Verified:

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2020, 18:01:37

I want to meet my opponents on an equal playing field, but because of the way login bonus turns are given out, I typically get ~55 fewer turns than my most active competitors in Primary. In other words, they are getting 61 days and I am getting 60. In turn, I have the same edge on someone who logs on even less than I do.

* If you're always active you get on average 8 bonus turns a day the way the complicated login bonus system is currently built.

* If you have less time and log on exactly once a day to play your turns, you get 6 bonus turns a day.

That is a real difference - 120 turns over a Primary server round - and why? Being more active already has its own advantages. Please don't further punish those of us who can't be on as often. Before, the logout bonus system helped those of us who couldn't be on all the time, and I do understand why that was phased out - don't reward people for NOT playing! However, asking for the same number of turns as our opponents is really a bare minimum request.

POTENTIAL FIX: Simply give us 7 bonus turns every day with our 20 free acres.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 6th 2021, 0:55:52
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 7th 2020, 19:31:32

LOL you are really hung up on this arn't you? :P

Anyway I think the turn bonus system is really counter-intuitive. Both the wording and the way it works. It is also annoying to have to explain to people who come back that the old log-out mechanic is no longer the same even if the message is the same which leads them to believe it is unchanged. I have figured out how to get what I think is close to maximal turns, tho the way I have to do it limits me in when and how I can play as well so I wouldn't be sad if it was changed.

However, failing that, the onus has always been on the players to figure out how the mechanics in the game works and how to best take advantage of them. I have learned tricks from people and I have shared tricks with many in my days.
There was a thread in Express a few weeks back suggesting someone was cheating because they sold military to the bots, and he thought it was multies or friends buying each others goods. After a while he was convinced that it was not cheating but he fell back on it being immoral that someone else could benefit from something he didn't understand or care to understand. Somehow knowing a start-up, a formula, a trend or a pattern that he uses is fine but if someone knows something he don't it's unfair.
This is quite similar. Apart from the late late-game I don't think I play more than you. If you were in LaF I would explain to you how to get more turns and a lot of other nuggets that would help you either on this server, another server or maybe all servers.

Edited By: Gerdler on Sep 7th 2020, 19:34:56
See Original Post

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2020, 23:17:04

Originally posted by Gerdler:

If I want it changed, this is the place to ask, no? I've yet to post this here until now.

I usually don't play at all after work, and don't think jumping through login time hoops should determine how many turns anyone gets to play with. Simple as that.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2020, 23:41:12

Join LaF :-)

It is a chillax place despite having Gerd as one of the Don's :P

You will up your game for sure.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 8th 2020, 0:44:46

Originally posted by Molotov:
Originally posted by Gerdler:

If I want it changed, this is the place to ask, no? I've yet to post this here until now.

I usually don't play at all after work, and don't think jumping through login time hoops should determine how many turns anyone gets to play with. Simple as that.

I agree, as I said. Only because it's a counterintuitive way they've done it. It makes no sense, and they have explained it quite badly.

That said... I been asking for sensible changes for years and in the meantime you just have to make lemonade.

Tmac Game profile

Sep 8th 2020, 2:13:57

I'm all for making as many variables the same as possible. Getting a set of bonus turns with your 20 acres sounds simple enough.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2020, 18:14:32

Originally posted by Tmac:
I'm all for making as many variables the same as possible. Getting a set of bonus turns with your 20 acres sounds simple enough.

+1

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 8th 2020, 19:58:44

I am against removing variables that can be used to distingush yourself. This one is problematic because its not explained well, it causes more confusion than understanding and its not an ingame skill or a certain wanted behavior that yeilds an advantage it(as it used to be when it was an offline bonus).

Personally, I think, from a developer perspective, if the bonus should be set up to promote a behavior that is wanted, it should perhaps be a 3 turn bonus given 00:00, 08:00 and 16:00 gametime if the player took at least X turns in the previous 8 hour period. These periods should not change and should be the same for all servers.
This kind of system would theoretically cause activity to be smeared out over the day thereby making the market work better, with slightly more even demand and supply, with fewer supply shortages.

Failing that, reqruit more african, european and asian players.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2020, 1:42:03

It could be easily scripted to get almost every single one very easily and would be virtually impossible to detect as scripting... Just saying.

Let's just KISS (keep it simple stupid).