Verified:

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 26th 2023, 21:35:18

What does EXP mean here?

Tech% = BaseTech%+(MaxTech%-BaseTech%)*GvtTech*(1-EXP(-GvtEff*TechPts/(C1+C2*Land)))

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Sep 26th 2023, 22:40:45

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 14:43:05

Oh I didn't realize it's an excel formulation. All the other abbreviations in there are ingame terms.

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 15:28:06

So using the above formula and playing around with the land/tech values,I do get to 83.33% military tech for normal governemnts. But the max I can get with Theo is 92.95, not 89.16 like the wiki says. Has the max been changed or is my theo formula wrong?

This example assumes 5mil tech points and 10k acres.

=100+(89.16-100)*0.65*(1-EXP(-1*5000000/(780+5.75*10000))) = 92.95%

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 17:51:27

*scratches chin*

The GvtEff number isn't working properly because the min/max tech is already built into the formula. That is just applying a fraction to a fraction for no reason....

Without wasting a ton of time testing formulas on a day I'm busy, it's pretty clear the GvtEff needs to be set to 1 to get your desired result rather than 0.65. I'm not sure why the formula is listed wrong, but if Max tech is built in to the formula already, I don't think a fraction would get applied to the end result. Obviously haven't tested nuances between max tech to see if it remains accurate, but I don't think the 0.65 is accurate.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 27th 2023, 17:54:31
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 18:03:54

Nevermind. Had an extra 2 minutes and tested it.

When the max tech for Theo is listed in the table, that's implying what the 0.65 does in the formula. You always want to use the standard base, and let that 0.65 modify the standard base to the theo modifier.

i.e. =100+(83.33-100)*0.65*(1-EXP(-1*5000000/(780+5.75*10000))) = 89.1645

Or for explanation sake:

100+(83.33-100)*0.65 = 89.1645

That beginning part of the formula is literally just to determine theo max against the base. You can scrap that entire part of the formula if you already know the max.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 27th 2023, 18:08:07
See Original Post

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 18:17:58

AHH very good makes sense thanks.

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 18:20:45

I checked on Democracy and it works the same way. Leave the "max" at 83.33 and set the GvtEff to 1.1 and you end up with 81.66.

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 18:22:36

Touch grass nerds! lol

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 18:51:34

I'm an accountant. Which means I'm a freak in the sheets. The spreadsheets.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:03:44

Originally posted by BEM684:
I'm an accountant. Which means I'm a freak in the sheets. The spreadsheets.

I’m glad you were able to trial and balance this one out. Be audit you can be :). We don’t use gaap around here

Chevs

Sep 27th 2023, 20:11:16

lmao imagine using spreadsheets and formulas to win vs gut feel and channeling the cosmos.

Tmac plays on his phone (and wins every server) from the club, after giving a sermon on the power of Jesus’ love. It’s a shame LaF ran him out of the game. I guess he was embarrassing them too frequently.

git Gud noobs. The game is easy… just don’t suck.

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 20:15:03

I'll never win first place, I'm not in one of the "big" tags (HAHA big tags in 2023, hilarious). I'm gonna get one top ten finish and then just randomly attack people in future sets!

Chevs

Sep 27th 2023, 20:27:37

I'll never win first place, I'm not in one of the "big" tags (HAHA big tags in 2023, hilarious). I'm gonna get one top ten finish and then just randomly attack people in future sets!

Not with that attitude. Also you can’t attack “people” anymore.

HA HA HA
HA
ha ha
ha
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Suicidal Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 20:35:48

Ya bunch of nerds

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:38:53

You can attack humans you just have to politely ask them to leave ClanGDI. Sadly they have 0 spies, 0 troops, 0 turrets, 0 tanks, no SDI, SPY, Warfare or Medical tech so will likely decline the invitation.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:41:00

And Sui is bad at the game. IQ of 72 when it comes to Earth Empires. Also he makes bad coffee.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:44:55

Nerdology 351
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:45:45

Originally posted by HEMPMAN1:
Touch grass nerds! lol

I had more fun reverse engineering that formula for 2 minutes than I ever would playing this game for 2 minutes in its current state. ;)

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 27th 2023, 20:50:20
See Original Post

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 20:50:10

I don't understand how clangdi works. Declaring war is not enough?

Edited By: BEM684 on Sep 27th 2023, 20:52:52
See Original Post

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:50:32

Ha ha I can’t believe fratboi99 destroyed this game all because he was scared of bigp, getafix and dark demon.

Fratboi99 gave up all of his self-respect for…

Research labs?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:51:36

I don't understand how clangdi works. Declaring war is not enough? The defender has to accept?

No...you just can't hit them or spy them period. They have to not be in clangdi to interact with.

Think of it like a group of people playing a single player game en masse in the shadows of what used to be an MMO.

If that sounds stupid...it's because it is.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 27th 2023, 20:54:17
See Original Post

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 20:54:16

Bear with me I'm either slow or just incredulous about this.... to get around regular GDI you just declare war.... but that doesn't work on clanGDI? And there's no cost to it?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:55:06

Bear with me I'm either slow or just incredulous about this.... to get around regular GDI you just declare war.... but that doesn't work on clanGDI? And there's no cost to it?

Incredulity will get you nowhere haha. It sounds like you understand it perfectly.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 20:57:03

They should remove top players hiding in clangdi from the leaderboards.

0 risks and all of the rewards?

We will forever recognize Tmac as the greatest player because he finished at the top spot without clan GDI.

Any current finishes with the current clanGDI mechanic is irrelevant. Tmac is still going to be the greatest player in the game.

BEM684 Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 20:59:59

I didn't realize that point before this thread. When clanGDI was announced I was still trying to remember how to play the game at all lol. I've only been back since April and the last time I played before that it was still E2025.

That has to change. It doesn't even make narrative sense within the context of the game. Humanitarians kinda make sense. Joining GDI kinda makes narrative sense as does declaring war to get around it. But it should never be completely impossible to attack a country your own size! And certainly shouldn't come without a cost for the benefit.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 21:00:05

Lame ass Fascists
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 21:07:57

I didn't realize that point before this thread. When clanGDI was announced I was still trying to remember how to play the game at all lol. I've only been back since April and the last time I played before that it was still E2025.

That has to change. It doesn't even make narrative sense within the context of the game. Humanitarians kinda make sense. Joining GDI kinda makes narrative sense as does declaring war to get around it. But it should never be completely impossible to attack a country your own size! And certainly shouldn't come without a cost for the benefit.

Pretty much the same consensus with the majority of the players in the game. You are not wrong.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 21:10:39

Yeah that's ehm...all true. The contrary argument is something like...people here are all mean/dramatic and the player base of netters is too old and lazy to do politics anymore. So they deincentivized politics in favor of letting old fluffs be lazy, and essentially ruined the flagship server. Being that it is the flagship, servers unaffected by the change, like primary, have dropped from over 130 members to now under 70. It's cut the player base roughly in half over a 4 month period. 1a went from around 250 players to about 190, to around 137 now.

The only server that hasn't seen a massive drop-off in players is Team, which is unsurprising considering it provides a classic, non-bot, non-clanGDI clan experience. It's actually up a handful of people.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 27th 2023, 21:52:21
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 21:22:05

I maintain the biggest unfortunate part of the whole thing is that the ONLY feedback/debate/argument that occurs in reference to maybe some usable parts of the change not murdering the game completely, finds a conversation that is 100% only about a bunch of grown ass men's emotions and crybaby bullfluff they did to each other over the years. It's WILD how much a mechanical change can prompt a purely emotional debate.

No one's speaking with their brains around here. One can appreciate after all these years, seeing the game ruined touching everyone in the heart, but you'll be hard pressed to find a conversation regarding it that isn't primarily a soapbox thread of why people dislike each other, and why the change is or is not necessary based on their emotions.

Otherwise I think you're up to speed on it. It's pretty dumb and sad to see haha. A good few of us are not currently playing the game but occasionally checking in on the forums to see if it becomes playable again outside of bot farming an FFO to a bazillion acres and oil destocking. That's what I meant in my 2 minutes comment. I don't currently play because the meta sucks so bad. Still like the community tho so I pop in.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 27th 2023, 21:30:50
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2023, 21:53:10

It will be interesting to see where the game goes after this set. I know for many of us, this will be our last set.

It will be up to the remaining players to forge their desired game!

This game has mostly been about conflict and suspense as to what will happen in any given set. It doesn't seem that is any longer the desire of the game owner(s), so I will leave and let them have it.

Some of your opinions are also funny, Derrick because when I first came back this last time, you were on the destruction side, haha.

I wish both friends and foes the best!

now im nothing Game profile

Sep 27th 2023, 23:24:28

Come play Primary. Honestly I know of several past allies who left the game (only played P) and it had nothing to do with any change etc just got bored of it :) But I am sure some did leave P because of that nasty move to take away the power from the leeches!
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Sep 28th 2023, 0:19:02

Originally posted by DerrickICN:

Yeah that's ehm...all true. The contrary argument is something like...people here are all mean/dramatic and the player base of netters is too old and lazy to do politics anymore. So they deincentivized politics in favor of letting old fluffs be lazy, and essentially ruined the flagship server. Being that it is the flagship, servers unaffected by the change, like primary, have dropped from over 130 members to now under 70. It's cut the player base roughly in half over a 4 month period. 1a went from around 250 players to about 190, to around 137 now.

The only server that hasn't seen a massive drop-off in players is Team, which is unsurprising considering it provides a classic, non-bot, non-clanGDI clan experience. It's actually up a handful of people.

The drum about doing politics is a false path. The people leaving now are those who were only hanging around for a war that was over, so they were already halfway out the door a year ago. Be certain of this, the grudge wars are what did the damage, and people just not wanting to play anymore. ClanGDI was the response, the result, not the cause. Without it the server would be half again as small as it is now because those who have quit would have quit anyway, as well as take everyone else with them.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 0:30:55

Keep telling yourself that ....
(•_•)

Chevs

Sep 28th 2023, 0:43:58

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

The drum about doing politics is a false path. The people leaving now are those who were only hanging around for a war that was over, so they were already halfway out the door a year ago. Be certain of this, the grudge wars are what did the damage, and people just not wanting to play anymore. ClanGDI was the response, the result, not the cause. Without it the server would be half again as small as it is now because those who have quit would have quit anyway, as well as take everyone else with them.

In your opinion. There is no possible way to measure this. But we are seeing the opposite right now. Mass exodus is only starting. As Derrick pointed out, the only pure server left has seen an increase in players.

You actually seem like the only laf player with a brain, can you at least concede you are in the minority of people who want clan GDI? My guess is no, you will go the BlackHole route, ignore AT completely and cry like a little baby behind closed doors.
SOF Head Of Poop

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 0:53:48

TC – Your appeal to ignorance is not a valid argument to make. You cannot prove it true or false. People leave for many reasons, and people stay for many reasons.

You haven't even been around for ~10 years, so you come from a place of ignorance. And the last time we saw you Pang labeled you a cheater.

You only have the credibility to speak once vindicated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 1:12:50

Originally posted by Requiem:
TC – Your appeal to ignorance is not a valid argument to make. You cannot prove it true or false. People leave for many reasons, and people stay for many reasons.

You haven't even been around for ~10 years, so you come from a place of ignorance. And the last time we saw you Pang labeled you a cheater.

You only have the credibility to speak once vindicated.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 1:24:13

Originally posted by Chevs:

In your opinion. There is no possible way to measure this. But we are seeing the opposite right now. Mass exodus is only starting. As Derrick pointed out, the only pure server left has seen an increase in players.

You actually seem like the only laf player with a brain, can you at least concede you are in the minority of people who want clan GDI? My guess is no, you will go the BlackHole route, ignore AT completely and cry like a little baby behind closed doors.

I'm not sure if you're just trolling, or you're really this obtuse, but I'm against Clan GDI, and I've said as much.

Sep 28th 2023, 1:43:53

Originally posted by Chevs:

Looking at the server, basically every alliance has indicated they prefer clangdi by using it. Only stones, mercs and sof aren't.

You're in an echo chamber, don't forget that laf is far larger than every other alliance.

You yourself are in clangdi.

Chevs

Sep 28th 2023, 1:48:54

SOF Head Of Poop

Real Man

Sep 28th 2023, 1:50:09

Although theBOMB acknowledges we are in the minority, we love and are pro-clanGDI, it’s like playing on ez mode.

You can’t send Rokkie or Karnage to suicide us anymore and now you have to resort to blatant aiding to beat us cause you can’t win legit.

Funny you guys are all about fair play etc etc but you are completely destroying netting integrity with your constant blatant cheating

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 1:51:32

Yeah but LAF is the only clan in the game that can’t play outside of clangdi. LAF’s only existence right now is because a game dev wills it. You guys committed diplomatic suicide and then disgraced yourselves by quitting after failing miserably on an OOP war that you guys started.

Every other alliance, if clangdi is removed, is just another day for them.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 2:11:59

It's not that for me, TC, and I'm the one who raised the argument. I wasn't hanging around for the war at all, and in fact, openly opposed various aspects. It's interesting you'd make an argument against my point and lead off with a completely bullfluff narrative that does not describe even my own personal character and reasons for not playing. Are you speaking to me or just hoping to hear the wind whistle between your teeth? If so, let's not just make up lies about why I'm not playing.

I don't play the game now because the meta is terrible, and I'm not in the minority on that. If you add up all of mercs people who quit, SOL, SoF, etc, you still don't get the 100+ who have left the game in a matter of months.

You're making an argument against a statistics backed logical true argument of a sudden massive decline in membership with an opinion that hundreds of people left from clans that lost a total of 30 or 40 people tops. Further, your assertion that the decline would have doubled without clanGDI would imply that only 50 or 60 people would be playing now without clanGDI. That's just wrong and I literally don't think you're stupid enough to believe it.

By your logic, membership should have increased with former frustrated LaF members who never caught a break having a safe space to net. The literal opposite has occurred and it cannot be argued to the contrary.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 28th 2023, 2:16:52
See Original Post

Sep 28th 2023, 2:40:34

It's not that for me, TC, and I'm the one who raised the argument. I wasn't hanging around for the war at all, and in fact, openly opposed various aspects. It's interesting you'd make an argument against my point and lead off with a completely bullfluff narrative that does not describe even my own personal character and reasons for not playing. Are you speaking to me or just hoping to hear the wind whistle between your teeth? If so, let's not just make up lies about why I'm not playing.

I don't play the game now because the meta is terrible, and I'm not in the minority on that. If you add up all of mercs people who quit, SOL, SoF, etc, you still don't get the 100+ who have left the game in a matter of months.

You're making an argument against a statistics backed logical true argument of a sudden massive decline in membership with an opinion that hundreds of people left from clans that lost a total of 30 or 40 people tops. Further, your assertion that the decline would have doubled without clanGDI would imply that only 50 or 60 people would be playing now without clanGDI. That's just wrong and I literally don't think you're stupid enough to believe it.

By your logic, membership should have increased with former frustrated LaF members who never caught a break having a safe space to net. The literal opposite has occurred and it cannot be argued to the contrary.

LaF went from 30 down to like 2-3. Nearly 20 have returned to the game because of clan GDI

Sep 28th 2023, 2:40:44

LaF went from 30 down to like 2-3. Nearly 20 have returned to the game because of clan GDI

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 2:52:20

Circle jerking must be fun 😂
(•_•)

mdevol Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 5:25:37

LaF was never at 2-3. They took the remainder of the reset off, or went into other clans to lazy net because they got killed after they FSd oop.

A really good lemming AB FS by the way. Must have been a syko led chat.

I bet you are one of those dumbasses that believes the "we created __x_million jobs since 2020" bullfluff politicians spew globally to retain power without comprehending that companies didn't create any new jobs, they just brought the employees back that were staying home during the government forced shutdowns.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 17:40:39

TC, you're still trying to explain away the fact that I currently don't play having to do anything with the war, which it doesn't. Care to acknowledge that at the very least, your statement doesn't apply to me? I have better netting stats than you on multiple servers but don't want to bot farm for an hour everyday and oil destock in a solo-player setting because it isn't actually a fun game. It's a fluffin trash meta and my choice to not play has literally nothing to do with my ability to kill LaF in a war I openly opposed.

If you're gonna make fluff up about why people are leaving, you could at least make it somewhat accurate to the person you're speaking to, or else you just sound like a moron and a liar.

Chevs

Sep 28th 2023, 17:44:14

TC, you're still trying to explain away the fact that I currently don't play having to do anything with the war, which it doesn't. Care to acknowledge that at the very least, your statement doesn't apply to me? I have better netting stats than you on multiple servers but don't want to bot farm for an hour everyday and oil destock in a solo-player setting because it isn't actually a fun game. It's a fluffin trash meta and my choice to not play has literally nothing to do with my ability to kill LaF in a war I openly opposed.

If you're gonna make fluff up about why people are leaving, you could at least make it somewhat accurate to the person you're speaking to, or else you just sound like a moron and a liar.

This is true

I have screenies of him trying to convince people to kill theBOMB, not LaF. he loves Gerdler they are best friends.
SOF Head Of Poop

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 17:51:33

I really wish you could just be honest, TC. Like, through reading your posts the past few months I've become acutely aware that you're role-playing and you actually do completely agree this is one of the dumbest gameplay metas ever, but you see it as the result of dumb grudges effectively ruining the game.

Take a step back for a minute and realize more than half of the players did not give a fluff about Gerdler being rude to other people/leaders in the community and getting his clan smoked.