Verified:

mrford Game profile

Jun 11th 2014, 20:37:38

the objective of a buyout is a thin market

mil tech is never a thin market at the end of the set, when this buyout was planned, so that is literally one of the worst buyout techs. seriously

i chose med because with like 14 days to go in the set i looked at 100+ hours of market data and med tech was not selling in high volumes, telling me that there wasnt much out there. the problem i ran into was in a week, i was only able to buy 2mill or so points. not really enough for a easy buyout. my advantage was also my weakness. not to mention someone only bought half my block, giving away my price, and blockers abound popped up the next day, among other misscommunications.

if it was a set long thing, it would of gone differently, but i still would never choose med tech...... thats stupid.

edit: i feel i need to further explain. all those fat netters had hundreds of thousands of points of mil tech of their own, so blockers could of been thrown up by every single netting country on the server. obviously i didnt want that.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 11th 2014, 20:40:52
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford