Verified:

Flamey Game profile

May 31st 2013, 17:46:56

Sov is very fair at FA dealings and is by far our most activate leader. However, due to his far more important priorities, our whole FA and IA team has been less than efficient.

Regarding the whole grabbing and deleting thing, it should have been sorted. I remember us offering retals and the guy self-deleting in protest (Didn't even know you're not able to self-delete after grabbing). Why it wasn't sorted was probably down to our leadership inactivity and Monsters not following it up.

The topfeed after the war was a jerk move. Yet, looking back at #7's grabs over the reset, there is so much of what we'd consider 'abusive landtrading' that I'm not losing sleep over it. A whole load of miscommunication occurred afterwards, which seemed to be resolved with #7 dropping defence and letting us have a few grabs. However, after it did the opposite, we decided to kill him and eventually did it, despite his stock and mass FA.

Understandably that left relations at an all-time low with both sides unhappy, but now we have another incident caused by us. Obviously it was done by bored members trying to provoke a war. It backfired. The members have been demoted and we will pay reps and I hear that Xyle is prepared to offer a uNAP over it.

I can understand why we are seen as bullies and how all our misdemeanours can be listed and built up into one big conspiracy; but in actual fact its a mixture of things:

1) We are a blood-thirsty alliance which negotiates hard in our and our allies' interest and have a FA policy which actively seeks vengeance against who we feel wrongs us.

2) When we mess up, it's usually members bored by lack of war. It's something we need to deal with, but it's also a lack of motivation/laziness in the leadership to resolve it (especially me) that causes a bunch of problems, rather than us intentionally being difficult.

3) We have no AT policy, our members can fluff-talk all they want. The whole RDP thing and planned 1 week KR were obviously jokes.

I've actually done a lot of work this reset in rewriting FDP/uNAPS and I'll be writing our external policy publically in the next few days and a clear internal policy, which hopefully resolve a lot of issues. But in summary, look back at my earlier post. SoF is a great ally to have and a good alliance to be pacted to; however it isn't our job to be jolly and merry to anyone outside of our circle. Just be lucky you have someone constructive like Xyle to deal with and not me, who seriously would kill an alliance for looking at me funny.

Edited By: Flamey on May 31st 2013, 17:51:15
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit