Verified:

MrEd Game profile

May 6th 2024, 17:22:46

Edited By: MrEd on May 7th 2024, 15:12:59

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 6th 2024, 17:28:44

I have notified Sir Jouster of your post. He will be along....
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

MrEd Game profile

May 7th 2024, 0:37:05

Originally posted by EmpyreanMKR:
I have notified Sir Jouster of your post. He will be along....

Thanks

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 7th 2024, 0:55:36

Maybe you had some warfare tech onhand, if I was playing I would have killed you for that alone..
Do as I say, not as I do.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2024, 1:05:51

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Maybe you had some warfare tech onhand, if I was playing I would have killed you for that alone..

Mercs has a spot for you

Turtle Crawler Game profile

May 7th 2024, 1:59:23

Clearly good at getting missiles

SirJouster Game profile

May 7th 2024, 2:09:19

You were grabbed, you responded with missiles, you died

Thank you for playing Earth Empires

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 7th 2024, 2:50:51

jouster has spoken.
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 7th 2024, 4:41:02

Originally posted by SirJouster:

Chivalry2 player by chance?
Do as I say, not as I do.

MrEd Game profile

May 7th 2024, 7:47:12

Edited By: MrEd on May 7th 2024, 15:13:30

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2024, 10:48:35

Originally posted by MrEd:

Your clan pretended to want me to join so that you could sneak attack for a grab. For that deceitful trash I responded with missiles. Glad to know that you're admitting this publicly so other potential recruits will know that you don't really want them in your clan but that it's just a set up.

I think they really did want you in their clan. It's just a situation where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. You're the third solo player that has had run in's with M4D on this server so far.

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 7th 2024, 12:26:59

Alliance = group.

I dont see how we're surprised by a couple solo players having "run-ins" with an alliance on alliance server.

ITS IN THE NAME OF THE SERVER.

Edited By: EmpyreanMKR on May 7th 2024, 12:32:47
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2024, 14:04:38

No, you're right Empy. I apologize.

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 7th 2024, 14:11:02

Who are you and what did you do to blackhole?
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

VicRattlehead Game profile

May 7th 2024, 14:39:15

Your clan pretended to want me to join so that you could sneak attack for a grab. For that deceitful trash I responded with missiles. Glad to know that you're admitting this publicly so other potential recruits will know that you don't really want them in your clan but that it's just a set up.

There are more of us than every other tag. If I ingame message someone to recruit them, I am not then going to message all the countries in our tag that "hey I reached out to this guy don't hit him." If you want tag protection, join a tag, otherwise, as everyone else keeps saying, it's in the name of the server. Solos are automatically regarded as hostile suiciders, because they so frequently are.

MrEd Game profile

May 7th 2024, 15:11:14

Edited By: MrEd on May 7th 2024, 15:14:03

MrEd Game profile

May 7th 2024, 15:14:58

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:

There are more of us than every other tag. If I ingame message someone to recruit them, I am not then going to message all the countries in our tag that "hey I reached out to this guy don't hit him." If you want tag protection, join a tag, otherwise, as everyone else keeps saying, it's in the name of the server. Solos are automatically regarded as hostile suiciders, because they so frequently are.

I believe that. In fact kind of figured it was the case but wanted to go ahead and stir the pot

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2024, 15:27:40

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:

Where is this rule written? Also, how is that good for the game? I've been told that M4D's intention is to grow the game. So would you mind explaining to me how targeting all solo players (presumably, new players are going to start as solo) and treating them as hostile suiciders helps the game grow?

May 7th 2024, 15:33:34

The admins and some of the community have already insisted and determined that this kind of interaction is good for the game. If you think they are wrong then by all means go advocate for clan GDI BH.

May 7th 2024, 16:05:09

These forums need an ignore button. BH is just tiresome.

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 7th 2024, 16:16:46

dearest BH, you're making up stories again. We never said we were here to pick on all single players and all one man tags. We simply said we were playing the old way, land fat defenseless targets will be grabbed. So get defenses. Join a clan. Or politely cry me a river.
Have a nice day.

Edited By: EmpyreanMKR on May 7th 2024, 16:25:39
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2024, 16:45:21

I apologize everyone, I believe I may be not communicating clearly.

I'm not insinuating you are picking on single targets. I was responding specifically to this quote.

"Solos are automatically regarded as hostile suiciders, because they so frequently are."

If you want to attack solo targets, go for it. I think you are well within your right to do so. And if you want to attack fat targets, go for it. I think people should have defense.

The only point I'm trying to make is that, unless I'm mistaken, a brand new player is going to start the game.... solo. Right?

And if they do, and M4D's stance is that all solo players are suiciders and hostile, then it seems to me that it's very likely that a brand new players first experience with this game will be being killed.

And that is totally fine, I suppose. The only question I'm asking, and it is just a question, is whether or not that is good for the retention of new players?

TC - I'll respond to you as well. I don't think all of the admins and community have 'determined' that it is good for the game. In fact, I believe it has been floated that all new players could be thrown into a 'newbie' tag if you will. And I think for this very reason that I'm illuminating. To give them the opportunity to learn the game without being trashed.

If you really want to know what I think is good for the game, I'd point to Coalie. When I was brand new here and had a very small tag, do you know what Coalie did? He joined me. He helped me teach other new players, he empowered me to be a leader, he provided tools to me, he taught me some of the nuances of the game. The end result was that I had a tag that competed against his tags, actually, for many many months, until I ultimately chose to step away from alliance leadership.

That seems to be the opposite of what M4D is doing, which is 'join us or die'.

TC, maybe you're right though. Maybe that M4D approach is the better approach. I could be an idiot.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2024, 17:08:13

You were a good clan leader bhole. We had fun competing against you

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 7th 2024, 17:39:50

Our approach is our approach.
You arent on the inside. So most of what you think our approach is, is the made up ramblings of a deluded narcissist with attention deficit issues.
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

May 7th 2024, 18:50:11

I should probably mention every time I post what my official capacity is. I will keep that in mind.

Rattlehead, in charge of nothing.

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2024, 19:09:22

Originally posted by EmpyreanMKR:
Our approach is our approach.
You arent on the inside. So most of what you think our approach is, is the made up ramblings of a deluded narcissist with attention deficit issues.

Yea, that's probably true. Which is why I attempted to frame my post in terms of questions, because I was legitimately curious.

I apologize for coming off as presumptive, however.

May 7th 2024, 19:26:32

You should watch how people act and imitate them, preferably someone who never causes issues and doesn't post. The results will astound you.

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2024, 20:19:11

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:
You should watch how people act and imitate them, preferably someone who never causes issues and doesn't post. The results will astound you.

You know TC - I've never tussled with you before, as you were always on 'my side' with regards to the Laf vs Mercs stuff.

But I gotta say, you're a real... special person.

I think the most succinct way I would describe you is you are the smartest dum-dum in the classroom. But sometimes you're allowed into the AP classroom, with actual smart kids. And you think you're also the smartest kid there. But you're just.... really really not. Like, so astoundingly not that the actual smart people look at you in amazement. It's really something quite special to behold.

Josey Wales

May 7th 2024, 20:55:49

Originally posted by BlackHole:

You know TC - I've never tussled with you before, as you were always on 'my side' with regards to the Laf vs Mercs stuff.

I think the most succinct way I would describe you is you are the smartest dum-dum in the classroom. But sometimes you're allowed into the AP classroom, with actual smart kids. And you think you're also the smartest kid there. But you're just.... really really not. Like, so astoundingly not that the actual smart people look at you in amazement. It's really something quite special to behold.

That’s some good material right there. Grade-A Smack. Pure platinum.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2024, 22:44:10

Originally posted by Josey Wales:

That’s some good material right there. Grade-A Smack. Pure platinum.

+1

Cathankins Game profile

May 7th 2024, 23:30:41

The words of a psychopath

SuperFly Game profile

May 7th 2024, 23:36:16

Originally posted by Cathankins:

The words of a psychopath

the entire community is noticing how you literally call everyone a physcopath on these forums. Time to get you a mirror because eventually you need to clue in that the problem / physchopath is actually you lol

Cathankins Game profile

May 8th 2024, 1:57:38

I am fairly certain turtle will recognize I was joking with him.

That’s amusing you always have to bring others into your arguments and appeals to authority to try and intimidate people. What a goofball little tyrant wannabe you are SF. What a cowardly mindset to even think that would matter to me.

SirJouster Game profile

May 8th 2024, 2:55:25

n the early days, many of us came to the alliance server from primary or tournament servers, and it didn’t take long to see why it was called the alliance server. Even back then, before the bots, not everyone wore a tag. The tagless were a mix of multis, newbies, and those looking for a quick fight.

The server became a “safe space” in the name of netting, where little was at stake and wars were set up. You could farm bots as much as you wanted, only needing enough military to make your land grabs. The multis are gone now, leaving the newbies and the fighters among the tagless.

When I came back, I was shocked to get an offer for a pact in-game, even though I was just a single country tag. My first reset, I wasn’t attacked once, probably because I kept my land low and wasn’t an attractive target.

At first, it was a blast trying to hit a high net worth, not worrying about being grabbed and feasting on those fat bots. But then I realized, this wasn’t the game I used to play. This wasn’t what brought us together, what tested us as players, or what sparked competition with rivals. I found out many felt the same and wanted to bring back some of the old game’s spirit.

We’re not here to hold hands and sing. We’re not here to threaten, “join or die.” We’re here to say, if you’re untagged or flying solo, expect to be on our radar. And if you fight back with anything other than a SS/PS, we’ll take you down. If you’re new and alone, join a big alliance, learn the ropes, make some allies. Then, if you want, you’ll be ready to go it establish your own tag later. Plenty of veteran alliances would be glad to have you. If you want to stay solo, that’s cool, but just know, you’ll be seen more like a bot than a real player.

We’ve given fair warning, and we’re not changing our minds. This is the Alliance Server, and we’re here to play the game.

May 8th 2024, 5:22:52

n the early days, many of us came to the alliance server from primary or tournament servers, and it didn’t take long to see why it was called the alliance server. Even back then, before the bots, not everyone wore a tag. The tagless were a mix of multis, newbies, and those looking for a quick fight.

The server became a “safe space” in the name of netting, where little was at stake and wars were set up. You could farm bots as much as you wanted, only needing enough military to make your land grabs. The multis are gone now, leaving the newbies and the fighters among the tagless.

When I came back, I was shocked to get an offer for a pact in-game, even though I was just a single country tag. My first reset, I wasn’t attacked once, probably because I kept my land low and wasn’t an attractive target.

At first, it was a blast trying to hit a high net worth, not worrying about being grabbed and feasting on those fat bots. But then I realized, this wasn’t the game I used to play. This wasn’t what brought us together, what tested us as players, or what sparked competition with rivals. I found out many felt the same and wanted to bring back some of the old game’s spirit.

We’re not here to hold hands and sing. We’re not here to threaten, “join or die.” We’re here to say, if you’re untagged or flying solo, expect to be on our radar. And if you fight back with anything other than a SS/PS, we’ll take you down. If you’re new and alone, join a big alliance, learn the ropes, make some allies. Then, if you want, you’ll be ready to go it establish your own tag later. Plenty of veteran alliances would be glad to have you. If you want to stay solo, that’s cool, but just know, you’ll be seen more like a bot than a real player.

We’ve given fair warning, and we’re not changing our minds. This is the Alliance Server, and we’re here to play the game.

Confirmed,

Rattlehead, still in charge of nothing

May 8th 2024, 6:24:45

We gotta teach you how to read people better. Start with someone easier, I'm nearly impossible.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2024, 10:39:23

We gotta teach you how to read people better. Start with someone easier, I'm nearly impossible.

TC - what do you do for a living? I expect your answer to blow me away, but I'm sitting down, so hit me with it.

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 8th 2024, 12:27:26

Dont try to get info on TC. That could lead to doxxing.
Havent you learned anything?
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2024, 13:01:37

I'm an aussie, we consider drinking to be our job ;)

Paradigm President of failed speeling

May 8th 2024, 18:25:25

TC - what do you do for a living? I expect your answer to blow me away, but I'm sitting down, so hit me with it.

I beat my wife for a living. It's not proud work, but if I don't she becomes an unbearable nag about how I don't work and drink all the money she makes.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2024, 19:24:34

I beat my wife for a living. It's not proud work, but if I don't she becomes an unbearable nag about how I don't work and drink all the money she makes.

Ohhhh, mr. big shot genius intelligence man is now all of a sudden trying to be funny.

Come on TC, I thought you were going to tell me you had a clinical psychology degree and were an expert at reading people. Or maybe you worked in the military and did profiling. Or perhaps you were an academic and spent your time researching behaviors.

I'm absolutely, positively, stunned. You're not any of those things? You just talk non-sense about things you don't actually know anything about? Wow. Who would have guessed it?

You know any monkey with a keyboard can construct sentences that, at first glance, appear to be intelligent. The problem with doing that though, is that when actual smart people read what you write, they quickly realize that your amalgamation of words is devoid of quality ideas, logical reasoning, and ultimately a reason to care.

In other words, you write stupid. Your ideas are bad. You dum-dum, not smart-smart. Quit trying to act like the smartest kid in class, we are all experience that 2nd hand embarrassment you get when you see someone make a fool of themselves and you can't handle it.

herb Game profile

May 8th 2024, 19:27:10

Are they doing the same at the other side of the earth? Cool
Founder of ELF
Played in
ELF
MKR
RAGE
M4D

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 8th 2024, 19:45:17

Hmmmm blackhole. Did you do all the things you mention? Having pieces of paper don't make you intelligent. They make you an a**hole.
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

May 8th 2024, 19:58:16

Ohhhh, mr. big shot genius intelligence man is now all of a sudden trying to be funny.

Come on TC, I thought you were going to tell me you had a clinical psychology degree and were an expert at reading people. Or maybe you worked in the military and did profiling. Or perhaps you were an academic and spent your time researching behaviors.

I'm absolutely, positively, stunned. You're not any of those things? You just talk non-sense about things you don't actually know anything about? Wow. Who would have guessed it?

You know any monkey with a keyboard can construct sentences that, at first glance, appear to be intelligent. The problem with doing that though, is that when actual smart people read what you write, they quickly realize that your amalgamation of words is devoid of quality ideas, logical reasoning, and ultimately a reason to care.

In other words, you write stupid. Your ideas are bad. You dum-dum, not smart-smart. Quit trying to act like the smartest kid in class, we are all experience that 2nd hand embarrassment you get when you see someone make a fool of themselves and you can't handle it.

No I can't do that I have bad eyes and can't read walls of text

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2024, 20:02:40

Or maybe you worked in the military and did profiling.

Lol we don’t profile in the military. We love everyone equally. Once the uniform is don, we are brothers.

Also don’t insult us like that bhole. TC wouldn’t be able to graduate basic combat training.

May 8th 2024, 20:05:38

Are you copying and pasting things that were said to you to try and see if the are effective on me? Or are you writing things that would be effective on you, thinking they would also work on other people?

Rhetoric isn't effective unless it's close to the truth. You need to at least aim in the right direction and stop thinking that other people are like you. For example when you make a post about other people cheating and being angry but they aren't cheating and aren't angry all the attempted insults gets is confusing.

I don't hold self concepts so I'm essentially invulnerable to insults. Start with someone easier, who you have a charce to read.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2024, 20:15:52

Which one? This one?

Cheating/Hacking Scandal
On May 2, 2012, the game administrators announced on Alliance Talk that Hanlong, with assistance from former game administrator Turtle Crawler, had gained access to the game's database, allowing the two to view all countries without requiring the turns needed for spy operations, change anything in any of the countries, and view private messages sent via the Earth forums as well as those sent in the game itself.

herb Game profile

May 8th 2024, 20:19:43

That SOB
Founder of ELF
Played in
ELF
MKR
RAGE
M4D

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2024, 20:36:02

Snip snap snip snap.

Deleting my post. TC, you're not worth the effort you silly goose. I am looking forward to learning more from you though sir. Always love to learn from intelligent individuals.

Edited By: BlackHole on May 8th 2024, 20:41:04
See Original Post

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2024, 20:47:49

I’ll say it for you bhole:

[quote poster=BlackHole; 52704; 1034973]

“ TC - I gave you a pass the first time you attempted to insult me about cheating, mainly out of pity. I'm not giving you a pass this time.

You know the difference between you and I? I cheated, admitted to it, took responsibility for my actions, and then apologized and sought forgiveness.

You have done none of those things.

Until you do, you're in the category of 'Not mature enough to admit my mistakes and take responsibility for them'.

There is NOTHING wrong with making mistakes. We all do it. There is everything wrong with not taking responsibility for those mistakes and seeking to make corrections.

As for you being 'invulnerable to insults', what is this a 'im rubber your glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you' type of situation?

Holy fluff, when I made the school analogy, I was simply trying to make a point. I didn't realize you were going to bring grade school logic to this conversation.

You go ahead and continue to be 'invulnerable' though, Mr. Smarty Pants. Let me know how that works out for you as the rest of the community laughs at you behind your back.”

Edited By: Coalie on May 8th 2024, 20:50:35