Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2012, 19:33:06

What's the purpose on a server like Primary?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2012, 20:11:25

Good question.

I guess to offset defense allies but they're not that practical to use in reality, so they mostly just get taken advantage of for the benefit of savvy players and top feeders.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 21:44:10

I would love to see a relations free 1B, at least as a trial. Would definitely make the server more individual, and prevent some abuse and team working.
The EEVIL Empire

trep Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 22:03:48

Take them away along with research allies. same with express =P

blid

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2012, 22:09:22

I like def allies. Without them, the 1.5% PS bonus is too powerful and everyone will get retaled unless they strictly bottomfeed to the limit. Intel allies are pretty harmless as well.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2012, 22:15:45

Also, no allies at all is Tournament's thing.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 22:33:27

Leave it as is please. It's always a good thing to have some interaction in the solo servers. Plus a few DHs.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

trep Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 23:28:11

Originally posted by blid:
Good question.

I guess to offset defense allies but they're not that practical to use in reality, so they mostly just get taken advantage of for the benefit of savvy players and top feeders.

"savvy players" =P lol

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 23:45:56

Have you looked at the top, say 20 countries, in Primary and see how many of them use Offensive allies, how many of them used it fairly and not in a one-sided leech manner?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2012, 23:51:29

I bet most don't have any.

afaik Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 6:27:38

Yea I don't use them...

I see 2 clear winners this set, both of whom seem to have tame tech or off allies, or at least that is the claim.

@ blid, it's only "savvy" if you get your ps in before your allies, not if your allies are willing to wait for you to ps before they attack.

Rob Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 9:55:15

I dont use them either, and I see an unfair advantage for those who have people helping them.
Its hard to beat someone who is leeching jets and/or tech.

oldman Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 11:14:56

I like the idea of having only def and intel allies so there won't be anyone who leech free jets or tech. I totally agree that it's quite impossible to beat someone who leeches tech/jets, especially if it's a good player.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 13:55:25

Please remove O-allies and R-allies from solo servers. Or change the way R-allies work to only give tech from allies (based on allies TPT) when the player techs his turns.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 15:00:36

I like def allies. Without them, the 1.5% PS bonus is too powerful and everyone will get retaled unless they strictly bottomfeed to the limit. Intel allies are pretty harmless as well.

Originally posted by oldman:
I like the idea of having only def and intel allies so there won't be anyone who leech free jets or tech. I totally agree that it's quite impossible to beat someone who leeches tech/jets, especially if it's a good player.

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Please remove O-allies and R-allies from solo servers. Or change the way R-allies work to only give tech from allies (based on allies TPT) when the player techs his turns.

3 votes for this!

crest23 Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 15:19:45

Concur.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 15:35:46

Remove all allies or change the way def allies work. Having def allies that are vastly bigger than one country that double it's defence is just as bad as having off-allies.

Have def allies contribute a max 25% of their forces to a maximum of 25% of your forces would be better

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 15:40:22

i like it

tduong Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 16:23:22

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
Remove all allies or change the way def allies work. Having def allies that are vastly bigger than one country that double it's defence is just as bad as having off-allies.

Have def allies contribute a max 25% of their forces to a maximum of 25% of your forces would be better

agreed! I hate hitting a target calculating their defense and added 75% extra to it which should be oversending but still failing because their allies doubled their defense.

And I don't like the fact that offense allies can help you but somehow their military don't use any oil lol. WTF, are their jets, tanks and troops started running on love or something? lmao. And if they send only jets then my troops and tanks shouldn't be able to help them, same with defense.

techers don't realize it but having no research allies will benefit techers the most. Everyone undercuts because they have so much more tech. And when you get free tech you tend to not care as much about price. Tourney enjoy much higher tech prices. It comes out to be much better than the extra tech points you get from allies.
Maybe tech allies should give only up to 5% but that # goes directly into your tpt. This 5% is max amount and should be the lesser between the 2 allies. This will elimiate the leechers and force techers to find other techers their size. It'll probably also slow the market from crashing. And reduce tech slots to 2. That way you only get a max benefit of 10% to keep it closer to fair for those players that doesn't have good allies.

Please rework the formula for the lab %. The penalty between 85% to 95% labs is huge. I can never get enough spies until at least mid game. Failing a spy op = lost production. Not to mention techers don't have the luxury of building oil rigs if prices sky rocket to $900 like it did.
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 17:30:35

Originally posted by tduong:
And I don't like the fact that offense allies can help you but somehow their military don't use any oil lol. WTF, are their jets, tanks and troops started running on love or something? lmao. And if they send only jets then my troops and tanks shouldn't be able to help them, same with defense.

Hahaha, running on love.

I think it worked that was back in 2025 days. Where you had to balance your defense with you allies to get the most benefit.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 18:57:03

Too complicating. Just try no allies at all because it is solo server. It's even for everyone.
The EEVIL Empire

tduong Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 20:40:48

you're right but the only way no allies will work is if you limit the PS bonus down to ~25%

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 21:25:33

why? PS bonus helps you LG sure, but with no d allies it helps top feeds and retals equally as well. It's 100% even for everyone. You would be 100% responsible for, or to blame for, your own military break down and playing style. I think it would be worth trying on the server, and would show what skills everyone really has by making each country 100% independent.
The EEVIL Empire

tduong Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 21:32:30

i think +50% is a bit high. I think it's fair if there was no GDI but there is. If that was the case then I'd go 2/3 jets and topfeed landtrade all day because my consequence is more than halved because of GDI. I'm always on the winning end. The game would end up consisting of top feeders and extreme bottom feeders.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 22:05:06

Originally posted by tduong:
i think +50% is a bit high. I think it's fair if there was no GDI but there is. If that was the case then I'd go 2/3 jets and topfeed landtrade all day because my consequence is more than halved because of GDI. I'm always on the winning end. The game would end up consisting of top feeders and extreme bottom feeders.

The Tourny server already states that this will not happen.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 22:10:56

I kind of agree with tduong actually. Remember tournament has like 50 players for one thing. But also last set I got hit by a few people much bigger than me and found it was ridiculously easy to retal them anyway, haha.
Originally posted by Serpentor:
why? PS bonus helps you LG sure, but with no d allies it helps top feeds and retals equally as well. It's 100% even for everyone. You would be 100% responsible for, or to blame for, your own military break down and playing style. I think it would be worth trying on the server, and would show what skills everyone really has by making each country 100% independent.
Three reasons why I'd keep def/intel allies: eliminating them is too similar to tournament imo. They give people some reason to communicate with others in game and meet some people. And lastly I do think the retals, top feeds, and land trades and other hijinx could get out of hand.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2012, 0:24:30

The point about D-allies is so that the attacking player has a choice:

1. Do I send double the defenses of the opponent so as to ensure victory?
2. Do I send say +75% and hope his allies don't double him?
3. Or should I use turns spying his allies, and then estimate?
4. Or should I spend more turns spying those allies too?

The choices are what makes the game interesting, there is risk vs reward. Of course, it mostly only matters for techers, so whatever I just said isn't all that useful - non-techers just spy everyone.

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 14th 2012, 0:42:02

either way, I like it how it is now, I'd like it just as well without GDI, and would like it just as well without relations. Either way makes it interesting in its own way.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2012, 0:48:16

Haha, I do all 4 of those at varying times. It's fun

tduong Game profile

Feb 14th 2012, 0:54:57

cashers and dicts don't want to spend the turns spying either.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2012, 2:07:50

The trouble with 3. and 4. on that list is if your spy network is weak, doing that many ops will weaken it even more

tduong Game profile

Feb 14th 2012, 3:44:05

that's cause you aint fluff sucka!!