 8 points

Just suggestions haven't crunched any numbers on them. But they just popped to mind when considering bonus points to while you are on the receiving end of an FS.

dagga Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 8:14:15

I think the attacking element of the game should not be forgotten. I guess it's a matter of opinion of how you think the server should be played.
signatures are stupid.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 6:24:56

not be forgotten?

they're already overpowered as-is. maybe we should consider that before we look at beefing it up more :p

if you don't think "netting" changes have a direct impact on war countries, you should go back to country building 101.

maybe consider the holistic aspect of the game, rather than trying to hone in on the singular areas you care about for a change.

that's what all the staffers do :p

it's like saying that you want to make your car drive faster, so you want to put a bigger engine in it, but you're unwilling to consider that updating the fuel mix may be equally as relevant to making a faster overall car.

please stop trying to paint things as if we aren't doing thing to help war countries, as that is not at all the case.
kthxbye

Edited By: Pang on Feb 13th 2011, 6:30:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 7:27:20

pang dont poke the bear :P hes being so polite lately ;)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 7:45:42

hmm?

my post is absolutely on topic, discussing how the changes we make look at the holistic part of the game. I know dagga knows that country building is an important part of war -- I even preached that in SoL when we were both playing there :p

good on dagga for bringing new ideas forward, but that last post saying that we've forgotten the fighting element is just not accurate and I take major offense to that. that's not at all the case and I definitely want that to be clear to everyone, if it wasn't already. :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 8:19:15

lol yah i know :P but if we all walk quietly around him this place might stay more enjoyable ;)

I think you guys fail in helping my country better. I have 1 useless bonus point from a bug! Admins are doing terrible! ;)

dagga Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 11:03:41

Just keeping you on your toes. Carry on.
signatures are stupid.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 17:11:49

Originally posted by dagga:
Just keeping you on your toes. Carry on.

same to you.
:)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 17:18:19

What bug?