Verified:

tduong Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 11:10:39

i was really hoping a dict would win primary this time. It had been ages since a dict had won anything lol
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

oldman Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:10:06

Sorry Reroll, gotta apologize for dropping you after Rockman said he'll go crazy on you cuz I'll lose at least 2M nw if I helped to defend you and I was trying to go for the win and I knew it would be close.

But then again, my 20m turrets wouldn't have mattered much would it? It's just an additional 5m turrets contributed to your defense and Rockman would have broken you the same number of times with or without my defence considering he was ready to blow his stock just for the retals.

Reroll

Jan 3rd 2012, 14:10:22

Is all good, oldman. Congrats for securing the 2nd spot!

trep Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 0:18:24

Btw trep, 85m nw would have been excellent with the tech prices this round. Probably played as good or better a round as the commies, heh.

Other than that last day jump, I think I actually did pretty good with the prices. I had dumped most of my pitiful stock at $45-46 and rebought at $38.

I think I was on par with the commies for land until I stopped grabbing, but they were outproducing me on the same land even without tech as I had to spend 1/2+ my turns on grabbing/building. Then when you start stocking, they're still out producing you even at 100% teching because they're a lot bigger than you =P

crest23 Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 0:23:55

Your grabbing was probably the most remarkable thing I have seen. The fact that you kept pace with the commies for land was amazing!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Reroll

Jan 4th 2012, 2:09:17

Originally posted by JJ23:
Originally posted by Reroll:
Blid, spot on!!

Tdoung, I was hit so badly because one of my ally drop me as a def ally after Rockman send him a message. I wouldnt have lost 15k land if wasn't for him to be honest.

im actually glad rockman pwned you. topfeeding should he punished and you pumping jets to landtrade with someone who is clearly ahead of you in size, land, and production is a cheap shot... try that with me this reset, and ill blow my stock on you too. i cannot stand players who topfeed and then think gdi will protect them in a landtrade.

And I cant stand a player who plays multiple accounts. :) On another note, I was 6m-10m me ahead of Rockman, so you called it top feeding?

Edited By: Reroll on Jan 4th 2012, 5:57:06
See Original Post

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 3:51:21

I view topfeeding as LG someone much higher than you. To me, you were pretty much in the realm of middle feeding. However, some people view top feeding as hitting the top players in the ranking.

I will make sure to have more defense than rockman when i get that fat :)

crest23 Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 4:10:52

When people are blowing stock to hit you, there is NADA you can do about it actually.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 4:33:32

You're right cause PS bonus is huge. But I will make sure to let them know its not profitable to do that unless they want to spend 2 months to finish rank 80 lol

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 6th 2012, 5:03:45

Btw trep, 85m nw would have been excellent with the tech prices this round. Probably played as good or better a round as the commies, heh.

ya seriously, any techer in the top 20 is obviously awesome.

tduong Game profile

Jan 6th 2012, 15:37:55

Originally posted by jfotouhi:

ya seriously, any techer in the top 20 is obviously awesome.

I'd say if you're a decent techer and you can race to 32k acres in a little over a month then you're set to get t10. Hell you'll net 1mil or more per day just from teching without buying extra military thus saving on maintenance. Then you got 3 research allies so you'll be winning top 25 without even stocking. But to get that extra 50 mil net to take top 5 then you'd have to :)

Rockman Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 17:21:30

I finally did the math on why Reroll's hit pissed me off so much. It wasn't an attempt to landtrade, it was done out of spite. Without doing any math, I knew that there was no way he would have been anywhere near benefitting from landtrading with me. After doing the math, I've confirmed that landtrading me would have hurt him 3x more than it helped him.

He gained 7487 acres in his grab. If my first grab had been a PS instead of an SS and I had retalled 1:1, he would have lost 6091 acres in the retal (just take the size of my first SS on him and multiply it by 1.5). That's a net gain of 1396 acres for him. To break me and still have the 30m turrets he had, he needed to be much higher than me in networth since I had about 7m jets and 30m turrets (which is equivalent to 41.67m turrets for a republic). After buying up jets to retal him, I matched networth, hence why my gains were much higher than his. Also, I had better strategy tech than he did.

If I had remembered to regain readiness after attacking you rather than doing my 2nd attack at 89% readiness, but you still had oldman as a defensive ally, you still would have lost about 15k acres. I don't know if I would have been able to dual-PS you after doing 3 SS, but I easily could have done 4 SS + 1 PS (without bouncing any if I had paid attention to my readiness) which would have taken more land than 3 SSs where 1 bounces, and then 2 PS.

If we had just landtraded with 1:1 hits, Reroll would have been left with about 4k barren acres, costing him a little over $500 million to build. Spending 40 turns building instead of cashing would cost him about $200 million. Replacing the lost construction sites to get back to his original 100 bpt would have cost him about $20 million. He lost over 3 million jets in the attack, costing him about $400 million. He used about 1.5 million oil barrels in the attack, costing him about $200 million. He lost about 2 million turrets in the retal, costing him about $280 million. My stockpile was not home, so he didn't take much cash/food from me. I did have superior techs to him, but his net increase in techs would not have been sufficient to cover the increased tech amounts he would have needed on 1400 more acres to keep the same tech levels. He would have needed to spend some additional money on techs.

All this to gain about 800k a turn more income cashing with about 500-600 turns left in the set.

He gains about 400m to 500m income in the longrun from landtrading with me. Thats at the expense of about $1.6 billion, and the risk of pissing off a 60k acre dictator casher with stockpile who ABd/BRd someone for about 8 days in a row the previous set after they messed with his netting set.

And Vivanick's country was a 70 bpt 30k acre techer/MBR hybrid (he couldnt afford to fully switch to MBR apparently) that had stocked, and then destocked and had a 70/30 ratio of jets to turrets after destocking and still had to PS troops & tanks to break me. Not only that, but he hit me two times.

These were not legit landgrabs. These were both people just grabbing me because they could, grabbing to be douchebags. Thats why I snapped. I don't mind legit landgrabs. After I started warring two sets ago, I did get grabbed by countries, and I didn't object to legit landgrabs on me by countries who I could not easily retal.

If Reroll had wanted to landtrade with me earlier in the set, when there was much more time for the increase in landsize to pay off, and when build costs and military losses would have been lower, I would have retalled him 1:1. But that late in the set, grabbing people who can retal you is just lame. You're doing it to hurt them, not to help your own country.

Reroll's grab was not a topfeed. Vivanick's grabs were (due to him dropping stockpile and his out of whack jet to turret ratio). But my problem with the grabs isn't whether or not they were topfeeds, but was how late they were in the set. Grabs that late are grabs where you're doing it just to be a jerk.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 18:22:21

When you have to calculate why you are mad, you have an earth problem. lol
The EEVIL Empire

Rockman Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 18:39:35

Originally posted by Serpentor:

I didn't have to calculate it. The third sentence says that I knew without doing any calculations that it was nowhere near beneficial for him.

And I don't have an Earth problem. I've happily been Earth free for over 3 weeks.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 20:25:41

We can all gain strength from each other. Together we can defeat this addiction!!!
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2012, 21:54:08

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by Serpentor:

I didn't have to calculate it. The third sentence says that I knew without doing any calculations that it was nowhere near beneficial for him.

And I don't have an Earth problem. I've happily been Earth free for over 3 weeks.
I bet he thought he'd get a lot more land (or are there calculators out there that tell you how much you'll get?). Riverbend took 10k from him after ghosts and you were much larger in land than he was. If he could have had a 5k+ acre gain on the exchange (like Riverbend got from him) then I'd say off the top of my head without doing any math it could be a good trade.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 14th 2012, 1:48:08

The timeline dictates otherwise, it was way too late in the game for him to have hit Rockman. The returns wasn't there, and then you add the risk as he must have learned.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2012, 3:26:18

Didn't seem late to me. Rockman is obviously kind of OCD or something and assuming that not only did Pimping know exactly what he'd gain and what it would cost (which I don't think you can tell ahead of time), but that he did all that freaking math. It's a heck of an assumption to base totally ruining a guy's set for a single tap on.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Chewi Game profile

Jan 14th 2012, 5:28:26

It would be obvious that Rockman would and could retal. It isn't good netting practice to make hits you know you will get retaled for. Two smaller hits would have been a lot better.

Reroll

Jan 14th 2012, 5:38:55

Edited By: Reroll on Jan 14th 2012, 5:58:50
See Original Post

Reroll

Jan 14th 2012, 5:57:32

Rockman, there is no necesscity for name calling here. Do you realize that by blowing your stocks in order to multi tap a country that just did a hit on you, only shows that you have poor anger management.

How you define legit land grabbing? Is it because you stock up for 1 weeks and if anyone who grabs you then it is considered unreasonable grabbing? Or no player should grab you once you have stock up for more than a week? Let's get real, in earth the game play is constantly changing. Whether my attack on you is beneficial to me that is another question all together.

I didn't expect you to snap for just a single tap. Also I have my reason for not retaling you, if I were to do the opposite I wouln't say I will outshine a dictator at war but having around the same networth, it would still deal pretty impressive damage.

Edited By: Reroll on Jan 14th 2012, 8:23:17
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Jan 14th 2012, 18:47:56

Rockman, there is no necesscity for name calling here. Do you realize that by blowing your stocks in order to multi tap a country that just did a hit on you, only shows that you have poor anger management.

How you define legit land grabbing? Is it because you stock up for 1 weeks and if anyone who grabs you then it is considered unreasonable grabbing? Or no player should grab you once you have stock up for more than a week? Let's get real, in earth the game play is constantly changing. Whether my attack on you is beneficial to me that is another question all together.

I didn't expect you to snap for just a single tap. Also I have my reason for not retaling you, if I were to do the opposite I wouln't say I will outshine a dictator at war but having around the same networth, it would still deal pretty impressive damage.

You grabbed me just to fluff up my set when I hadn't done anything to provoke you, but I'm the one with anger management issues? Look in the mirror.

A legit landgrab is a landgrab where you're grabbing to benefit yourself. You were grabbing me just to be a fluff, you weren't grabbing to help yourself.

Whether or not a landgrab is legit, and whether or not it benefits the person making it are not two separate questions. If it does not benefit you, its not a legit landgrab. If it does not benefit you, then the damage it does to your enemy matters sufficiently to outweigh the damage it does to yourself. Sadly, I became your enemy merely for being a better player than you. That's some pretty pathetic anger management you have there. By your convoluted logic, it would have been perfectly acceptable to AB me if I wasn't in GDI, even if I had never attacked you or your allies. Merely by being superior to you, I became your enemy, and hurting yourself just to hurt me was justified.

tduong Game profile

Jan 14th 2012, 21:39:33

Didn't seem late to me. Rockman is obviously kind of OCD or something and assuming that not only did Pimping know exactly what he'd gain and what it would cost (which I don't think you can tell ahead of time), but that he did all that freaking math. It's a heck of an assumption to base totally ruining a guy's set for a single tap on.

that was a seriously a d1ck move. Like I said before. He could've easily gotten 4-6k acres doing 3 PS on republics ranked 50-100 that was around 20-24k acres. There were plenty of them. Hell he could've done 4 PS. I was around rank 100 at that time with mostly turrets and a 9 mil jets PS would've broken me for sure. There would've been no way I could've retal at all.
For reroll to make that hit, he had to cash up billions just to buy enough jets for that. Then incur the maintenance, retal, losses, etc... That is not a winning formula at the end of the set.

Reroll

Jan 15th 2012, 0:49:12

Originally posted by tduong:

that was a seriously a d1ck move. Like I said before. He could've easily gotten 4-6k acres doing 3 PS on republics ranked 50-100 that was around 20-24k acres. There were plenty of them. Hell he could've done 4 PS. I was around rank 100 at that time with mostly turrets and a 9 mil jets PS would've broken me for sure. There would've been no way I could've retal at all.
For reroll to make that hit, he had to cash up billions just to buy enough jets for that. Then incur the maintenance, retal, losses, etc... That is not a winning formula at the end of the set.

Tdoung, you need to factor in that towards the end of a reset there aren't any targets left for you to hit. Being in top 10, looking for another 4 republics or cashers is near to impossible unless you wish to hit them twice in a single set. If I go down that path, my probability of getting ABed is higher, like what just happenned to Jedioda.

Edited By: Reroll on Jan 15th 2012, 4:50:29
See Original Post

Reroll

Jan 15th 2012, 1:09:29

Originally posted by Rockman:

You grabbed me just to fluff up my set when I hadn't done anything to provoke you, but I'm the one with anger management issues? Look in the mirror.

A legit landgrab is a landgrab where you're grabbing to benefit yourself. You were grabbing me just to be a fluff, you weren't grabbing to help yourself.

Whether or not a landgrab is legit, and whether or not it benefits the person making it are not two separate questions. If it does not benefit you, its not a legit landgrab. If it does not benefit you, then the damage it does to your enemy matters sufficiently to outweigh the damage it does to yourself. Sadly, I became your enemy merely for being a better player than you. That's some pretty pathetic anger management you have there. By your convoluted logic, it would have been perfectly acceptable to AB me if I wasn't in GDI, even if I had never attacked you or your allies. Merely by being superior to you, I became your enemy, and hurting yourself just to hurt me was justified.

Rockman, how do you know if the landgrab wasn't beneficial to me? It is all merely your assumptions. With that you made a hasty conclusion that this 'fluff' country is wrecking your set then you blew your stock and multi tap. If I'm planninh to wreck a top player's set just because mine is wrecked I would have ABed you after you making hits on me. Look in the minor.

No offense but from your response you seem to lean towards a hot-headed individual category. I wouldn't mind if you share your thoughts with others in the forum but name calling isn't very pleasant.

Anyhow, the set is over I wouldn't want to debate any further. You have your valid reason and I have mine.

Edited By: Reroll on Jan 15th 2012, 4:34:16
See Original Post

oldman Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 2:23:11

alright, chill. Let's go have some beer.

Reroll

Jan 15th 2012, 2:41:46

Originally posted by oldman:
alright, chill. Let's go have some beer.

Yeah, totally agree. It's better than having sex. Well ....almost.

Grimstad Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 3:08:39

So much fuss about... well.. nothing?
aka maxmanus

jedioda Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 6:42:29

Sex and beer