Verified:

lostmonk Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:41:30

We have pretty much all of the major players making statements about all of the recent revelations. When is SoF going to let us know what's going on with them, and to what extent HLW had access there?
Done.

hawkeyee Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:44:32

Why are they obligated to make a statement?
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Helmet Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:48:07

Seriously? Is every alliance in this game supposed to make a statement? There are 49 threads about this already. My stance on cheating hasn't changed a single time in the last 14yrs.

Jiman Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:50:26

I think Sof wants to stick by Laf.

Reckless Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:50:46

SoF has been the tightest allies with LaF. You guys have no response?

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:53:55

:)

dagga Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:59:35

It's logical to stick by LaF really and it's probably the smart thing to do in-game wise. To distance themselves from LaF would put SoF in a precarious spot.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Helmet Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:01:12

My response is we don't condone or support cheating in any way. I get that some people want revenge and they are entitled to it, but I don't think they need my help.

I'm not saying Laf isn't responsible, because they are. If we don't hold alliances accountable for their choice of leaders then we're lost. But I'm not going on a 6 month Laf hate rampage over (2) people that are gone. To each his own. Laf is going to be getting heat over this for a long time and I expect they'll learn and grow from it. Hopefully we'll never have this problem again.

You tell me what you think I should be declaring on the AT to a group of players that haven't been proven guilty?

dagga Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:04:15

I think people were only asking for a stance? It's a fair request considering they hacked your site. You don't need to demonize LaF, maybe give an update on what you've found in terms of people getting access to your HQ?
signatures are stupid.

Boltar Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:07:47

i think sof's stance and response should be to make me happy and just farm then kill rage the rest of the set

elvesrus

May 3rd 2012, 4:09:14

sov is trying to imitate paladin. that is all
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Eric171 Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:14:12

Originally posted by dagga:
I think people were only asking for a stance? It's a fair request considering they hacked your site. You don't need to demonize LaF, maybe give an update on what you've found in terms of people getting access to your HQ?

The supposed hacking, you mean?

archaic Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:14:23

lol, Sof is probably waiting on Laf to tell them what to say
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:16:12

I think asking what SOF is going to do in response to this revelation is a fair question Helmet. Obviously you are not obligated to respond but it is certainly a reasonable question for one of LaF's biggest allies.
Smarter than your average bear.

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:19:03

Regarding the access on our website. Helmet had addressed this in another thread. It wasn't a hacking as such as it appears one of the former SoF Heads gave the account to Hanlong to use when he was a Head. The account was named as a Test account, there were several similar accounts on our site.

We are unhappy about it but as such the blame more so lays with the person who provided the access and permission to use the account in question.

The account was removed by myself not long after I became a Head in SoF when I cleaned up a lot of former Head accounts which still had access. This was done in early March.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 4:22:43

Ya, like I said on another thread, SoF was definitely the 2nd biggest recipient of information/planning/spillover from the LaF knowledge fountain, whether they knew it or not.

Coupling the fact you guys gained from Hanlong's exploits with doing some generally fluffty things to other alliances pretty consistently since EE started, taking an attitude of "we don't care about your fun, only ours" even in arranged wars, is not very becoming.

I think you have to at least acknowledge all that at some point and make some kind of statement...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:26:30

I don't know what information you think we have received in recent sets...

Like it or not, LAF's influence on PDM/SoF wars imo were trivial. If anything LAF were against us fighting PDM.

Reckless Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:28:41

Fair enough..however..

Since you 2 shared info about wars and such over the last few sets. It never became odd to SoF heads that the info they were getting was extremely accurate? Or vice versa..thoughts of what alliances were doing/not doing were credited or discredited so precise?

Im not soiling the SoF name or Helmets. This "we dont have to say anything...cheating is bad, emm k" is ridiculous seeing how tight LaF-SoF were.

Boltar Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:31:11

yea last set alone, when pdm sabotaged sof's missiles.. u kinda see that FS coming.. and this set.. well.. we tried to read between the lines on when or if u were going to hit us.. even my dumb ass can see that much from posts on AT from PDM leaders.. and a PDM leader at the time (i wont mention any names) points suiciders away from his tag towards sof's is reason enuff we needed one to kill u

cypress Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:32:32

Originally posted by archaic:
lol, Sof is probably waiting on Laf to tell them what to say

That's cute!

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:34:03

Well since I've joined SoF we have essentially had very few potential enemies. None of those enemies were shared with LAF except maybe SOL, but there was no intelligence to be gained there. We've also had no aggressive encounters with SOL since I joined so no reason or need for intelligence.

To be honest I receive more information from the MX site (the people on it) than I ever did from LAF, but then again I rarely talk to LAF Heads.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 4:35:19

Originally posted by Boltar:
yea last set alone, when pdm sabotaged sof's missiles.. u kinda see that FS coming.. and this set.. well.. we tried to read between the lines on when or if u were going to hit us.. even my dumb ass can see that much from posts on AT from PDM leaders.. and a PDM leader at the time (i wont mention any names) points suiciders away from his tag towards sof's is reason enuff we needed one to kill u

I'm actually not talking about your wars vs PDM since that was a collision course waiting to happen.

I'm talking about sof vs evo, sof vs tie and the ECM war (after you started losing).
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:35:55

Yea when PDM sabotaged our missiles I was one of a handful of SoFers online. I thought we were being FSed and I activated the SMS bot on the SoF site and got as many people as I could online.

We then got everyone to be online the next day at the same time as when the spy ops started to prepare for an incoming FS.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 4:36:07

Originally posted by Sov:
Well since I've joined SoF we have essentially had very few potential enemies. None of those enemies were shared with LAF except maybe SOL, but there was no intelligence to be gained there. We've also had no aggressive encounters with SOL since I joined so no reason or need for intelligence.

To be honest I receive more information from the MX site (the people on it) than I ever did from LAF, but then again I rarely talk to LAF Heads.

Flamey and Hanlong were chatting lots, apparently, so you never had to.

Flamey also had a spy account in our PDM site.

Edited By: martian on May 3rd 2012, 5:21:40. Reason: I check for that...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Boltar Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:37:08

i didnt lose those wars.. i didnt start playing again until september of of 2011 ;) lumping me in with those wars that were lost is like lumping all of laf in with the 2 who cheated ;)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 4:37:40

i didnt lose those wars.. i didnt start playing again until september of of 2011 ;) lumping me in with those wars that were lost is like lumping all of laf in with the 2 who cheated ;)

you are a sof rep. stop trying to dodge the scrutiny you deserve.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:39:32

I was just read the thread on our website where we were speculating about what PDM would do... From the assumptions Flamey and I were making (which turned out to be wrong) I doubt he had any intel.

Ivan Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:39:36

What about those wars pang?

EVO broke a pact to hit us we hit them back
TIE tried to gangbang us with SOL we hit them back
ECM was a friendly war

lol dude yer falling, yer trolling skills have fallen from Daggas level down to tertius level

Boltar Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:43:21

Originally posted by Pang:

scrutiny of wars that happened before i started playing again? thats like saying all germans should be victimized for what hitler did to the jews

cypress Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:44:16

someone is out on a witch hunt?

archaic Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:45:28

Ivan, you're not getting the point as usual. It has nothing to do with the wars being justified - its that Sof directly benefited from the information that Laf was providing them that was illegitimately gained.

And guys, when we sabbed your missiles last set, you were already saving turns - so, please, spare us.

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:45:58

I would never think of you as a witch cypress, even though you do always yell at me.

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:47:47

Originally posted by archaic:
Ivan, you're not getting the point as usual. It has nothing to do with the wars being justified - its that Sof directly benefited from the information that Laf was providing them that was illegitimately gained.

And guys, when we sabbed your missiles last set, you were already saving turns - so, please, spare us.

Archaic, just for you <3

Helmet
President
President
00:58 03/06/12
sounds like they're going to FS us.

Xyle
Head
Head
01:01 03/06/12
From Ivan's discussions with them they believe we are going to hit them. I told them we are not.

I do think there is a possibility they will FS us, but not sure. 50/50.

Helmet
President
President
02:17 03/06/12
I'm going to talk to pang and we'll see what he says.

Xyle
Head
Head
03:19 03/06/12
PDM just went invis on Boxcar.

Xyle
Head
Head
05:58 03/06/12
I updated spy ops on #345, #327 and #274. Doesn't look like they are on more than a precautionary alert.

Ivan asked me to put us on Red, but I do not believe it is warranted just yet. We are already on save 120 turns and we are not going to make a FS.

Also updated #636 and #5. Hmm #5 has a lot of saved turns but he is a Demo.

Flamey
Head
Assistant VP
10:19 03/06/12
looks like they are one 100t alert to me. Probably ramped it up when we started to hit their landtraders.

Helmet
President
President
01:46 03/07/12
Guys. They're going to hit us. I'm like 99% sure. I talked to Pang specifically to get a feel and while he assured me they weren't going to hit us, his unspoken words and actions make it very clear to me they're going to hit us.

cypress Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:49:57

War alliances generally tend to save turns? Is this news to you?

elvesrus

May 3rd 2012, 4:51:59

boo, I wasn't any of those numbers :(

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 4:53:12

scrutiny of wars that happened before i started playing again? thats like saying all germans should be victimized for what hitler did to the jews

I win AT! you made a hitler reference!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

elvesrus

May 3rd 2012, 4:54:48

good point. I forgot about Godwin's Law

Alin Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 4:56:40

Originally posted by Sov:

Flamey and Hanlong were chatting lots, apparently, so you never had to.

Flamey also had a spy account in our PDM site. I hope he wasn't running 2 countries, but I cbf'ed to ask a mod to go check since it's in the past.

So the person that trashtalked SOL in "Sol Myth" a few days ago is suspected to be a cheater too ? Very nice ...

cypress Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:00:20

Classy....throw out allegations and then don't back it up.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2012, 5:06:54

Sidenote, but as I continue to keep telling Ivan, SoF (specifically Chevs) came on AT and said that SoF chose to nullify that pact with Evo (as they had the right to do). I'm not sure why you keep harping on a point which is a lie.

archaic Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:26:47

. . . and so when Laf hit Sol this set right before Sol was coming in for us? Do you think that Laf being able to read our/Sol's boards maybe benefited you guys a bit then? The decision had just been made, Sol had barely started saving turns, they had not even given us a date yet and Laf hits them on day 17 of the set?

Or, if you'd know that the logs between Arsenal, Makinso, and KJ were gotten through a game cheat, would you still have stood beside Laf when they took action against MD, Sol, and Evo?

I am not implying that Sof cheated or knew that Laf was cheating. I am not even the least bit implying that - I know your history and I know that you would never knowingly accept ill gotten gains. But your tight relationship with Laf during the last several sets of easy win after easy win certainly makes it look like you were riding the coat tails Laf's cheating. Timing is everything and hanlong had perfect timing every set. Now we know why.

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:33:11

SOL was coming in for you? This is totally new information for me.

SOL were in discussions with me prior to LAF hitting them about having a friendly war as has been previously posted.

I posted in regards to the SOL/LAF issue not long after SOL was FSed that I only found out about LAF's moves on SOL just prior to them actually carrying it out but had sought for them to stop so that SoF could pursue a friendly war with SOL.

I had knowledge of SOL coming in for PDM at all and I did not believe it to be on the cards.

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:34:34

Also, from information that has been posted it can be safe to assume that neither Hanlong nor anyone else in LAF had access to SOL's boards as SOL is not on Boxcar.

I highly doubt GHQnet was breached.

Reckless Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:38:09

Its a fair point to bring up. I have a few friends in SoF. Some who I spoke to in private. I made my intentions known this wasn't a "OMG SOF CHEATED" type of conversation.

Helmet, SoV, and Boltar are legit fellas. I have no reason to disagree otherwise.

archaic Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:38:28

You'll forgive me if my incredulous stare does not translate well in a forum post. Perhaps they were, perhaps they were not - I was not hFA at the time and only got trickle down, though I believe they were.

Is it truly that hard to admit that knowingly or not, you guys benefited from Laf's cheating?

Kaloop

May 3rd 2012, 5:46:54

Sov great job taking over Reckless' account. Your good at hacking!

Sov Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:48:13

In the past 2 sets in our actions against PDM, there is no way we benefited from information provided to us by LAF.

Apart from the leadership meeting last set, SoF's actions on PDM this set were not discussed with LAF at all. As I have posted and as the logs show, I prepared SoF for an early war because we believed PDM was going to hit us first based on PDM leadership's words towards us. When PDM did not FS us I was genuinely surprised and instead prepared SoF to make the move instead.

In regards to last set, I already posted some of our posts on the Heads forum regarding PDM and you can see no intel was given to us. Our actions were based solely on our own assumptions and ingame spy ops.

I am being as upfront with you as I can be, but I believe you are trying to extract something out of me which is unfounded.

When LAF made their FS on SOL I have already proven my resolve to be upfront regarding my dealings when I posted that I was against LAF hitting SOL for selfish purposes.

Reckless Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:48:36

lololl

Boltar Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:51:49

yea.. why would sof want laf to hit sol.. we didnt think the PDM war would last all set.. we could have setup the friendly.. so it was kinda counter productive for us for laf to hit sol..

dagga Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 5:52:58

SOL vs SOF would have been fun.

Well, SOF wouldn't have enjoyed losing.. but hey! Every war needs a loser :p
signatures are stupid.