Verified:

archaic Game profile

May 9th 2020, 21:17:27

Is there any actual benefit to my goods taking a random amount of hours to reach the market?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 9th 2020, 21:48:03

Yes there is.

For instance when you see a batch of cheap bus tech or turrets popping up on the market you can now guess that a batch of cheap residential tech or jets, respectively will come up at some point soon or have already been bought. The randomness keeps us guessing.

With no randomness it would be easy especially in team but also on other servers to control the market in your favor in a war/hit-trading scenario, knowing exactly when the market will be full of something important say jets, troops or oil and time that with your kill runs.
The same applies for coordination in solo servers. Having mods that actively look to stop this doesn't mean we shouldn't have passive built in mechanics to make it a little harder to do in the first place.

The randomness makes it harder for sellers and buyers to know what prices are actually gonna sell and cheap enough to grab with both hands, respectively. This makes the market game more complex and more interesting.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 9th 2020, 21:52:12

I would like to add that the feature to choose how long stuff stays on the market for like we have in express would be a great addition to all servers, imo.

If your problem with the market randomness is that stuff comes back to the market at random times that is something that I dont actually see a point with, and that can be fixed. But the goods arriving at different times is an important mechanic.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2020, 23:28:04

One cool fact about the Luck bonus, you have a better chance at getting shorter times to market!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2020, 21:10:19

Originally posted by Requiem:
One cool fact about the Luck bonus, you have a better chance at getting shorter times to market!

And make more skuds :P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

archaic Game profile

May 11th 2020, 4:03:09

But it tells me when my goods will hit the market, so its really just an inconvenience when it comes to timing collaboration rather than a hindrance. It's mostly just a pain in the ass on tourney where we have limited turns to work with and early tech prices fluctuate rapidly. Six hours is sometimes the difference between selling and logging in to find I've been undercut and wasted a day where I could have been growing.

Its not a big deal, I just assumed it was a carry over to some of Mehul's bullfluff code from the dial up era.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov