Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 0:44:10

Merely typing this for record keeping. I know there's no active devs.

ISSUE:
You shouldn't lose a % of bonuses when you switch govt, yet you do.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 1:15:28

Damn, did you lose land too?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 1:42:47

Nah. Just bonus % were reduced.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 1:51:17

Originally posted by Celphi:
Nah. Just bonus % were reduced.

Maybe they changed the code again, who knows with those devs, they don't like sharing information with non LaFers...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 1:53:32

Man. The first time I learned that the hard way on FFA was planning a massive destock on a TTR grabbing phase -> Demo reseller feeder and bonused resource decay. I was so hurt when I converted lol. It's always been that way.

If you're planning to do any conversions in a set beyond an oil destock, it makes every single bonus aside from turns and booms worthless, because those can't be removed. You're correct.

Not that it matters what we think anymore...maybe it never did, but +1.

Oct 16th 2023, 1:56:07

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Man. The first time I learned that the hard way on FFA was planning a massive destock on a TTR grabbing phase -> Demo reseller feeder and bonused resource decay. I was so hurt when I converted lol. It's always been that way.

If you're planning to do any conversions in a set beyond an oil destock, it makes every single bonus aside from turns and booms worthless, because those can't be removed. You're correct.

Could have sworn it used to happen for restarts on ffa too. Died in teams and it never happened.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 1:59:38

To make the post worthwhile. TTR grabbing to land goal and Demo stock phase public destock is still the best techer strat on FFA. Obviously FFO pwns all bot servers, and cashers are 2nd, but TTR -> DTR is a fairly decent third.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 2:01:43
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 2:00:33

Originally posted by Happy:

Could have sworn it used to happen for restarts on ffa too. Died in teams and it never happened.

Correct. When you die you also lose a chunk of "permanent" bonuses.

I know that from you killing me actually lol. My fascs always bonus bcost on FFA so landgrabbing is efficient until the last 120 turns used in a hybrid destock. (If anyone wants my Google Sheets hybrid calculator btw, just hit me up. It's still the gold standard best one in existence. Happy to tutor/share all info i have on the game with everyone always. Unlike some people...*side eyes*)

We had the most boring wars lol. You never wall at 3am when I get off work and I never wall at 8-10am when you hit before you go in. We could probably war 100 times and never get a single wall in haha.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 2:20:03
See Original Post

Oct 16th 2023, 2:25:08

The good/bad days buddy.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 2:28:25

I acted like I hated them like good leaders do, but privately I preferred them to working on having a better spreadsheet than LaF that I now do nothing with lol.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 2:39:48

https://docs.google.com/...gNaC0Bc/edit?usp=drivesdk

If anyone needs the theory/strat or is unfamiliar with hybrid destocking just let me know. Otherwise, even the destruction cost calculator is elite. Leave the blue squares alone and fill in the green squares. Feel free to make copies and beat those LaF losers.

Also, props to ZEN aka ChuckNorrisBeard for making me start working on this years ago by literally making the framework. Wouldda never accomplished it without him.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 2:51:56
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 2:54:31

https://docs.google.com/...gNaC0Bc/edit?usp=drivesdk

If anyone needs the theory/strat or is unfamiliar with hybrid destocking just let me know. Otherwise, even the destruction cost calculator is elite. Leave the blue squares alone and fill in the green squares. Feel free to make copies and beat those LaF losers.

Made a copy, thank you Dee!
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 3:18:03

Np. I had intentions of web basing it but I literally started it 5 years ago and finished it like 4 months ago with a little ChatGPT help on the dcost formulas lol. Left the room for version 2 by 1.0 -> 1.3ing my updates until I could web base it with AI walking turn by turn explanations.

Kinda think I'd just be spending like $9/month to host it to a dead community that never uses it at this point tho. If some nerd comes along and wants it hosted, I guess version 2 would happen that way now. I think I'm mostly done working on it.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 16th 2023, 4:12:09

I feel like I've seen this posted somewhere regarding % of bonuses lost to government switch being intended. Unlikely to be a bug here.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 4:45:22

Yeah it's not a bug, technically. It's just a bad rule that should be changed that someone who would help do the change pointed out. I think celphi intended this as a placeholder to him offering help as the game dies.

Don't remove it because it's not a legit bug. These sorts of conversations are the last of their kind we will have and these placeholders are important. We tried.

There's a lot of people playing their last couple weeks in the game and I think deleting or moving posts by any of us at this point is just silly. Let us say our last ditch efforts to help, please.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 4:57:37
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 4:46:24

Yeah it's not a bug, technically. It's just a bad rule that should be changed that someone who would help do the change pointed out. I think celphi intended this as a placeholder to him offering help as the game dies.

Easy code change, but......
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:17:56

I think the but is actually spelled butt. As in, reading the last chapter (ass end) of a book with a bad ending.

If there's any other hard math people are curious about, I have basically all of it back ended to reverse engineer the game aside from the PCI growth formula, which no one even in LaF was smart enough to figure out, and that developers have for years dodged me on. I have the e2025 one tho, so it's not here nor there. Sad today about people leaving.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 5:22:04
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:19:21

I think the but is actually spelled butt. As in, reading the last chapter (ass end) of a book with a bad ending.

Damn bro, are you my long lost brother or something? LOL
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:23:42

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

We've never had 260 lbs between us and my brother looks nothing like me. I look a lot like you, I just don't have an annoying accent. Considering my orphan status, there's a chance your folks gave me up lol.

Earthers paid for me to be the successful business owner I am today. Kinda no two ways about it lol. Not just losing a friend when this 1a set is up. I'm losing my whole life haha.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 5:27:48
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:26:46

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

We've never had 260 lbs between us and my brother looks nothing like me. I look a lot like you, I just don't have an annoying accent. Considering my orphan status, there's a chance your folks gave me up lol.

Earthers paid for me to be a business owner. Kinda no two ways about it lol.

Yeah or you was baby-napped from the hospital 😂

BTW, I lost all my hair except for the arms and legs, few eye brows left.....I look creepy AF 😆

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Oct 16th 2023, 5:28:59
See Original Post
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:28:58

Haha. I'd believe it but the pictures I have of my dad look SO MUCH like me lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:30:48

I used to look identical to my dad during my teens, Grandma showed me pics of him when he was 15... We were like identical twins 🤣
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 5:57:53

Dude even at 35 I'm just the same dude wearing makeup haha.

Acute lymphoblastic leukemia for him that after remission re-emeged as acute myelogenous leukemia and eventually killed him.

Anecdotally, when he was a builder, he was over-exposed to a chemical called (giving my best phonics) methylethylkeytone ??? Some building polymer from the old days that California liberal douchebags made people quit making buildings outta because it definitely gave everyone who used it without gloves and a respirator cancer.

I'm from a small area in Michigan called "the cancer belt" or "the thumb." The only reason you don't ever see 8 foot tall corn plants 100 sq/mi soy is if people are getting paid not to farm. Turned out to be the windiest county in America as well so they built 400 windmills on it for energy. Meanwhile there's an air force base that does test maneuvers over the house I grew up in, because of the high amount of sea (lake huron) and extremely low population density (unlikely they kill people if they crash). Usually 3-5 days before America invades someone the skies get very active and everyone in the neighborhood takes a stiff swallow of their frogged throat.

Thing you should most learn and research from this anecdote tho, about 30% of all fields where I'm from, the government is legitimately paying the farmers slightly higher than the money they can make farming Monsanto corn to not farm their fields. Apparently the government controls the cost of produce (in theory, to keep farming at a living wage, you know, so people do it).

I'd be shocked, tho, to find out that overall, 90% of American fields have things growing on them. Our tax dollars are very much paying for 10s of thousands of acres to NOT be farmed to keep an ear of corn at exactly $1.99. And yet 34 million people in America are food insecure. It's pretty wild.

Most farmers where I'm from are growing something called "field corn" which just kinda helps proliferate a deer population because they're being paid to not grow food for humans lol. The do soy beans or sugar beets every 4th year tho to rehab nitrogen levels that corn deprives of the soil to keep it fertile. Go down that rabbit hole sometime lol.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 16th 2023, 6:07:19
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2023, 15:24:39

Dude even at 35 I'm just the same dude wearing makeup haha.

Acute lymphoblastic leukemia for him that after remission re-emeged as acute myelogenous leukemia and eventually killed him.

Anecdotally, when he was a builder, he was over-exposed to a chemical called (giving my best phonics) methylethylkeytone ??? Some building polymer from the old days that California liberal douchebags made people quit making buildings outta because it definitely gave everyone who used it without gloves and a respirator cancer.

I'm from a small area in Michigan called "the cancer belt" or "the thumb." The only reason you don't ever see 8 foot tall corn plants 100 sq/mi soy is if people are getting paid not to farm. Turned out to be the windiest county in America as well so they built 400 windmills on it for energy. Meanwhile there's an air force base that does test maneuvers over the house I grew up in, because of the high amount of sea (lake huron) and extremely low population density (unlikely they kill people if they crash). Usually 3-5 days before America invades someone the skies get very active and everyone in the neighborhood takes a stiff swallow of their frogged throat.

Thing you should most learn and research from this anecdote tho, about 30% of all fields where I'm from, the government is legitimately paying the farmers slightly higher than the money they can make farming Monsanto corn to not farm their fields. Apparently the government controls the cost of produce (in theory, to keep farming at a living wage, you know, so people do it).

I'd be shocked, tho, to find out that overall, 90% of American fields have things growing on them. Our tax dollars are very much paying for 10s of thousands of acres to NOT be farmed to keep an ear of corn at exactly $1.99. And yet 34 million people in America are food insecure. It's pretty wild.

Most farmers where I'm from are growing something called "field corn" which just kinda helps proliferate a deer population because they're being paid to not grow food for humans lol. The do soy beans or sugar beets every 4th year tho to rehab nitrogen levels that corn deprives of the soil to keep it fertile. Go down that rabbit hole sometime lol.

I believe it, in my 25 years driving trucks here on the west coast and dealing directly with farmers I know how manipulative our government is and they control every bushel you produce, go over... penalties!
(•_•)