Verified:

Sifos Game profile

Aug 28th 2012, 18:57:12

Originally posted by braden:
the doctors work for free, sifos, or the doctors make so much money that they can afford not to charge some of their poorer patients?

So only monetary charity is a good thing?
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

braden Game profile

Aug 28th 2012, 21:37:18

i don't really see the quote there suggesting i said that, but i'll respond regardless.

no. salvation, or the offer thereof i would consider charity. my church doesn't feed me, my church doesn't pay my rent (or offer anything else monetary) yet the work my ministers do towards nurturing my faith is both greatly appreciated and well received.

this is all the charity offered me, specifically. but then i know how to read and write, and i have a roof over my head and food in my stomach (he says while hungry.. but supper is served presently :P)

seinfeld wasn't on tv in seventy seven, mossad :P

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Aug 29th 2012, 3:41:26

That's not charity, it;s self serving brain wash.

braden Game profile

Aug 29th 2012, 11:16:33

and if they're addicted to heroin and the church holds NA meetings, is this not charity, or self serving brain wash?

both are most certainly charity

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2012, 11:21:47

Originally posted by braden:
and if they're addicted to heroin and the church holds NA meetings, is this not charity, or self serving brain wash?

both are most certainly charity
there's a difference between solving a genuine problem and "nurturing your faith"

it's like saying prostitutes are charity. you know, they "nurture" their clients in a number of ways.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

braden Game profile

Aug 29th 2012, 11:28:05

you fail to raise valid argument.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Aug 30th 2012, 5:49:02

Solving an 'addiction' which I deem mental weakness, with another addiction in terms of faith, is simply trading the destruction of ones mind and body for the destruction of ones mind, allowing it to be filled with childish delusions.

braden Game profile

Aug 30th 2012, 11:00:56

just because you don't want any for yourself that isn't at all an indication that it isn't constructive