Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 9th 2021, 3:33:51

Here we goooooooooo

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2021, 4:04:11

AirCruiser Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2021, 4:07:25

Yes

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2021, 4:49:33

Imaginary numbers aren't real.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 9th 2021, 5:14:23

potatoes....

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 9th 2021, 5:17:42

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Below is stolen from Wikipedia :P
An imaginary number is a complex number that can be written as a real number multiplied by the imaginary unit i, which is defined by its property i2 = −1.[1][2] The square of an imaginary number bi is −b2. For example, 5i is an imaginary number, and its square is −25. By definition, zero is considered to be both real and imaginary.

Originally coined in the 17th century by René Descartes[4] as a derogatory term and regarded as fictitious or useless, the concept gained wide acceptance following the work of Leonhard Euler (in the 18th century) and Augustin-Louis Cauchy and Carl Friedrich Gauss (in the early 19th century).

An imaginary number bi can be added to a real number a to form a complex number of the form a + bi, where the real numbers a and b are called, respectively, the real part and the imaginary part of the complex number.
Although the Greek mathematician and engineer Hero of Alexandria is noted as the first to have conceived imaginary numbers,[6][7] it was Rafael Bombelli who first set down the rules for multiplication of complex numbers in 1572. The concept had appeared in print earlier, such as in work by Gerolamo Cardano. At the time, imaginary numbers and negative numbers were poorly understood and were regarded by some as fictitious or useless much as zero once was. Many other mathematicians were slow to adopt the use of imaginary numbers, including René Descartes, who wrote about them in his La Géométrie in which the term imaginary was used and meant to be derogatory.[8][9] The use of imaginary numbers was not widely accepted until the work of Leonhard Euler (1707–1783) and Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777–1855). The geometric significance of complex numbers as points in a plane was first described by Caspar Wessel (1745–1818).

In 1843, William Rowan Hamilton extended the idea of an axis of imaginary numbers in the plane to a four-dimensional space of quaternion imaginaries in which three of the dimensions are analogous to the imaginary numbers in the complex field.

Geometric interpretation

90-degree rotations in the complex plane
Geometrically, imaginary numbers are found on the vertical axis of the complex number plane, which allows them to be presented perpendicular to the real axis. One way of viewing imaginary numbers is to consider a standard number line positively increasing in magnitude to the right and negatively increasing in magnitude to the left. At 0 on the x-axis, a y-axis can be drawn with "positive" direction going up; "positive" imaginary numbers then increase in magnitude upwards, and "negative" imaginary numbers increase in magnitude downwards. This vertical axis is often called the "imaginary axis" and is denoted {\displaystyle i\mathbb {R} ,}{\displaystyle i\mathbb {R} ,} {\displaystyle \mathbb {I} ,}{\displaystyle \mathbb {I} ,} or ℑ.

In this representation, multiplication by –1 corresponds to a rotation of 180 degrees about the origin. Multiplication by i corresponds to a 90-degree rotation in the "positive" counterclockwise direction, and the equation i2 = −1 is interpreted as saying that if we apply two 90-degree rotations about the origin. The net result is a single 180-degree rotation. Note that a 90-degree rotation in the "negative" (clockwise) direction also satisfies that interpretation, which reflects the fact that −i also solves the equation x2 = −1. In general, multiplying by a complex number is the same as rotating around the origin by the complex number's argument, followed by a scaling by its magnitude.

Square roots of negative numbers
Care must be used when working with imaginary numbers that are expressed as the principal values of the square roots of negative numbers:

{\displaystyle 6={\sqrt {36}}={\sqrt {(-4)(-9)}}\neq {\sqrt {-4}}{\sqrt {-9}}=(2i)(3i)=6i^{2}=-6.}{\displaystyle 6={\sqrt {36}}={\sqrt {(-4)(-9)}}\neq {\sqrt {-4}}{\sqrt {-9}}=(2i)(3i)=6i^{2}=-6.}
That is sometimes is written as:

{\displaystyle -1=i^{2}={\sqrt {-1}}{\sqrt {-1}}{\stackrel {\text{ (fallacy) }}{=}}{\sqrt {(-1)(-1)}}={\sqrt {1}}=1.}{\displaystyle -1=i^{2}={\sqrt {-1}}{\sqrt {-1}}{\stackrel {\text{ (fallacy) }}{=}}{\sqrt {(-1)(-1)}}={\sqrt {1}}=1.}
The fallacy occurs as the equality {\displaystyle {\sqrt {xy}}={\sqrt {x}}{\sqrt {y}}}{\displaystyle {\sqrt {xy}}={\sqrt {x}}{\sqrt {y}}} fails when the variables are not suitably constrained. In that case, the equality fails to hold as the numbers are both negative, which can be demonstrated by

{\displaystyle {\sqrt {-x}}{\sqrt {-y}}=i{\sqrt {x}}\ i{\sqrt {y}}=i^{2}{\sqrt {x}}{\sqrt {y}}=-{\sqrt {xy}}\neq {\sqrt {xy}},}{\displaystyle {\sqrt {-x}}{\sqrt {-y}}=i{\sqrt {x}}\ i{\sqrt {y}}=i^{2}{\sqrt {x}}{\sqrt {y}}=-{\sqrt {xy}}\neq {\sqrt {xy}},}
where both x and y are non-negative real numbers.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2021, 5:51:00

🤯
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2021, 12:42:38

I feel as if getting that from Wiki was mostly about luck.. and less about content..

And nice stuffed up TeX code..

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 9th 2021, 15:41:03

galleri is not real

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2021, 0:56:18

Originally posted by Suicidal:

galleri is not real

Nothing is real. You're a brain in a vat.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 10th 2021, 1:43:53

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by Suicidal:

galleri is not real

Nothing is real. You're a brain in a vat.

Sui's bikini dreams are not real.
Facts!

Oceana Game profile

Mar 11th 2021, 22:56:04

I can only Imagine me seriously reading that while putting in enough effort of thought to it.

En4cer Game profile

Mar 12th 2021, 19:18:29