Verified:

Hessman123

Apr 22nd 2020, 19:51:46

It was suggested by Ponti on the Primary form, and I agree with him so I am posting it here

Please can you up the bonus acres per day from 20 to 50, it will help inject more acres into the game and make the game more enjoyable for everyone

Cheers,

Hessman

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 6th 2021, 0:58:03
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 22nd 2020, 20:57:32

Hmm. While I think the effect will be small it could create some tiny improvements to the market. Possibly even better if it was 20a+(Day of set)a.

Don't really care about the acres but the side effect to the market might be noticeable.

Hessman123

Apr 22nd 2020, 21:43:00

Here was his message with regards to Primary

Ponti

Apr 22nd 2020, 16:13:59

I think the simplest and easiest way to introduce more land would be up the bonus acres received daily from 20 to 50. Gives each player 1800 more acres of land throughout the entire reset. With 100 players receiving that 18,000 more acres of land out there plus ghost acres from moving it around. That would be simplest and easiest way not to mess up the game mechanics.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2020, 3:39:14

I sort of like the idea of increasing the number of bonus acres you get as the set moves forward

Also changing the nature of that bonus as I think it's done by calendar day right now whereas I'd like to see it based on how many turns have passed so it promotes more activity.

But I haven't looked into that feature in years so I may be foggy on how it works
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2020, 7:15:49

most of the time people whine about too many acres but thats probably 1a/3a centric

some of the solo servers have a different meta, so if you wanted to just implement it on the lower land servers, or do them first or more heavily that could be good

if you wanted a semi interesting way to do it why not tie it to bpt

so if you had 5 bpt you could get 25 being 20+5

then if you had 200 bpt it could be 20+200

or even just bpt if > 20

since people would probably like it a lot while stocking if they can build 1 turn a day and never have empty acres or partial unbuilt, particularly for techer

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2020, 7:16:33

although having bpt being so easily trackable is a mixed blessing

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2020, 12:06:05

linking to BPT sounds like it could get unfair, as some people would just build CS instead of cash or explore later in the reset..

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 23rd 2020, 12:47:26

it is already tied to activity in that you only get it if you log in that day. I therefore think the days of the reset should be what scales it.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2020, 17:31:30

Interesting idea for progressive increase. Ive never much liked the acre bonus as it just gives a once a day indicator for when a country logs in.

Just increase the explore rate and remove bonus acres!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 23rd 2020, 20:00:50

Explore rate increase is a bad idea. It will favor the wrong strats, and part of the increase in acres will be mitigated by a reduction in ghost acre creation since people will start grabbing later and fewer grabs will be made in total.

I always wanted to rework the nuke which is a silly missile in all servers. It does nothing to help you win a war against someone at any time. Make the nuke do something, or a lot of things that hurt a country's ability to conduct war manuvers effectively instead of just removing acres from the game. I guess it's a sidenote to this discussion.

The bonus acres matter a lot in tournament and if they were increased there it would be too big a deal imo, but in primary it will balance the strats better. Bonus acres dont really matter in express, FFA, 1a or team and they would have to be increased a whole lot to actually matter, which would be a really bad idea.

Edited By: Gerdler on Sep 9th 2023, 4:19:27

The_Hawk

Apr 23rd 2020, 20:20:58

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Explore rate increase is a bad idea. It will favor the wrong strats, and part of the increase in acres will be mitigated by a reduction in ghost acre creation since people will start grabbing later and fewer grabs will be made in total.

I always wanted to rework the nuke which is a retarded missile in all servers. It does nothing to help you win a war against someone at any time. Make the nuke do something, or a lot of things that hurt a country's ability to conduct war manuvers effectively instead of just removing acres from the game. I guess it's a sidenote to this discussion.

The bonus acres matter a lot in tournament and if they were increased there it would be too big a deal imo, but in primary it will balance the strats better. Bonus acres dont really matter in express, FFA, 1a or team and they would have to be increased a whole lot to actually matter, which would be a really bad idea.

Nukes are pretty great against commies though.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Hessman123

Apr 24th 2020, 3:36:09

As you said it's a separate discussion but I think that Nukes should kill citizens as well.. that would fix the nuke

For Bonus I like the idea of a progressive daily increase to the bonus, especially for primary

It would be nice to inject a bit more land into the server without adding bots

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 24th 2020, 15:56:29

I think the best way to fix the nuke is to make it remove everything equally, 1.5% of everything that is not on the market; Land, buildings, PSed military, standing army, spies, tech, pop, bushels, cash, oil. That way since it doesn't boost SDI on success it will be very strong in alliance warfare as well to take down a country that is perhaps unbreakable to the other side.

It would open up more options to take out countries that are problematic. And we wouldnt have alliance warfare ppl dumping nukes on bots prior to war to leave more room for chems. Ofc that means chems should be nerfed and EMs should be buffed too.

I like the present EM, but its too weak. Just increase the effect by 50% and see what happens, while at the same time making a small nerf to the chem.

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 24th 2020, 16:00:05

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2020, 16:00:43

Nukes have their place. When I'm attacking a guy who can't really fight back, my worst fear is he'll generate a nuke. If he hits me with a chem, fine, I still get to keep the land I took. A nuke and I likely lose land on the exchange.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 24th 2020, 16:04:14

Exactly... more than anything nukes serve as a free deterrent for that pvp interaction everyone is saying is missing... You didn't do anything to get that nuke, but it stopped me from double tapping you despite building a really weak rainbow country.

They are useless in 1a for anything but suiciding or blindsiding.

Hessman123

Apr 25th 2020, 15:46:00

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Exactly... more than anything nukes serve as a free deterrent for that pvp interaction everyone is saying is missing... You didn't do anything to get that nuke, but it stopped me from double tapping you despite building a really weak rainbow country.

They are useless in 1a for anything but suiciding or blindsiding.

Also though.. the most important tool for a new player to help them make the game enjoyable as they learn

I tell ppl all the time in Primary.. get warfare early.. I don't care what strat you're playing.. get warfare early.. because at least you wont be farmed later on by top players

Brigg Game profile

May 26th 2020, 9:41:53

Why not make the increase in Bonus Acres a bonus point boost, so people can control how many more bonus Acres they get, if any?
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR